Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: China in Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If that is the case then they should protest against the government of Sudan, not the chinese companies. The Sudanese government is the one that commiting genocide, not the chinese companies. If you manufacture knives and sell them to the consumers. Some criminals using the knives you made to commit crime, is it fair to hold you accountable?
    If I am a manufacturer of knives and I deliberately sold them to known criminals with a high possibility to mug old ladies, rape young girls and kill helpless peasants, then yes, I do hold myself accountable and I am a bastard even if the law does not explicitly says so.
    Last edited by Xiang Yu; 01-21-10 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Yu View Post
    If I am a manufacturer of knives and I deliberately sold them to known criminals with a high possibility to mug old ladies, rape young girls and kill helpless peasants, then yes, I do hold myself accountable and I am a bastard even if the law does not explicitly says so.
    So according to you, the chinese companies are the ones that cause all the killing whereas the government of sudan is innocent. In the past, it has been the white men fault and now the chinese men fault. It's never the sudanese men fault. Correct?? You didn't even acknowledge genocide committed by the sudanese government is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    So according to you, the chinese companies are the ones that cause all the killing whereas the government of sudan is innocent. In the past, it has been the white men fault and now the chinese men fault. It's never the sudanese men fault. Correct?? You didn't even acknowledge genocide committed by the sudanese government is wrong.
    No, he's not saying they caused it, he's saying that are at fault for facilitating it. Taking from his analogy: Selling you knives doesn't cause these attrocities to happen. You do, but he knowingly helped facilitate it so he is partly responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    No, he's not saying they caused it, he's saying that are at fault for facilitating it. Taking from his analogy: Selling you knives doesn't cause these attrocities to happen. You do, but he knowingly helped facilitate it so he is partly responsible.
    How come no one is blaming the Sudanese government for the genocide? It's always someone else fault.

They are, but the topic in question right now is China.

Oh dear, Banh - you should know better.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Yeah give up guys. TC only knows if it's legal, then it's ok. He doesn't understand why we have laws in the first place.

How does one twist an arguement from Chinese companies being part of the fault equating to the Sudanese government being completely innocent is beyond me.

People should be responsible for what they post. Quite frankly, if TCs not a troll, I expect more from an university graduate raised in western civilisation.
    Last edited by yittz; 01-21-10 at 11:24 PM.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Quite frankly, if TCs not a troll, I expect more from an university graduate raised in western civilisation.
    One Chinese phrase perfect for description:

林子大了,什麼鳥都有。

"A huge forest has all sorts of birds."

Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I hope China won't bow to these protestors like a slave. China should continue doing business with governments in Africa if that is in her interest. Conventional military weapons for oil and diamonds is a very good deal. It's not illegal.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 01-23-10 at 02:24 AM.