Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Which wuxia hero had the best danger sense?

  1. #1
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,966

    Default Which wuxia hero had the best danger sense?

    Wuxia heroes, especially the more experienced ones, have a sort of "sixth sense" for danger. They can sense danger around them and prepare for it before most people would even be aware of any threat.

    Which wuxia heroes have the best danger sense? I'm guessing that the best must be LUK SIU FUNG's Fa Mun Lau, who despite being blind, seemed to have enhanced other senses to compensate (sort of like wuxia's answer to the superhero Daredevil). The guy could hear snowflakes falling on a rooftop, for goodness' sakes.

  2. #2
    Senior Member flamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    绿柳山庄
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    Sweeper Monk. He keeps a constant internal energy wall around him.

  3. #3
    Senior Member AnhHung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Sweeper Monk. He keeps a constant internal energy wall around him.
    Thats not a sixth sense, thats just paranoia.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

  4. #4
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung View Post
    Thats not a sixth sense, thats just paranoia.
    I've got paranoia too, but you don't see me erecting a permanent chi shield around myself.

    I just get by with that tinfoil hat that Ren Wo Xing gave me a few months ago.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    97

    Default

    wei xiao bao, obviously.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Extremer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    LOHAH - Land of Honour & Happiness
    Posts
    2,405

    Post

    Xie Xun too. His other senses became sharper despite being blind.
    ..ext88

  7. #7
    Senior Member KJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Wuxia heroes, especially the more experienced ones, have a sort of "sixth sense" for danger. They can sense danger around them and prepare for it before most people would even be aware of any threat.

    Which wuxia heroes have the best danger sense? I'm guessing that the best must be LUK SIU FUNG's Fa Mun Lau, who despite being blind, seemed to have enhanced other senses to compensate (sort of like wuxia's answer to the superhero Daredevil). The guy could hear snowflakes falling on a rooftop, for goodness' sakes.
    But that's not really a sixth sense. Like you said, his other senses are just enhanced. I guess a lot of it would involve luck. WXB seems to get out of a lot of messes.

  8. #8
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,966

    Default

    Reviving this older thread to say that among the Jin Yong heroes, it's probably Kiu Fung. It was almost *impossible* to get the drop on this guy. He had a danger sense that was uncanny. Many tried to sneak-attack or backstab him, but all failed. He saw through every sneak attack and trap thrown at him.

  9. #9
    Senior Member goodrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Huang Yaoshi probably due to his Qi Men Dun Jia and divination abilities?

  10. #10
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Reviving this older thread to say that among the Jin Yong heroes, it's probably Kiu Fung. It was almost *impossible* to get the drop on this guy. He had a danger sense that was uncanny. Many tried to sneak-attack or backstab him, but all failed. He saw through every sneak attack and trap thrown at him.
    No he didn't. The poisoned wine was one.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  11. #11
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    No he didn't. The poisoned wine was one.
    Holy necromancy, batman!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

  12. #12
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    No he didn't. The poisoned wine was one.
    The jug served to him by Ah Chi?

  13. #13
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The jug served to him by Ah Chi?
    Yup. And this was at a time when he knew he was about to abscond and should have been more alert.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-19-06, 02:08 AM
  2. What should a wuxia hero do if ..
    By kidd in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-04-06, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •