Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: ROUND 2 Interview with Spcnet members

Alright! Follow-up questions or comments for Sugar or other Interviewees?

Mine:
    Wow! So many fellow daydreamers around! That used to be my favorite past-time... until I started to actually fall asleep all the time hehe...

Next: Jaded WenEr!!
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

and lastly... even if she doesn't log on as often anymore and she is busy with her life.....

it is CHEEK. I never met her in person, but of course talked on the phone, email, IM's. Till this day, I considered her as my "jie jie", always and forever. She and I have know each other for almost 6 years. She's been what a good sister have done. She does have spunk to her and she did made some interesting threads. PLEASE COME BACK!
    I'm still in touch with her. I'll let her know that you miss her and maybe get her to log on if possible.

And dark chocolate is awesome!

The interviews so far have been good reads. Judge E, you have a way about you.
    玉木宏

blog

Thanks junny, always supportive.

CHEEK baby! Oh my! Pleeease let her know that I missed her too!
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Heyhey susu, here's my after-interview question!

What's the backstory of 'Miss Crayon'?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I never knew cheek is a woman.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Sugar, sorry to hear about your family member. But I'm sure she's proud of you for living strong.

I <3 Lindt too! Especially the Hazelnut flavor!

Sugar, what is your ethnicity? I thought you were Chinese but you mentioned Vietnamese in your interview and then learning both languages so now I'm confused

Even though I don't know Chinese, I thoroughly enjoyed your singing and interview. Your mentioning of the General and RS forums brought back some memories but I guess I missed the drama 'cause I went away for a few days and when I came back, it was closed. Anyhoo, Spcnet is still awesome without those forums and you're right, the members here more intellectual and down-to-earth
    "What is meant to be will always be."

Default Re: On interview responses

A number of people have expressed their views following my post on interviews.
    That post was made in response to Sugar's doubts about her interview response. In addition, that reference to round 1 was only because it is complete (all 10 interviews). It does not mean they are superior than round 2 (still ongoing).

I'd like to re-emphasize that there are really NO RULES as to how an interview should be done.

As host, I feel obliged to encourage Interviewees to speak their heart's desire, whatever that might be.

As fellow reader, I have truly enjoyed reading every single interview so far, and I think we all agree that each interview is great in its own right.

As a past interviewee, I have personally viewed the interview as a once-in-a-lifetime solo show - for once I am in the spotlight, and I can say anything to the whole Spcnet. It is up to me to decide what to tell, and that will affect how I shall be viewed.

So, go ahead and make your Personal Statement! Do not be afraid, whatever you decide to tell us, know this:
    It shall not go unappreciated

Expression
    Last edited by expression; 09-29-08 at 11:47 AM.

Default Interview with Jaded WenEr

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present to you our next Interviewee:

Jaded WenEr!!

1. What is your real-life occupation? What made you go into it? Was that your first choice, if not, what is?

- My real-life occupation currently is a research lab coordinator. Basically, I help a professor with running the lab. I manage everything from administrative to research testing in the lab. I love it. The people in my lab are wonderful, and I really enjoy my work, since it's very interesting and fun. This position is not permanent, since I do wish to go on to graduate school later on.
    Doing research is my first choice for a realistic occupation. I started doing research in my second year and absolutely got hooked on it. Research allows me to be creative, do the things I really want, and has a very flexible schedule. It gives me the freedom and independence I like in a career. Also, with research, you're always doing something new and it's amazing.
    My fantasy career is to be a rock musician. But the thing is, I don't have enough motivation to do that, as well as the courage needed. In the end, music will remain a great hobby of mine.

2. What do you do for past-time, other than visiting spcnet?

- I enjoy listening to and making music. I like cooking and baking a lot as well. I also like to read, surf the Internet, do psychology related things, and travel. Also, I really enjoy spending time with my boyfriend, my family, and my friends though I don't really count that as a past-time.

3. Why did you join spcnet and what makes you stay? Over time, has anything changed (eg. change in impression of another member)?

