Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: ROUND 2 Interview with Spcnet members

... um you mean... we had to LIE on this interview? OOPS!!
    Last edited by Sugar; 09-28-08 at 12:32 AM.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Actually, I was never really an active spammer until this summer.
    I sure hope I didn't catalyze this....

Strategic eh? Never thought of that. RYY is my new love. =D Smart, witty, uber nice, totally in debt, and just plain awesome. And she's pretty hot too. Anyone interested can line up right here. Pay your registration fees and I'll take you for an open house. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    ... um mean... we had to LIE on this interview? OOPS!!
    are you saying I lied, susu??? how dare you!

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9
    I sure hope I didn't catalyze this....
    no, you're one of the positive regulator that binds to the catalyzing enzyme.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9
    RYY is my new love. =D Smart, witty, uber nice, totally in debt, and just plain awesome. And she's pretty hot too.
    not to mention she actually decided to stay by her father's side instead of eloping with Linghu Chong! I think she was written in retribution of Zhao Min.
    Last edited by S Beaver; 09-28-08 at 12:25 AM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

... um mean... we had to LIE on this interview? OOPS!!
    haha ... that makes 2 of us ...
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

[QUOTE=S Beaver;844688]are you saying I lied, susu??? how dare you!

Well, i mean...... ur answers are like.... as if u said nothing at all :-p

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    haha ... that makes 2 of us ...

*hi fives*

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    that's because you already know too much

fine susu, which question(s) do you want me to elaborate on?
    I will give you satisfaction guaranteed or you may ask another questions
    Last edited by S Beaver; 09-28-08 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    no, you're one of the positive regulator that binds to the catalyzing enzyme.
    That really makes me feel a lot less guilty.

Not.

fine susu, which question(s) do you want me to elaborate on?
    I will give you satisfaction guaranteed or you may ask another questions

plftt w.e... i think we already close so i know other things that they don't :

i wanna read some more interviews from others ... hehe

plftt w.e... i think we already close so i know other things that they don't :
    is this blackmail?

speaking of which, where is pandie's interview, expressy dear?
    My dear, I thought I'd let you have the spotlight for a while before posting pandy's. In fact, I have a couple more that came in already. But I'll release them one by one. Each precious interviewee shall get the grand treatment!

*hi fives*
    In the end, it is up to the interviewee to decide how much s/he wants to open up. So, thank you for what you want to tell us!
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

is this blackmail?

no.. not exactly..... more like bragging rights

Default Interview with pandamao

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present to you our second interviewee:

Feisty pandamao!! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/expressionexp/ragingpanda-1.jpg')

1. Why are you interested in law? What characteristics do you think you possess to excel as a lawyer?

Maybe I can get some guidance/counseling/suggestions through this ... I actually never thought about law school since I always had the business in me. Recently I pondered upon this because my company offers 100% reimbursement on any sort of higher education. Since I already received my masters this summer, very few choices are left for me to select. I’m a decent writer and enjoy reading so perhaps law school wouldn’t be such a bad move. Honestly, I am doing this solely on the basis that it’s “free” and it will help my career focus – tax law. Should I do this for the sake of it being free?

2. What do you do for past-time, other than visiting spcnet?

Hmm. I’m an avid forum visitor, especially political ones. I enjoy reading others’ opinion on current events. As boring as it may sound, I’m really into reading news articles since it’s short and keeps me relatively focus. It’s a privilige to vote but too many of the voters today are influenced by the wrong individuals. I want to make sure I step into every election knowing what each candidate stood for.

As for a simple hobby, I love playing volleyball. I play the setter position, only because I’m so short.

3. Why did you join spcnet and what makes you stay? Over time, has anything changed (eg. change in impression of another member)?

I joined SPCnet because I’m a crazy TVB fan a couple of years ago and since then my account has been somewhat inactive. I visit ever so often when I want to send a shout out to Myolie Wu or Jessica Hsuan threads =). SPCnet has changed a lot since though. People are much older now and it’s a pretty mature crowd even though there are a few bad eggs. I did read in someone’s interview criticising the debate section of the forum and have to say I agree wholeheartedly. In the old days, it really was an intellectual exchange but now it is a mere question/answer section. I do hope people are more willing to share their constructive ideas and opinions.

4. Who is your favorite male and female spcnet member? Which member would you like to meet in real life? Not like to meet?

I don’t have a favorite in particular but there are a few individuals where I scroll to their name and have the dire urge to read their post. I pretty much voted for those individuals in round 1, so you can check out who they are.

No preference on who I want to meet maybe with the exception of Godiva and Bellamia. I’ve met Godiva from another forum and we have remained friends for 5+ years. Bellamia sounds like a real smart woman, so meeting her might help me learn a tad bit from her. It’s my goal to surround myself with smart people =)

5. Describe yourself. You seem like quite a feisty and passionate person online. Are you like this in real life?

Lol, I’m glad someone changed the word from rageful to fiesty even though I’m not sure if it made it any better. It’s true they say that your online personality is 10Xs what you are in person. I’m no exception from that. I’m a very fiesty and passionate person in real life as well, and people call me out on that – especially at work. I don’t succumb to others and at all times remain analytical of my surroundings. I’ve got into actual fights with people in China when they cut in line in and spit at a black kid that called me chink. Of course now, I learn to fight verbally. =)

6. What are your views on romance? What qualities do you look for in a guy?

Overrated by Hollywood/Bollywood/TVB. I don’t believe in true love. People come and go and everything is bound to change. There’s no point in setting qualities/standards on the opposite sex. All the guys I’ve liked all seem to fall short of what I originally perceived as “wanted traits.”

