Thread: what attracts uor repels u to an actress?

Default what attracts uor repels u to an actress?

after my long retirement from the forum, i've started catching up on the reading, i've notice that the newer actress out there have an equally shared base of haters and lovers.

i have yet to make up my mind about any of them since i havent seen enough to really make a decision.

what makes you like or dislike a certain actress? older generations or newer ones?

i've always been a fan of Michelle Yim, mainly because i believe she is such a wonderful actress and have a winning personality.

i liked Bondy chiu because i like her protrayal in Demi Gods and Semi Devils and in Virtues of harmony. and i i like her singing.

like like yoyo mung because i like her personality.

i like Maggie Cheung because i like her acting in old time buddy and return of the condor heroes.

i dislike Charmain sheh(?) becuase she's in to many movies and her acting only succeeded in some, she was one of the ones tat turned me off tvb.

i dislike linda chung because i don't understand why she's been put into the lime light so much when i can't see her being great at anything? plus she seems kinda fake to me. nothing from wat i read, more of the initial reaction to her.

what about u?
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

The looks/personality/acting skills then everything else.

i think most important is the acting skills, the looks and maybe the charisma
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.

I'm a big fan of Myolie Wu because of her indepth acting. She has the ability to make me feel what she's feeling. She makes me feel her pain of one sided love for Raymond in the Drive of Life and she looks so cute and pretty in there. Also, the eye expression is very important. Myolie masters this in Master of Tai Chi where her eyes can relay her emotions so well, such as when Hiu Sing found her after she regained her memory and she looked at him with eyes that reflect the sad/confused/wounded emotions going through her... very credible and powerful.

I agree with what you said about charmaine sheh and linda chung. They are so overrated and their acting is just bland, I don't feel anything when they are onscreen. For example, charman was the lead in DOL but she acted so badly that I thought she was third rated supporting actress. I really despised her character instead of feeling sorry for her. I can't find any sympathy when these two are crying. They turned me off TVB too, I rather watch reality shows than them. Don't know what's up with their hype.
    All Time Favorite Series: The Master of Tai Chi
    All Time Favorite Actress: Myolie Wu
    All Time Favorite Actor: Raymond Lam
    Love Raymond Lam, Love Myolie Wu, Obsessed with RAYOLIE!!!