- I initially joined SPCNet after I found Moin's Lu XiaoFeng translations. I stayed because at that time, the forum seemed pretty fun, and the people are really nice. I came right before the removal of the general chat and relationship forum, so there were definitely big changes. The forum seems more serious now than before, but it's still a friendly place to be. Other than that, nothing much has really changed.

4. Many of us here are overseas Asians and thus have a bit of a bicultural identity. Do you fit this description? Which part of your identity do you identify more with? How has being Asian impacted your life?

- The thing with me is that, when I describe myself, my race or ethnicity isn't at the top of the descriptions. I left China when I was seven and have actually never gone back except for once. But my family encouraged me learning about Chinese culture and the language, so I always maintained my ethnicity. At the same time, I spent a significant amount of time both in Europe and in North America, and I got very accustomed to the cultures here. I guess I blend in pretty well with both communities. I like to maintain my Chinese ethnicity, but at the same time also be accustomed to the North American society.

If I had to choose, I probably would identify myself more as Canadian with a Chinese background, simply because I left China for way too long to be truly influenced by the current Chinese culture.

Being Asian in my case has been pretty neat. Being able to speak and read Chinese fluently really helped with getting good research positions, and it's a very useful trait to have.

5. What is it that you really care about/can't live without? Do you have any values/beliefs that you firmly subscribe to?

- I really care about my boyfriend and my family. I don't think I can live without any of them. My boyfriend is such an important pillar of support and love in my life, that I don't think I'd be able to get to where I am without his love and care. My family has sacrificed so much for me to be here, and my dad is the wisest person I know. They are definitely very important people for me.

As for values and beliefs, well, I have my own set of moral values that I believe in. Some main things I believe in are respect and tolerance for your fellow human beings (and other living things). For me, being open-minded to other people is very important. As well, I do believe in the concept of judge not lest ye be judged (even though sometimes it is hard to follow this), since you never know what a person's experience really is. The most important thing that I believe in is love. People should all show more love for the people and things around them. If everyone just gave a little more love and compassion, then the world would become a better place.

6. What would happen if one day there was no more music to be heard in this world? How would you be affected?

- To me, that would be a really sad day. Music is something that is very important to me, and frankly, I think I'd go crazy if I can't ever listen to music again.

7. What are your views on romance? What do you look for in your significant half?

- Romance to me should have love, care, consideration, trust, honesty, and passion. As well, romance is something that involves two people. It's important for both partners in a relationship to be romantic, and you should not only expect one of them to be the romantic one. Give and receive, not just receive.

I have already found my significant half, so I suppose everything about him is what I look for: someone who can make me happy, someone who loves and cares for me, someone I can trust, someone I can tell anything to, someone I can see myself grow old and have children with, someone who I can always enjoy being together with and so on.

8. Choose a year and date to be born based on both the chinese & western zodiacs that fits you the best. Why?

- I think if I am able to choose my zodiac, I'd want to be born on September 30, 1991, making me a Sheep and Libra. Sheep because apparently some of its characteristics are righteous, sincere, sympathetic, mild-mannered, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, compassionate, understanding, mothering, determined, peaceful, generous, and seeks security. Those traits do match me pretty well. Libra because it is described as diplomatic/compromising, cooperative, fair, idealistic (in relationships), charming, easy-going/sociable, peace loving, elegant/graceful, artistic, gentle, Sensitive to others, kind, cheerful, romantic, and loyal in marriage. These again, I feel match me more than the other horoscopes.

9. Describe your fashion sense. What is the most expensive clothing/accessory you’ve ever bought?

- I don't have a set fashion sense, as I wear everything from jeans and sweater to short skirt and tank top. My fashion sense is really, put together the first things I find from my closet that are comfortable and cute. I like to look cute when I dress, though occasionally, I do want to dress in more punk ways.The most expensive thing I ever bought were shoes ($80). I don't spend a lot of money on clothing and accessories, because when I shop, the most important things for me is comfort and whether the item looks good on me. I'm one of those people who believes that if something looks good on you, then it doesn't matter if it's expensive or cheap. I basically buy whatever I think looks good on me and makes me look cute. Brand names do not matter much to me, so I'm usually happy with something nice and cheap. If I do see something expensive that I like, I would buy it. But so far, I haven't found anywhere here that sells Vivienne Westwood stuff.

