Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: ROUND 2 Interview with Spcnet members

Okay, in celebration of Beavie's achievement, she may order one item of any value at the spcnet cafe, all on me.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Haha, at this rate, you guys are going to have to close that cafe down soon, especially in this lagging economy.

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    dammit! i will come up with a new one for you. ooo...just you wait

Jadey: Choose a year and date to be born based on both the chinese & western zodiacs that fits you the best. You must also specify why you choose that specific date and year.
    I like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Jaded WenEr - What would happen if one day there was no more music to be heard in this world? How would you be affected?
    I like this question too.

on top of that, if you had to choose between losing both your legs, both your arms, or both your ears, what would you pick? you must lose BOTH of whatevers you choose.
    This question is weird. I'd like to answer it.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Nah I didn't say it's for free. I'm just bleeding my already skinny wallet to treat you people. Yes I'm THAT nice... Nan Yi Zhi Xin!!!

Okay! Thanks for contributing. I shall now work non-stop to compile and review ALL those questions and contact ALL 11 interviewees. You are very welcome...
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

And to Interviewees: if you see a question you'd really like to answer, let me know (like Jaded).

Likewise please let me know of any question allergies so they can be avoided beforehand.

All qs are good.

That medical equipment - do instruments count? I have a list that I don't want to be - gloves, tongue depressors, speculums and any scopes.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    And to Interviewees: if you see a question you'd really like to answer, let me know (like Jaded).

Likewise please let me know of any question allergies so they can be avoided beforehand.
    I'd like to answer this question, expresso.

XX: Would you rather have someone feed you canned fish that tastes only bearable or catch your own fresh fish that tastes better? If you prefer to catch your own fish, how far are you willing to go to seek a river full of fish?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Okay noted.

Yittiy: If you had a choice of being any medical instrument, what would you be and why?

Carby: If you were a type of food that resembles you most, what would you be?

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Ren Ying Ying/S Beaver - Why are you so tall?

Sugar - Have you ever seriously thought about becoming a professional artist?

am i supposed to asnwers these nows? Lost
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Dear Sugar, I am sorting out the appropriate questions for you and other interviewees now.

I'll send you a PM with your set of questions later. You can decline any question or ask for a replacement then.

Default Interview with S Beaver/Ren Ying Ying

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present to you our first Interviewee, Winner of this round:

~~ S Beaver/Ren Ying Ying!!~~~ (sorry that's the closest I can find for a beaver)

1. What is your real-life occupation? What made you go into it? Was that your first choice, if not, what is?
    One entirely jobless student with a sh**load of debt.
    After my career as a wuxia hero ended at the age of 10, I suppose I had to search for a new goal in life. My next choice was to be a manga artist/cartoonist/animator, but that ended at 13. My swimming career ended at 18 and my gymnastics/boxing/acting/singing career never began.
    Thus, I am stuck with being a student. I suppose learning to kill people isn’t too bad.

2. What do you do for past-time, other than visiting spcnet?
    Sleep. Eat. Doodle. Sleep (in class—I know, every efficient use of my tuition money). Daydreaming. Dam-building? Impersonating animals?
    There’s not much that I do consistently. I tend to have a short attention span.
    As with many souls in spcnet, I watch some TV/series. But, along with my short attention span, I usually stop around the first few episodes. There are few series that can keep me entertained for long. Though, I wouldn’t mind looking at good looking boys and girls.
    At night, I work on my plans to take over the world.

3. Why did you join spcnet and what makes you stay? Over time, has anything changed (eg. change in impression of another member)?
    I suppose I initially I joined because of the Wuxia section. I had actually started off at another wuxia forum for its wuxia RPG. But since that forum kept dying every so often, I had to search for an alternative. Though, thinking back, I think I might have actually visited spcnet for information on serials back in ’00 or ’01 but never bothered to visit the forum.
    What made me stay? A need to procrastinate. Actually, I was never really an active spammer until this summer. I don’t frequent other forums, except to download music.
    Usually, I just get myself involved with “unsolved” debate. In the case of wuxia, there is really not much evidence available for constructive debate. Thus, I usually take on destructive route. That is, I don’t create arguments with evidence, but rather, I poke holes into other people’s arguments with counter evidence. It’s great for procrastination.
    I am certian I have changed impressions about members, but there has been so many changes that I no longer keep track of them all.

4. Your usernames: what does S stand for? Why beaver (and not sea otter) and why Ren Ying Ying? Do you share any of their characteristics?
    A beaver is a beaver. Would a cat call itself a dog? I don’t think so. So why would a beaver call itself a sea otter? But if you’re curious, I don’t have buck teeth. And if needed, please flush your head through the toilet with some Clorox.
    “S” stands for…*drumrolls*… “Strategic”! Obviously! Though, I’m thinking I should change it to “sexy” or “sinister”…
    The story goes, once upon a time, this little beaver and its family was forced to labor up and down the pool for hours. But this one was known for creating techniques to “give the appearance” of being hardworking and developed skills of “sneakily slacking off”. Thus, the little beaver was dubbed as being “strategic”.