7. What are you most proud of in your life?

Learning Mandarin. Traveling abroad. In the future, I hope to be able to say, “I’m proud of my volunteer efforts.” Firm believer of “pass it on.” I do a good deed, and someone else will see it and do the same.

8. Are you satisfied with your appearance? What do you consider your best physical feature? Least?

Definitely not satisified with my appearance but I make the best of it. My best feature – probably my eyes + smile. Solely my eyes, they are uneven. Solely my smile – braces and thick lips but somehow the two of them together makes everything a little less unpleasant. I’m still working on my weight. I’m so unmotivated. =(

9. If you could pick only one book, movie, song, etc. to read or watch or listen for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Five people you meet in Heaven. I picked this book only because it’s a constant reminder for me. Things happen for a reason and have various impacts. It’s okay to make a mistake but don’t let the same mistake happen twice. This is THE BOOK to read.

10. If you are fated to be the defendant of a lawsuit, would you rather it is: a murder case, a polygamy case, a harassment case, or billion-dollar fraud? Why?

Good question, I would pick a billion-dollar fraud case. More and more people are investing these days, including people who are not knowledgeable of the stock market, and it’s unfair to have one group of individuals on their high-horse jeopardizing the results for a billion others. Enron, WorldCom, HealthSouth Med, Tyco and etc. are all prime examples of past fraud cases. Even though the recent events were not due to fraud, I do sincerely feel the banking crisis were a series of “risky behavioral moves” which led to their ultimate faith.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/expressionexp/panda.jpg')
    Last edited by expression; 09-29-08 at 10:57 AM.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Calling for comments/follow-up questions for panda!

Mine: Panda, sounds like you may enjoy journalism (on politics and legal affairs).

Coming up: Guo Xiang!

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    :
    6. What are your views on romance? What qualities do you look for in a guy?

Overrated by Hollywood/Bollywood/TVB. I don’t believe in true love. People come and go and everything is bound to change. There’s no point in setting qualities/standards on the opposite sex. All the guys I’ve liked all seem to fall short of what I originally perceived as “wanted traits.”
    This is an answer that I've noticed from several members, and it depresses me. Cmon guys be more optimistic! I don't mean unrealistically optimistic, but just try to look at the glass half full. Sure real life romance isn't like Hollywood movies, but romance is as you make it to be. If you expect failure, you will get failure.
    This account is retired.

Nice encouragement there Foxy.

Hmmm... Personally, I do believe in true love, but I also believe one must learn to love the existing people around oneself (YOURSELF, parents, siblings, friends...) before one can handle romance well. Unfortunately, most youngsters go the other way round: they yap about love love love and hurt everyone who has loved them all along (esp. family) for some bf/gf they've known for a month. Then they yap about how they got hurt by love, and sadden their family even more. Total BS that requires good spanking.

Another thing is how many (old or young) use romance as a medicine for loneliness. It does not work. In fact, loneliness morphs into insecurity that actually destroys relationships. So you often see a vicious cycle. People date, marry, divorce, then desperately go find another date, marry, divorce... I know people who sign on to online dating even before they divorce/end a messy relationship. And yes I get labeled as "abnormal" by these very people.

Then of course, when one loves and is loved by the existing people around oneself, one does not feel the pending need to actively search for love anymore. But when it comes, one will know how to appreciate and manage it well.

My 2 cents on ai.

I used to be pessimistic, until I realized that it totally sucked to be pessimistic/unhappy. So I instilled fake hope that I will find the right person. Whether that is true...who the heck knows, but at least it's better than the depressing view that I'll be alone or with someone and not happy/satisfied for the rest of my life. I'll give it until 10 more years to start feelnig that way.

Quote Originally Posted by pandie
    7. What are you most proud of in your life?

Learning Mandarin. Traveling abroad. In the future, I hope to be able to say, “I’m proud of my volunteer efforts.” Firm believer of “pass it on.” I do a good deed, and someone else will see it and do the same.
    So where have you gone for travelling aboard ?
    Have you been to sichuan to visit you "family"?
    Last edited by S Beaver; 09-28-08 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    This is an answer that I've noticed from several members, and it depresses me. Cmon guys be more optimistic! I don't mean unrealistically optimistic, but just try to look at the glass half full. Sure real life romance isn't like Hollywood movies, but romance is as you make it to be. If you expect failure, you will get failure.
    I didn't think my answer was that pessemistic. Perhaps I'll keep an eye out but being surrounded by broken families makes me wonder, "what makes me so special that it won't happen to me?"

To expression:

I agree with everything you said! =) But talking and doing is very hard for me ... I'll constantly question whether I have someone that whole heartedly loves me and his family and not just loving himself only.

To S beaver:

I'm pretty much done with China. I studied abroad in one of China's first MBA schools and pretty much spent my 6 months travelling all over. Oh, and I did see my fellow family member strapped up on a bamboo chair bleeding on his legs because some pk decided to capture him from his home to earn money from foreigners. I was furious! With my limited mandarin, I cussed the guy out for his greed!

Love is complicated, and really needs a lot of work to make it happen. When you are in a great relationship, it feels magical. But to keep that relationship going you have to work for it, and it's not just some fairy tale magic powder that somehow makes a relationship work. I don't know if anyone here watches the show Scrubs, but this quote pretty much is about one of the best descriptions of how a relationship works:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IINn0UatJPE
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.