Thread: Poetry/Creative Writing Club?

Default Poetry/Creative Writing Club?

I think this fits better in academia, but feel free to put it in fanfic (I don't really classify creative writing as fanfic though).

I was thinking it might be cool to have a topic each month and members submit pieces (poetry, song lyrics, creative writing). It doesn't have to be a competition, but just open discussion?

I believe Roses should contribute the first piece?

I think free style may encourage more entries than fixed topic? Is this in English only?
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Writing is great and lots of fun. I used to write a lot in my free time, when I had free time back then. I'll share a piece I wrote 2 years ago. Comments welcome, enjoy!

We were all spoiled by the shield of education. We never felt the necessity of introspection because the guise of school inferred potential, as limitless as our drive. The longer we had left in our formative years, the more we could lie to ourselves that life was right. Dreams were capturable possibilities, free of the despotic reins of reality. And as time quickly slipped through our hands we slowly tempered our dreams to better reconcile with mediocrity. Society screamed into our ears and told us exactly how to live and be happy.

Learn, read, test, graduate, interview, work, save, marry, kids, retire, die.

With weekends thrown in and a vacation here or there enough to silence our curiousity, because we think that this is the only way it could be. Yet we stayed optimistic that our integrity wouldn't fold quite so easily. And we graduated, and entered the brutish reality of work and society. Luckily for some, it came easy. The people, the pay, the possibilities. The glamor of independence, the enticement and prestige of success. It provided a false sense of reprieve, a temporary fetish with which to ventilate our souls.

And as the money poured in, the more and more disillusioned we became with ourselves. The more and more that immediacy became our top priority. Suffocating with exuberance, we danced the years and night into a blitzkrieg of jettisoned anguish. And in desperation, we fall, lost in a sea of thieves of soul, drifting further and further away into never turning back. This was our insurrection.

Want, strive, get, elate, repeat, repeat, repeat, sickness, boredom, empty.

Finally, we realize.

And all we can remember are those dreams that used to sing us to sleep oh so gently.

I imagine it like this, on a drizzly Autumn day hidden away in the quiet countryside of France, where people are completely unpretentious, sitting in a cozy outdoor cafe under a clear awning as streams of water trickle down from above, puffing on a cigarette and sipping tea with nothing whatsoever on my mind. She is at my side, I look at her and am amazed, her gentle face is even more beautiful in the rain.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Thanks Bliss. What a piece. I can see what PJ was refering to when he mentioned your vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Thanks Bliss. What a piece. I can see what PJ was refering to when he mentioned your vocabulary.
    ? I don't follow.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Great piece bliss! And thanks for responding to my threaddd....

I have this somewhere else, but it's one of my favourites from other things I wrote.

We backup everything: our files, proofs from our pictures, photocopies of our receipts. But who backs up our memories? Who takes a million pictures of our expressions, priceless images that can not be duplicated? Who records our thoughts, silent words that are spoken but not heard? Who records the weight of our burdens, the degrees of our pain, the volume of our tears? How many decibels are our screams for help? When we dissolve into ashes, we too, burn in the flames and return to the sea, the earth, the sky—everything uniquely us lost forever.

Very philosophical entries here.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    ? I don't follow.
    PJ was praising your grasp of language when he voted for you for an interview.

Here is some depressing poetry I wrote a while back:

Silhouette from a Bleeding Heart

Running residue
    Blood red flashes of time
    Stains along the dark
    Aching despair
    Why does the world fall
    Turn away run
    Weep, but no sound
    Dry tears of self
    Not deserts for love
    Life
    It is just a game
    In the end
    Only the shadows remain
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

Sometimes the line is only so faint, and other times so distinct. Often, we walk around alone in blurs, watching the colors melt into each other. It doesn’t matter then, because they are all part of the scenery, the background, the world that is beyond us, behind us, anything but what we need to worry about. Yet other times, we stand on crossroads, gaping our open mouths at the stark contrasts between the two worlds we stand in between. Maybe it only takes one extra step to jump from hell to heaven, but once you have crossed that line, you are over. It doesn’t matter if you have leaped beyond the line by a hundred meters or one—you are all considered equals once over. Because in this new world—there only exists residents and aliens. Once confirmed a resident, you can rest your heart in that you are safe. Perhaps that is what we want from life—a reassurance that thing will be fine—reassurance that our child has arrived safely at school, reassurance that we have met the cutoffs, reassurance that the diagnostic test results are negative. But many times, we do not know what we want from life—we do not know whether we want to simply live off reassurance, or whether we prefer to be left in the dark, forever dancing in the blurred shadows. And we confuse the two…confusing what we want out of life, confusing those around us, confusing ourselves. Without truly knowing what we want, how are we to achieve our desired goal with no title?

