Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: ROUND 2 Interview with Spcnet members

Cool, so you studied in China as an exchange student huh?

Yeah love is complicated. I'd say, just be happy in whatever state you happen to be in. When you are single, enjoy it. When you meet someone you like and who likes you also, go for it and enjoy it.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Default Interview with Guo Xiang Part 1

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present to you our third Interviewee:

Catty Guo Xiang!

1. What is your real-life occupation? What made you go into it? Was that your first choice, if not, what is?
    My profile says 'editorial assistant'. It's not the job that I really want but it is a way for me to gain experience in the media industry while getting paid instead of idling at home, allowing fungi to grow on me. >.>

I have few dream careers but maybe that's good because it'd mean I'm goal-oriented? My dream careers used to be an armed policewoman and tourguide... but they did not work out.

My current dream job is a scriptwriter. I see myself rescuing the local TV audience from lousy drama serial scripts in the future and for now, that's my aim.

2. What do you do for past-time, other than visiting spcnet?
    I'm a boring individual. It's simple, really. I used to eat for past-time but then I realised that I'm expanding sideways and that's a big 'no-no' for a young lady like me. So now I stress myself by failing to win videogames, or bore myself by winning videogames.

I also lurk in the internet, mostly to find something to read up on.

Sleeping used to be my past-time too... but I've gotten to the age when I can't sleep much anymore, so I've settled for nonstop daydreaming while lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling or out of the window.

I suspect I will have a hobby soon once I get myself a good camera... but god knows when that day would come. I've thought about learning to fish too... but I think the camera will probably come in 1579535784221665x faster.

For now, my favourite past-time is spamming Suet Seung's wall. My target is to fill her wall with one full page of my avatar that she's so scared of, and I'm happy to say I'm close to achieving my aim.

3. Why did you join spcnet and what makes you stay? Over time, has anything changed (eg. change in impression of another member)? Do you find a difference between spcnet and other forums you visit?
    I don't remember (I barely remember anything nowadays). But a forum has got to be interesting to make me stay so I guess it's because I found spcnet interesting.

My impression on certain members (both ex- and current) has changed but I won't name them. But usually I'm let down by my impression of them because they 'degraded'. I wonder if it's because I'm maturing faster than they were or did they really 'degrade'. There's only one member I could remember as truly 'degrading' (as in nothing to do with 'maturity') and I remember the sadness and disbelief I felt at that time. Yeah, maybe I'm taking things too seriously.

Spcnet is definitely different from other forums I frequent because this is one of the few forums I'm part of that are Asian-oriented and focused on TV and wuxia. I've joined some similar Asian-forums before but they never had the same pull. Other forums I joined are of different themes and tend to be American.

4. Describe yourself. Are you anything like your username Guo Xiang in real-life? What do you think about your nickname Shrimp Girl? Do you think it adequately describes you?
    How would you describe a cat? I'd leave that to each individual to answer on his/her own.

I'm afraid I have little in common with the novel's Guo Xiang because I'm a restrained person and not as sweet. I picked this username because I like the character and it's not taken.

As for 'Shrimp Girl'... hmm... I don't dislike it for sure, but I don't know what to think of it either. I'm simply 'all right' with it. What is a shrimp like, what does it stand for? Maybe I would be able to reply this better when I have the answers.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Default Interview with Guo Xiang Part 2

5. What is it that you really care about/can't live without? Who has the greatest influence on your character and values?
    My computer. I don't want to know how many hours of my life I've spent on the computer because it's going to be a scary count. Screw with my computer and you are a dead person. It's as simple as that.

My guardian and my family. My guardian and her family are especially important because a person's values have to be hammered in as a child and I think they did a good job nurturing me. They gave and taught me much and I'm sure the good values they imparted me will serve me well for the rest of my life.

6. Have you had your heart broken? How did you cope? Or were you the one breaking hearts?
    Breaking hearts can be fun. At least nobody has died.