10. If you had to choose between losing function of BOTH your legs, your arms, or your ears, what would you pick? Why?

- I'd pick neither haha.

But, if I really had to choose, and I assume that by losing function, I don't need to actually lose those body parts themselves, I think I would give up the function of my ears in this case. My legs and arms are just too important for daily functions to give up. As well, if I lose function of my ears, I can always get cochlear implants. But prosthetic arms and legs won't work as well for me.
    Last edited by expression; 09-30-08 at 08:52 AM.

Calling for follow-up questions or comments for Sugar and Jaded WenEr!!

Being able to speak and read Chinese fluently really helped with getting good research positions, and it's a very useful trait to have.
    Is that true? Perhaps it's the field?

Coming up: FlyingFox!!

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    I'm still in touch with her. I'll let her know that you miss her and maybe get her to log on if possible.

And dark chocolate is awesome!

The interviews so far have been good reads. Judge E, you have a way about you.

thanks I like dark and the 70 % one they have,

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Thanks junny, always supportive.

CHEEK baby! Oh my! Pleeease let her know that I missed her too!
    she got to come back and start posting

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Heyhey susu, here's my after-interview question!

What's the backstory of 'Miss Crayon'?
    erm.. again, maybe i been around spcnet for a long time. I remeber Jade having some obsession with crayons.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Sugar, sorry to hear about your family member. But I'm sure she's proud of you for living strong.

I <3 Lindt too! Especially the Hazelnut flavor!
    oo.hazelnut... *Drools*
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Sugar, what is your ethnicity? I thought you were Chinese but you mentioned Vietnamese in your interview and then learning both languages so now I'm confused

Even though I don't know Chinese, I thoroughly enjoyed your singing and interview. Your mentioning of the General and RS forums brought back some memories but I guess I missed the drama 'cause I went away for a few days and when I came back, it was closed. Anyhoo, Spcnet is still awesome without those forums and you're right, the members here more intellectual and down-to-earth

ermmm 1/12 chinese? or was it 1/8? :-p
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

which side of your family is chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I like to go in the internet to catch up on entertainment news, watch the food network, try out new recipes, watch series, browse, spend money( when i am feeling down).
    aww, sugar even make a thank you speech. as expected from someone as sweet as sugar.

and you cook! can I buy you in a box?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr
    My fantasy career is to be a rock musician. But the thing is, I don't have enough motivation to do that, as well as the courage needed. In the end, music will remain a great hobby of mine.
    What instruments do you play? Have you ever formed a recreational band before?
    Last edited by S Beaver; 09-29-08 at 01:45 PM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

I am looking forward to yittzie bear's interview.

Because I asked him a question
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    which side of your family is chinese?

aww, sugar even make a thank you speech. as expected from someone as sweet as sugar.

and you cook! can I buy you in a box?

Father's side. which is why my last name ain't TRan/NGuyen :

and yes, cheesecakes usually come in a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Father's side. which is why my last name ain't TRan/NGuyen :

and yes, cheesecakes usually come in a box.
    wait, do you mean your father's side by original nationality or ethnicity?
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Ooh! I too remember some crayon thing with Jaded!!

Dr. Y comes after Foxy. But after that, I have no more in stock.
    So hopefully CC, 0-0-0, Ghostie and ChanceEncounter will send in their interviews soon.

In order to get buy-in from CC, it helps to incorporate some SWORD GOD references in the questions
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Hmmm... I did include HYS' question on the future of wuxia forum/discussion/literature, and the question on his partnership with you on Zhuo Bufan...

But the key is make sure he actually is aware of the interview. I did PM him, no reply yet. So PJ, since you are pals with him, maybe you can remind him?

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    wait, do you mean your father's side by original nationality or ethnicity?

where were YOU when the interviews question were being asked? I think i revealed enough about myself now

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    thanks I like dark and the 70 % one they have,
    I haven't had Lindt for a long time now. But I loved it when they had cognac and irish coffee filling in their chocs. I rarely see those around anymore.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chocolat.com/ProductImages/lindt/LindtCognac_X.jpg')
    玉木宏

blog