Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WALL-E vs Kungfu Panda

Lightbulb WALL-E vs Kungfu Panda

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, WALL-E (triumph card of Pixar) and Kungfu Panda (triumph card of Dreamworks) for the Year 2008. Have you watched both? Share with us your views on the 2 movies.

I have yet to catch WALL-E (but I will), but I have an idea of the story....now I need the emotion track to run on. Having been a Pixar supporter, I think WALL-E will triumph over KFP because I find it true (as told by someone) WALL-E is so original, not to mention the realistic graphics. The non-vocal yet understandable communication of WALL-E......is bloody impressive!

As for the opening (where it shows the movie is presented by studio Dreamworks or Pixar), although both studios are just as creative, I'm guilty to confess that I still prefer KFP though. The little Chinese messenger rushing for time is totally cute.

Now, tell us, share with us your sentiments and opinion of the two animations.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I have seen neither. But I think Kung Fu Panda appeals to me more.

I think that Kungfu Panda is much more funny, but WALL-E has more heart. And yep, the gestures and sound communication of the robots in WALL-E are impressive.

Having seen both, and really enjoyed both, I'll have to say that overall, I was more impressed by WALL-E.

KFP was absolutely hilarious, had wonderful and beautiful graphics, great plot and characters. But in the end, it told you the same story as many other movies have done before (that you can be anything you want to be, that being great comes from inside your heart and not from somewhere else, that good triumphs evil, etc). It was very well-done, but was not something overly original because it used the same tecnique of story telling that many other animated movies did. I came out of the movie feeling very amused and entertained, but that was about it. The movie was great, but there was no wow factor.

WALL-E, on the other hand, completely amazed me. Like KFP, it also had great graphics, great plot, and great characters. It also told a pretty old storyline, a baisc love story, but mixed in with sme pro environmental morals. The thing that WALL-E did was that, firstly, it had robots. Now, robots are usually thought of as cold objects with no feelings, and personally, I usually don't even watch animated movies with robotic or metallic objects (e.g. Cars). But when I saw WALL-E, I was taken aback at just how wonderfully the characters portrayed their emotions, even though they did not speak at all. From the way WALL-E and EVE acted i wsas able to experience their emotions and actually feel what they were feeling. That amazed me the most, the fact that you can connect so deeply with the characters even though you don't even uncderstand the sounds they make. It sshowed how emotions are so universal that you don't need language to show it. That I thought was very original, artistic, and creative.

Overall, KFP may have been a funnier movie to watch, but WALL-E was more more touching and better artistically.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Default WALL-E vs Kungfu Panda

I've only seen WALL-E which was pretty good but I didn't Like the first 20 minutes without talking. I haven't seen Kungfu Panda but from the previews I've seen it seems really stupid and pointless. But that's just my opinion.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

I just watched this movie yesterday. It was great....and just so incredibly sweet.

It was much better and come more meaningful than I had thought.

Eva was one violent Missy Robot and somehow she reminds me one forumy in SPCNET when I was in the midst of watching that movie.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

i haven't watch wall-e yet but the movie doesn't appeal to me. i don't know why. so no future plans to watch it either.

kung fu panda, now that was an enjoyable movie and the characters are just funny. i love the way this movie have a heavy feel of martial arts in it.
    ---------
    Shellie

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by shellie View Post
    i haven't watch wall-e yet but the movie doesn't appeal to me. i don't know why. so no future plans to watch it either.

kung fu panda, now that was an enjoyable movie and the characters are just funny. i love the way this movie have a heavy feel of martial arts in it.
    Don't be fool by appearance alone, this is a great movie and with all the preachy about preserving world environment, this is actually a very romantic Love Story, trust me it's good .