7. Are you satisfied with your appearance? What do you consider your best physical feature? Least? Why are you so tall (for jadebunny: what did you eat)?
    Why not. What's there not to like about a cute and furry cat?

I'm not tall. My best friend has called me a 'shortie'. I wish to be at least 160cm.

8. Would you rather have someone feed you canned fish that tastes only bearable or catch your own fresh fish that tastes better? If you prefer to catch your own fish, how far are you willing to go to seek a river full of fish?
    I'm lazy so I will opt for canned fish, even if they tend to be boring food. And because I'm lazy, I will only go to the nearest river possible. I'm not too particular about food.

9. If you are a fruit/nut, what would you be? How about an animal?
    Apple is the only thing that comes to my mind so 'apple' will be it. And I'm already an animal. Or not?

10. If you were stranded on a deserted island for about a month or so, which 5 spcnet members will you want to be with, provided you can't eat them?
    Geez, what's the point if I can't eat them. Now because my choices have been narrowed down to an unbelievable point, I only have one candidate in my mind.

Bebe - She's my sandbag and will provide a good pelt should the weather turn cold.

Well, the rest... I will take whoever is a good hunter/huntress (with good wildlife knowledge) and entertainers. Then I won't have to lift a single finger.

Questions? Comments for XX?

Mine: Scriptwriting is a cool idea. Although I think scriptwriters for asian series are underpaid. That really is a major problem in asian tv productions; they overpay actors and underestimate the power of scriptwriters to make or break a series.

Ren Ying Ying and Guo Xiang always sounds like fraternal twins to me.

Next: Carbohydrate aka Sugar!!

Rescue the local tv audience? What's local for you?

I'm in love with American tv shows. A lot of them are well-made =)
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

The script plays a pivotal role.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    My current dream job is a scriptwriter. I see myself rescuing the local TV audience from lousy drama serial scripts in the future and for now, that's my aim.
    You know, maybe next time you should try the playwright format instead of monolouging...

anyways, any plans to script for a wuxia series at all?
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    Rescue the local tv audience? What's local for you?

I'm in love with American tv shows. A lot of them are well-made =)
    As in 'domestic'? Unless there's another definition for 'local' that I'm not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    You know, maybe next time you should try the playwright format instead of monolouging...

anyways, any plans to script for a wuxia series at all?
    It's not my fault I have to monologue!

I do have an unfinished wuxia novel hanging around in my computer... I may look at the possibility one day... should I truly get to become a scriptwriter.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 09-28-08 at 10:10 PM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

ARHHHG! I was tricked man! TRICKED!. I should have half arsed it is it too late to revoke ur asnwers?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

As in 'domestic'? Unless there's another definition for 'local' that I'm not aware of.

maybe one day, it'll return to a dialouge...or maybe trialouge, or mutlilouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    ARHHHG! I was tricked man! TRICKED!. I should have half arsed it is it too late to revoke ur asnwers?
    hey, i put a lot of thought into mine!

expressy, put sugar's interview on now before she revokes it!
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    maybe one day, it'll return to a dialouge...or maybe trialouge, or mutlilouge.

hey, i put a lot of thought into mine!

expressy, put sugar's interview on now before she revokes it!

I actually thought mine out i feel tricked!

w.e. I am pressed on time so if i want to edit it.. probably my interview would never be published. luckily.. the questions were generic so not alot has been uncovered
    Last edited by Sugar; 09-28-08 at 10:32 PM.

I do have an unfinished wuxia novel hanging around in my computer... I may look at the possibility one day... should I truly get to become a scriptwriter.
    I meant - what is local for you? My local is USA, are you also from US? I asked because I thought US had some of the best television shows in the world.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

When is Sugar's interview going to be up?
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    When is Sugar's interview going to be up?
    what's the rush for there miss crayon?

I rather hear you sing than read your type. Can we make sugar sing her interview replies?

