Thread: Mosquito bites!

Default Mosquito bites!

I've been apply an anti-itch creme, containing 1% hydrocortisone, to treat mosquito bites. So far after 2 days of application, the bites have turned redder, and the ichiness hasn't gone away.

Am I using the right product?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

You might be allergic to something in the cream. Usually these creams will say something like discontinuing use and going see a doctor if conditions get worse. I would go to the doctor and bring along the cream with me.

Sensei, you may want to keep the bites clean so as not to let it get contact with dirt. Clean it with water when you can. It gets redder perhaps it's due the wound being opened and got contact with dirt which is not visible to the eyes?

Ceddie the MIB is here. Mosquite Invincible Buster
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I've been apply an anti-itch creme, containing 1% hydrocortisone, to treat mosquito bites. So far after 2 days of application, the bites have turned redder, and the itchiness hasn't gone away.

Am I using the right product?
    I use a 0.5% and it seems to work. I'm glad we don't have Black Flies [they're quite small] in Southern Alberta since for me, their bite is far worse for itching and swelling. I've had run-ins with them in Northern Alberta and Ontario and they drive me nuts. The bite has a burning sensation when it occurs and the itching and selling starts shortly after. Then there are Horse Flies which remove a chunk of skin when they bite!