"To Play or Not to Play"

Chibby chibby night
    Chibby chibby day
    Lets go all out and play
    The days bright and gay
    We all go out and play

Sorry sorry sweetie
    Sorry sorry me
    I can't go out and play
    My mood is dark and my mind is warped
    We can't all go out and play

Why why why cant we
    Go play I want to have fun all day
    Playing will make you happy
    Now stop sobing and play

How How How can we
    Go play The sky outside is grey
    Gloomy is my future
    Can't feel better and play

We can we can play
    Just wish today wasn't grey
    Make it go away i want to go play
    Not alone but with you

Yeah okay okay
    So what if the weather stays
    It can't go away lets have fun today
    Together right now just me and you

I like the way you write, Roses. It's very House on Mango Street.

There;s no fear,
    worse than that,
    of the growing pit
    in the gut
    of realising,
    that,
    that
    life is passing you by,
    again.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I think, this is considerably creative writing. Shall I call this......alittle nonsense from me instead? Whatever be it, so be it. I'm so inspired to write about these penggies in evil light. Anyway...... enjoy!

LITTLE PENGGY

ADORABLE ZEN MASTER OR FLIGHTLESS WATER FOWL?

At a mere two feet tall, the cuddly Little Penggy is the very essence of innocence, and yet possesses an unmatched depth of wisdom. With a simple pout and a wry ‘hello’, our hero glides effortlessly from one adventure to another. Wherever the wind shifts, he will follow, and wherever he lands... that’s where he’ll be.

Fun Fact: Although Little Penggy is said to understand such varied dead languages as Latin, Cornish, Coptic, Sanskrit, Polabian, Vedic, Manx, Gaulish, Old Prussian, Church Slavonic, and even Hieroglypic Hittite, he has never been found to utter any word other than “hello”. (It is unknown to this day, if when saying “hello”, Little Penggy is referring to the common English greeting or the ancient “Slavonic” curse word, which when roughly translated means “Idiot”.)

What others say about Little Penggy:

Terrance (The Badger) Kapunsky - “He’s my bestest buddy and one of the finest birds to ever come along. I love him ‘cause the little bugger needs me so. Boy, that poor guy... if I weren’t around to show him the ropes he’d be eaten alive. He’s too good! I tell him all the time to kick somebody in the shins, but he’d rather say, ‘hello’. Go figure!”

Tushingham D. Hamsta - “He’s one of the few blokes I haven’t punched in the face! Kinda sad, really. I often weep at night thinking about it. After all... I promised dear ol’ mom on her deathbed that I’d bash everyone I’d ever meet, but I can’t get bloody angry at that boy. He’s all heart.”

Leonard (The Mole) Stepponnmeisser - “Yes, I would very much like to put into words how I feel about Penggy, but it might be best I write up a few drafts first, because I wouldn’t want to undermine his meaning to me by leaving anything out. If there is one thing I’ve learned when supplying a compliment, it’s that you have to be sure you’re fully ready to deliver one and that it sounds sincere despite whatever rewrites and intense contemplation is required.”

Turk (The Naked Turtle) Tackleburry - “I like talking to Penggy ‘cause he’s a good listener and never seems to get up and walk away like most people do when I have something to say.”

Stan The Man - “I think that penguin owes me money. Did I say penguin? I meant badger; where the hell is Terrance?!”
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

This came from a famous quote from Marianne Williamson is the author of A Return of Love after watching Akeelah and the Bee.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." (A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles", Harper Collins, 1992. From Chapter 7, Section 3])"-Marianne Williamson.

I would like to share this because in part of ourlives we had asked this question before.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.