Wow, I cannot believe someone actually remembered this.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    I meant - what is local for you? My local is USA, are you also from US? I asked because I thought US had some of the best television shows in the world.
    Singapore.

What's the backstory there?

Maybe that will be my after-interview question for sugar-babe.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I remember this too.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    I rather hear you sing than read your type. Can we make sugar sing her interview replies?
    I agree. I think Sugar should sing for us.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Default Interview with Sugar

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present to you our next Interviewee:

Sweet Sugar!

Before I start on the questions, I want to thank you (i guess), for all who voted for me. I am actually shocked that i was voted and I have no clue what to do, much to the frustration to expression. ( sorry dahling, u know i still love you) I never had this type of formal interview. Before you guys read my answer, please be warn that i am a BORING PERSON! SO grab a cup of coffee before you start reading. MUWAHUAHAU! *hides face from embarassment*

1. What is your real-life occupation? What made you go into it? Was that your first choice, if not, what is?
    I am currently a student in the East Coast trying to pass my courses at the moment. I am currently working for a degree in the health science course.

In my life, I had many dreams to be many different types of things. I love to cook. I love to loaf around. I love to watch series. I wanted to be a chef, but I guess the most important thing for me is to be able support myself. Loafing around isn't gonna last forever you know.

2. What do you do for past-time, other than visiting spcnet?

I am a LOAFER. I am actually very lazy by nature so I don't do much on my spare time. Lately, there is less sun up here, so I spend more time catching up on my Z's. I don't go clubbing or party as much as I should. You are more likely to find me on the internet on a Friday night then me in a bar. I like to go in the internet to catch up on entertainment news, watch the food network, try out new recipes, watch series, browse, spend money( when i am feeling down). I try to motivate myself to take up some of type of dance or aerobics.. but I always fail so miserably. IF i have any ounce of energy to learn something, I would try to learn languages. Most of the time, I try to study mandarin, cantonese, and more on vietnamese. Since vietnamese and chinese have so much in common, I find that learning chinese actually help me learn more vietnamese terms.

I love playing games. RPG's all the way. I recently been into my DS.. probably since it is portable and I can play while in class.hehe. I do mangas more lately.. and haven't found the push to watch animes.

oh, i like to day dream as well.tihihi

3. You are considered a veteran member. Why did you join spcnet and what makes you stay? Over time, has anything changed (eg. change in impression of another member)? Any special spcnet incident you’d like to share with newer members?

I became a member around 2002. and wow, how has time fly. I think I have been through spc's makeover a couple of time. This was actually the second forum I ever joined in my life.. but I guess Game faq's forum didn't count. ( I just look for the cheat codes). I have been a faithful member at spcnet. Even though I had some hiatus here and there to do certain reasons, I still love spcnet forum the most. I think i log onto the forum, every hour or whenever I have access to internet. I do visist other forums, but, Spcnet still have the best set of memebers. I am proud to say, that this forum doesn't have alot of freaky fans. You guys are more down to earth, more intellectual, and could get some reason in. The maturity level is much better here. I know that some think that spcnet is a small forum compared to others, but I find that there is a sense of community here at times. I guess I might have no life amongts all of you. I have seen memebers come and go.. and some members who I consider friends, have been busy with their real life and not sign back on. There were alot of interesting people back then who don't log on anymore. Kind of a shame.

I think probably the most action on spcnet was years ago. There used to be a general talk thread back then.. and lots of people went crazy. There was once an member auction, a "couple's thread", matchmaking, we have more drama. There was a time where we had split loyaties to forum leaders and created our own forum, myspace group, or w.e. The good old days. Probably since i am a veteran member, I feel like a granny at this forum at times T.T. Not much action anymore from me.

