Thread: When Its At Night ft. Kim Sun Ah Lee Dong Gun

Talking When Its At Night ft. Kim Sun Ah Lee Dong Gun

I've been waiting for this drama. Anyone watching it?
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/When_It%27s_At_Night

I like that we're seeing Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dong Gun together in a drama. But why is she playing another 29 year old? I know she isn't young, but why does the summary have to focus that she's whatever age.

But I'm glad to see her again in another drama.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I watched it but I gave up halfway through the drama. The script was a mess and quality was patchy. And I basically couldn't care for most of the supporting cast. It wasn't how I imagined the story of protecting national cultural heritage would shape out to be because it eventually became stuck with the usual relationship entanglements and complications of the past that we see so often in Korean dramas. I did enjoy watching Lee Dong Gun's Kim Bom Sang though.

I've seen 5 episodes so far and well, it seems like a cop story and the prevention of stealing cultural artifacts. It is a romcom, so of course you'll see the usual relationship complications and etc. I've actually come to like the LDG and KSA pairing. The kiss in Episode 5 was hot! They sure know how to leave the audience with cliffhanger endings at the end of each episode.

I wonder if its a common occurrence in K-Dramas to have the couple kiss by episode 5. I think in MNIKSS, she and Hyun Bin kissed in episode 5 too.

What's his name...the actor who plays Kang Shi Won is an attractive man. But his character is so out there.. I mean he doesn't seem to know what's going on with the social relations. I wish he'd be more observant.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I've been waiting for this drama. Anyone watching it?
    A terrible show. Skip it.

But why is she playing another 29 year old? I know she isn't young, but why does the summary have to focus that she's whatever age.
    Actresses don't like to be "aged."

It's the same reason why all the older actresses playing opposite Hyun Bin call him Oppa(as Sung Yuri did in Snow Queen) and Senpai(as Song Hye Gyo is doing in A world of their own). The character of Kim Sam Soon was an exception since the writer wanted to fulfill women's fantasy that even fat old maidens could date billionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    A terrible show. Skip it.

Actresses don't like to be "aged."

It's the same reason why all the older actresses playing opposite Hyun Bin call him Oppa(as Sung Yuri did in Snow Queen) and Senpai(as Song Hye Gyo is doing in A world of their own). The character of Kim Sam Soon was an exception since the writer wanted to fulfill women's fantasy that even fat old maidens could date billionaires.
    Heh. Too late. I've already started watching it and have decided to ignore your unwarranted advice/suggestion.

I think LDG and KSA is carrying the show pretty well, despite whether or not the storyline is good or not. Their acting make it watchable.

I recently started watching this and am currently watching episode 4! I really enjoy watching this series! Lee Dong Gun is awesome! Yet I prefer him with nobody rather than Han Ji Hye... too bad they broke up a while ago. Anyway, hope this series is as good as Kim Sam Soon! The style is similar in some ways. The second male lead is a good looker too! Also, its kind of a pity to watch and know that the second female lead doesn't play the main lead anymore.. The plot is different but catchy! Hopefully it stays that way and not become draggy. =P

Actually, I am finding this show disappointing.

First, Kim Sun-ah's character is too much like Sam Soon. In fact, I thought Sam Soon had a lot more depth than this character. Why did they give her a character that was so similar?

Second, I would prefer Kim Sun-ah to end up with Captain Kang. He is just the sweetest guy. I didn't think she and Lee Dong Gun had much chemistry and in terms of their characters, it isn't clear to me why he likes her. And I don't know what she sees in him either. She starts to think of him just because he kissed her a couple of times?? The captain is too much of a gentleman to do that but it was obvious he cared for her.

At least Kim Jung Hwa got to play a very different character from the last time I saw her (1% of Anything). But she just had to act silly most of the time. Shouldn't have been too hard for her as an experienced actress.

Quote Originally Posted by messy View Post
    First, Kim Sun-ah's character is too much like Sam Soon. In fact, I thought Sam Soon had a lot more depth than this character. Why did they give her a character that was so similar?
    Because this show is a pseudo-quel to My Name Is Kim Sam Soon. Just like how Winter Sonata is a pseudo-quel to Autumn Tale...

Second, I would prefer Kim Sun-ah to end up with Captain Kang.
    But the actor playing Captain Kang is nobody.

At least Kim Jung Hwa got to play a very different character from the last time I saw her (1% of Anything). But she just had to act silly most of the time. Shouldn't have been too hard for her as an experienced actress.
    Kim Jung Hwa was going through a career slump and was a last-minute substitute for another actress who bailed out of the show to take the lead in "Lawyer for Mr. Korea"...

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    Because this show is a pseudo-quel to My Name Is Kim Sam Soon. Just like how Winter Sonata is a pseudo-quel to Autumn Tale...

But the actor playing Captain Kang is nobody.

Kim Jung Hwa was going through a career slump and was a last-minute substitute for another actress who bailed out of the show to take the lead in "Lawyer for Mr. Korea"...
    Thanks for the info!

I don't care who acted as the Captain but he sure is better looking and his character much nicer.

As for Kim Jung Hwa, I didn't think this character was very challenging. As i said, she didn't have to do more than act silly. Which was how it was for many of the other minor characters too.

Is there anyone in here know, the tittle of the song that Kim sun ah and Lee dong gun sing together in this drama? the song that they sing together at the Kim bam sum college reunion. the scene before the kissing scene. Please respnse to my question.PLEASE. Thankyou!