Ren Ying Ying because the username was not taken (and I had recently finished Xiao Ao Jiang Hu/Smiling Proud Wanderer). The girl seemed to at least have a decently logical mind as compared to many of the other characters. She also wasn’t incredibly jealous like Wen Qingqing, not showy like Huang Rong, not a traitor to her family like Zhao Min, and not a statue like Xiao Long Nu, Wang Yuyan, and Princess Fragrance. Or perhaps her limited “novel time” allowed fewer chances to expose her annoying side. What I don’t see, does not exist

5. Have you met any spcnet member; if so, who are they? What was your first impression of them? Are their real life personalities similar to that online?

jadebunny9 and Ren Wo Xing. Bunny’s ears were not long and Rennie did not fashion a big beard. And contrary to popular belief, they were not psychopathic kidnappers…at least I have not found evidence yet. Anything further is beyond my power to share without violating the privacy of others. Plus, they’ve probably already given their share of the story.

6. Describe yourself. Do you think people perceive you in the same way? How well does your online personality reflect your personality in real life?
    Everyone has multiple personalities, whether in real life or online. For example, most people would treat their bosses or teachers differently from the way they treat their parents or friends. I suppose I am a bit more chatty with “strangers” online than I am with “strangers” in real life. I usually type as if I am speaking to friends instead of strangers. In real life, I am much less spontaneous with my responses with strangers because I know I cannot click the edit option. Also, there are certain subjects that I am more reserved about online (in forums) and certain subjects that I am more reserved about in real life.

7. Have you had your heart broken? How did you cope? Or were you the one breaking hearts?
    No. I am still alive. I have yet to perfect my 摧心掌 (Shattering Heart Palms), though.

8. Are you satisfied with your appearance? What do you consider your best physical feature? Least? Why are you so tall (for jadebunny: what did you eat)?
    I can use some improvements in appearance but I am not about to “plastic-nize” myself even if I had the monetary means. Best feature: ears. Worst feature: nails.
    To bunny: Beavers are taller than bunnies because beavers are genetically larger than bunnies. Just because both begin with “B” doesn’t mean they are genetically the same size. But if you insist, I had a large diet of fish.

9. If you were stranded on a deserted island for about a month or so, which 5 spcnet members will you want to be with, provided you can’t eat them?
    If you fit any of the roles, you may audition yourselves or you may nominate others. I will pick the final winners.
    The following positions are open:
    A civil engineer to construct me a place to live.
    A chef to do the cooking.
    A doctor in case I get sick.
    A singer to keep me entertained.
    A meteorologist to look out for incoming weather and storms.

10. If you had a choice to be any medical instrument, what would you be and why?
    Da Vinci Robot. Anything that has the name “Da Vinci” must be a awesome thing .

Fire follow-up questions/arrows at Beavie NOW!

Pandamao's interview coming up!!

I just realize I fit NONE of the positions! Not even the meteorologist cause I'm Zhou Yu not Kongming!

I agree on you totally on JY's girls! None of the female leads appeal to me... they just act like myguy is the whole world others-can-die-none-of-my-business! ARGH! Mere beautiful "live-and-die-for-men" dolls to further showcase how the male leads live out every man's dream! If all those male leads can keep on defying probability in the story, why must all the girls follow the !#(^$ backward tradition of ancient China! The best might be Huo Qingtong, but she lost to her annoying low-IQ sister!! Anyway, yeah that's just my humble opinion.

Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Lol yes, despite being a faithful student of SCIENCE in yesteryears, Beavie is now the new Queen of ARTS...

Lol yes, despite being a faithful student of SCIENCE in yesteryears, Beavie is now the new Queen of ARTS...
    my dear, my ARTS career ended at 13

Quote Originally Posted by expression
    I just realize I fit NONE of the positions! Not even the meteorologist cause I'm Zhou Yu not Kongming!
    wouldn't it be a GOOD thing not to be stranded on an island?
    i'm saving expressy some misery

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    thank you dr. solo. it is quite the honor. from now on, the "S" will stand for "Brain"
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

S for Brain? Who would have guessed?!

S for Brain? Who would have guessed?!
    S for Brain? Would that be 'Stupid' or 'Smart'?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Fire follow-up questions/arrows at Beavie NOW!

Pandamao's interview coming up!!
    I hope you find a nice panda icon like you did for beaver. Lol.

Thanks for doing this ..
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

speaking of which, where is pandie's interview, expressy dear?

S for Brain? Would that be 'Stupid' or 'Smart'?
    Brain=the Brain. Nothing more, nothing less
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!