4. Name 5 of your all-time favorite members. Who have you met in real life, and what are they like?
    I honestly never want to pick favs... so the ones i am gona list are just ppl who i want to embarass :-D

Anzdude, wherever you are or whatever you are doing, probably getting yourself in trouble hehe, is a pretty interesting person to talk to. If you notice his post, there is some intelligence in it ,whether it is from him being sober or not... Talked on the phone, IM, missed opportunitues to meet up with him.. but he is an interesting person to talk to. We have common views on things, and diff views on other things. I swear, he is girlier than I am.hahaha

MOINELION- HE is a really sweet guy, He doesn't log on as much anymore, . He drained my cell phone battery, and drained my minutes alot . He was sweet guy to talk to.

PEMBI- prob the most neutral ( maybe laziest behind Orange) as a mod. kekeke. We are SHinhwa fans.. and I actualy met her in real life. SHe is actually a very bubbly person who giggles everytime she finishes a sentence. Did you guys know that i had the opportunity to hold her panties in my hand? *wink*. She tried to take advantage of me and get me drunk by buying me shots...heh

and lastly... even if she doesn't log on as often anymore and she is busy with her life.....

it is CHEEK. I never met her in person, but of course talked on the phone, email, IM's. Till this day, I considered her as my "jie jie", always and forever. She and I have know each other for almost 6 years. She's been what a good sister have done. She does have spunk to her and she did made some interesting threads. PLEASE COME BACK!

5. Many of us here are overseas Asians and thus have a bit of a bicultural identity. Do you fit this description? Which part of your identity do you identify more with? How has being Asian impacted your life?

You know, I just don't get it. Maybe, I am pretty lucky to be raised in an environment where I am not pressured to be more like a culture over the other. I had to do papers on the asian america identity crisis alot in the past, and I just can't connect with some of the problems the asian american girl had to face. I honestly feel it is more of a self concious thing that the girls want to fit in and be popular amongts their peers. I was raised in a predominanty white enviroment so of course they always referred to me as an immigrant rather than an american citizen. It never really bothered me since I felt that it was funny how ignorant some people can be in life.

I am a first generation in the US but I am exposed to my parent's heritage and cultural. I listen to Asian music, watch series, asian movies, as well as watching american tv shows and listening to music. I eat all type of ethnic foods. I probably would identify myself as someone in the middle. If you say I am americanized, I am not. I don't follow all what the americans like to do. ( I dont' threaten to sue for having hair in my bagel). I don't follow the stricter vietnamese culture ( Do not follow mom and cook dinner every night).

I don't find being asian a burden. I dont' face any identity crisis. I mostly know myself and what I am capable of. I know what I dont like and who I am not as a person. Maxine Hong Kingston said that the ability to assimiliate two cultures is more admirable than to choose one over another.. ( ARGHH, i forgot, I did that paper ALONG TIME AGO, but something along that line)

6. Have you had your heart broken? How did you cope? Or were you the one breaking hearts?

Heartbreaks? It is probably story of my life *laughs*. It is a never ending cycle of unrequited feelings so unfortunately i don't have the opportunity to break anyone's heart. I don't really have any luck on relationship as I hope for. OF course, that does make me doubt my self at times but I guess at this point in my life,we have to understand that relationship isn't everything. I supposed it is a lonely feeling at times when you are by yourself, but I have to remember that i still have a very loving family and somethings to work for. I am blessed with parents who would do everything for me and other family members who support me. After having to lose a family member some weeks ago due to cancer, I think we all shouldn't look what is missing in our life all the time but be blessed at what we have in front of us. The family member struggled to her final breath to live on and seeing how much she struggled to live on, I don't think i have the right to sit around and mope for not being in a relationship.
    If we swallow ourselves in pity all the time, nothing is gonna change. If we can't make ourselves happier, then probably no one can. Instead of spending 365 days being down on a broken heart, I try to do other things to keep myself happy.( I think Nnadia's character said the same thing in TVB In the Realm of Success) I guess that is how I cope. ^o~

7. You are the renowned Nightingale on Spcnet Idol. Have you received any vocal training? Have you participated in any singing contest before? Have you ever seriously considered becoming a professional artist?