The giggle of EVE is sooo unforgettable and supremely cute.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by shellie View Post
    i love the way this movie have a heavy feel of martial arts in it.
    Hey, that is the main purpose/objective of the movie, its a homage/spoof to the 70s cinemascope kungfu movie such as Five Deadly Venoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Deadly_Venoms

Quote Originally Posted by convoy View Post
    I think that Kungfu Panda is much more funny, but WALL-E has more heart. And yep, the gestures and sound communication of the robots in WALL-E are impressive.
    Nothing beats the quality of Pixar. I'm with you about Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda. Wall-E is heartwarming and everything is so well portrayed, but Kung Fu Panda was SO funny and the animation is the best non-Pixar. I will buy both movies for sure, I just need to buy a Blu-ray player first.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Don't be fool by appearance alone, this is a great movie and with all the preachy about preserving world environment, this is actually a very romantic Love Story, trust me it's good .

The giggle of EVE is sooo unforgettable and supremely cute.
    My favourite character was the little cleaning robot, that's where you see the superiority of Pixar.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

i really enjoyed both.

kfp was kind of brainless and very amusing for me.

wall-e was super sweet although i found wall-e sort of annoying with with obsession. at the same time, i found his persistence in his romantic pursuit so endearing. i esp enjoyed his efficiency at cleaning. i need a robot like that.

overall, after having seen both movies a while ago, i seem to recall more about wall-e, and that says alot.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    My favourite character was the little cleaning robot, that's where you see the superiority of Pixar.
    YES!!! I think his name was Mow or something like that. He was just going around, cleaning up after Wall-E's tracks and then getting so frustrated to find more, lol. And the scene where all the robots in the "mental hospital" got loose and went around like rebels...oh that was just too great.

I've watched both and really liked both, though I'd give a little bit of an edge to Wall-E. Both were really worthy animations of the year.

Mo was totally sweet. Though of all the bots I probably liked Wall-E best. That fellow is an embodiment of cuteness...:-)
    And Auto. Auto was incredibly cool.

I've yet to see Kung Fu Panda - but I believe I'll like it, too...:-)

It's lovely to share all of your views on both movies.

Bunnie, I had the same thought too...... "Mental Institution" for the robots lol. And, I thought the little cleaning robot was somewhat on the evil side but I was wrong. He was just so particular about cleanliness.... (Foreign Contamination)

It's trully amazing how Pixar could put that humanity emotions into robots yet convince the public, they are robots. They do the robot things but they possesss this human love & evil traits too. Eva is so "iPod" alike and she was like a "career woman" with her heart melted by the back-dated and conventional robot, WALL-E. - The ambitious career woman vs the homey goody guy
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-13-08 at 12:11 AM.

i think wall-E could've done a better job at promotion. i really had no idea what the movie was about aside from being "robot" until my friend told me it's a "romance". perhaps they were just planning to let it ride on the fame of pixar.

on the other hand, I'm kind of glad they kept most of the story out of the previews. It was rather plesantly surprising to not know what the movie is about.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Yingying, get the DVD when it's out. You'd love it. I think Andrew Stanton's name sells, and Pixar too. Maybe that is why they couldn't be bothered with a bigger promotion?

Talking

I like both but if I choose Kungfu panda because is very funny and interesting story because I like funny film
    I thinks Wall-E story is very romantic and the story meaning for all people in order that keep Earth and tell Earth future if human don't keep Earth until human can't live in Earth because nothing tree.

i didn't enjoy kfp at all. it was torture sitting through it. i think a dislike for jack black could've had somthign to do with it.

wall e on the other hand...i downloaded it, cos i've not been a fan of robots films at all, i even hated the tin-man in wizard of oz. but wall-e...well, after watching it a billion times on my computer. i paid for tickets to go watch it in cinema. now doesn't tat tell you sumthing?
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    i didn't enjoy kfp at all. it was torture sitting through it. i think a dislike for jack black could've had somthign to do with it.

wall e on the other hand...i downloaded it, cos i've not been a fan of robots films at all, i even hated the tin-man in wizard of oz. but wall-e...well, after watching it a billion times on my computer. i paid for tickets to go watch it in cinema. now doesn't tat tell you sumthing?
    Aha! Yes, it definitely tells something. Me, on the other hand, I watched it twice in the theatre. Simply love it! It still touches me deeply even when I catch it the 2nd time. The difference is.... I noticed on the 2nd catch, this film was made in memory of someone as old as myself.......