First of all, I would like to thank all who gave me the "Nightingale" nickname at spcnet. I honestly do not think my voice is up to par compared to artists but if it could brings some smiles to the spcnet members out there, I couldn't hope for anything more from my voice. I do have some music background but it was more on playing some instruments (piano and flute). Yes, I am the typical asian kid in elementary school whose parent made to take piano and join the band. Needless to say, the piano is collecting dust while the flute is buried under my clothes in the closet =p. In terms of any vocal training, I had none nor have I ever participated in anying singing contest. I honestly sing the most in the shower or while i am cooking. I don't go for karaoke or sing alot of people. So I guess, maybe singing at the spcnet idol was better for me. I don't have to look at a big crowd when I sing . HAHA!

I do listen to music alot and sometimes i would daydream about being a professional artist like all those divas out there, ( and no, I don't consider Boa, Avril,Twins, Jolin, LYF as divas. ) But I have to be practical about life sometimes. I really do not possess that voice like Celine Dion, WHitney, Mariah, Leona, Charice, so I never considered to be a professional artist. Maybe singing with friends or to get rid of some boredom is the most I would get with my singing capabilities. keke

8. Are you satisfied with your appearance? What do you consider your best physical feature? Least?

HONEY, I am a WOMAN. WOMEN are NEVER satisfied with their looks. IF they say they do, they lied =p. I guess i was born a little disproportionate. My body is more manly compared to atypical asian person.. and the sad part is my friends are mostly asians. They are either size 0's, 23 inch waist, thin, light skin, smaller shoulders, small butts. *Sigh*. I am still too lazy to run that treadmill as well as I keep gulping that delicious Tres Leche cheesecake slice from the cheesecake factory. I want to be taller with better legs and arms.

I guess the most redeeming feature about me is boobs? haha. Actually, the things i am most proud of are my eyes and my mouth. I like my double eye lids and my smile. I think i look best when I smile. I guess I can never be the cold looking models because I look so weird with a straight face . Some models make it look so hot. ^^;

9. If there was a movie based on your life, which Asian actress would you want to see play your part? What specific characteristics would you like to see portrayed?

I would love Ady An yi Xuan because she seem so spunky in real life, but she is SOOOOOO Skinny. If my family watched her playing me, they would probably believe it is about another person. ^^;;. It is kind of hard for me to imagine which actress right now because I don't think i am on par with those actress. But for one thing, the actress who plays me, shouldn't be a drop dead gorgeous actress. She should have her own charisma and her own way of presenting herself to the world. She should have a quirky side to her, spunk, non demure personality, strong willed, Simple yet sophisticated, more than meets the eye.

10. If you were a type of food, what would you be? A musical instrument?
    ..... A CHEESECAKE! SUPRISED?

actually, no, I wouldn't be a cheesecake. I consider myself like a marmalade; sweet but with bitter streak. ( just like the manga) I am not the sweetest person (ironic with my forum name eh).. and maybe an acquired taste. Probably some people would find me mean in real life. who knows?

or, at times, I can be Lindts Dark Chocolate. I love dark chocolate the best. What can I say,bitter chocolate for a bitter person. I think I am sophistated and not overly sweet. OH! More sensual if handled correctly . hehehe...

Default On interview responses

As a reader, I'd much prefer reading an interview with some genuine answers, as interviewees in round 1 has gracefully done. I already know how smart people are by reading their regular posts, so in the interviews I'd like to know more about the person behind the clever words.

Quoting our favorite Kay:
    is there a rule that the answers can't be bullsh*tted? you can half **** it but still gotta have some truth in it sorta thing?
    That said, there is no rule really, and no obligations from the Interviewees. We are already thankful that they spend their precious time to typing up their responses, and we shall be amused and touched by whatever they decide to tell us.

So, a round applause to ALL INTERVIEWEES!!! Thanks for sharing!