Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Child Zhang Wuji or adult Zhang Wuji?

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    In all honesty, I think his hand went through a rough exercise prior to Snake Island. With that, he still couldn't decide?
    There was no time to decide anything: the Snake Island affair was like a continuous whirlwind of crises: first, out of nowhere, Cheung Mo Gei was reunited with his adopted father (Tse Tsun) after something like fifteen years. Before they even got the chance to catch up, they were off to rescue Granny Golden Flower from the Persians. That ended in the most unexpected way when Siu Chiu was declared the new leader of the Persian Ming Cult and left China forever (as far as we know). Right after that, Chow Chi Yerk drugged the group, murdered Yan Lei, and forced Chiu Mun to leave the island.

When, in the midst of all that activity, was there even time to contemplate relationships, let alone decide among them? Almost before he knew what was going on, Cheung Mo Gei was left with just Chow Chi Yerk (by her design, of course).

Priorities, people. Priorities.

Yeah pandamao, our world would be a much better place if men could simply decide to marry women they get a chubby for.

How old are you, 12?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Hey - isn't attraction first and everything else secondary in the real world?

I'm simply saying, there were plenty of opportunities for him to reject these girls. His adult form was very "po ma" unlike his childhood where he was a bit more straight forward on his needs and wants.

I hate a guy that can't make up his mind. From a girl's perspective, ZMJ led ZZR on until she captured ZM and asked ZMJ who would he have picked.

I find that a bit ... um late?

And - I quite frankly don't understand the male brain. If there's a spark, give it a try. If it didn't work, let her move on so he can move on too.

When ZMJ saved ZZR from ZM, ZMJ should have told XC - "hey I obviously dig this chick more than you ... sorry." instead he reaped on her innocence and lead her into thinking, "i can stay with ZMJ and take care of him forever, despite all the girls that he encounters" which wasn't the case. ZMJ obviously never wanted to share himself with multiple girls. He wanted to follow his father's way and just find that one true love.

Zhu Er - she was delusional, I won't blame ZMJ on this one.

ZZR - when she pretty much forced him into marriage, he still didn't fess up? That's a coward right there.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

Hey - isn't attraction first and everything else secondary in the real world?

I'm simply saying, there were plenty of opportunities for him to reject these girls. His adult form was very "po ma" unlike his childhood where he was a bit more straight forward on his needs and wants.

I hate a guy that can't make up his mind. From a girl's perspective, ZMJ led ZZR on until she captured ZM and asked ZMJ who would he have picked.

I find that a bit ... um late?

And - I quite frankly don't understand the male brain. If there's a spark, give it a try. If it didn't work, let her move on so he can move on too.

When ZMJ saved ZZR from ZM, ZMJ should have told XC - "hey I obviously dig this chick more than you ... sorry." instead he reaped on her innocence and lead her into thinking, "i can stay with ZMJ and take care of him forever, despite all the girls that he encounters" which wasn't the case. ZMJ obviously never wanted to share himself with multiple girls. He wanted to follow his father's way and just find that one true love.

Zhu Er - she was delusional, I won't blame ZMJ on this one.

ZZR - when she pretty much forced him into marriage, he still didn't fess up? That's a coward right there.
    There's a lot of tortured "logic" going on here.

On the one hand, you're criticizing Cheung Mo Gei for not wanting "to share himself with multiple girls," "follow[ing] his father's way" and "find[ing] that one true love."

On the other hand, you're also criticizing Cheung Mo Gei for "leading on" these four young women.

It makes no sense to criticize him both ways...unless your mind is already made up that he's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't.

Moreover, you still haven't convinced me that he led anybody on, unless simply being friendly, kind, and generous is "leading someone on." If those other young women were taking his simple kindnesses and building an entire fantasy of intimacy out of that, then the fault is theirs, not his.

If every act of kindness and friendliness were to be taken as an act of "leading on," I'd have a list of hundreds of young women who "owe" me an intimate relationship.

It just doesn't work that way...not in wuxia, and certainly not in reality.

alright fine. his act of kindness, in my mind, was leading the girls on. ::: twirls thumb::: Hey, he shouldn't be so nice!!!!

um - yeah - i think i figured my problem now.

:::: erasing all her post ::::

i still hate him. and i still think the girls sort of lead themselves on now ... but i still hate him.

alright fine. his act of kindness, in my mind, was leading the girls on. ::: twirls thumb::: Hey, he shouldn't be so nice!!!!

um - yeah - i think i figured my problem now.

:::: erasing all her post ::::

i still hate him. and i still think the girls sort of lead themselves on now ... but i still hate him.
    That's fine. I don't begrudge you your right to hate him...just make sure the reasons you give for doing so actually work.

again - i would throw the responsibility on zmj for not straightening out the girl for leading him on .....

maybe not. i'm 15/16. i dislike zmj greatly on his handling of relationships even if the girls somewhat lead themselves on by his act of kindness.

men should know, there's a boundary and unless they want more, they should keep their distance. this is something i will stand firm on.

You're having a girl chubby for ZWJ, my dear.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

again - i would throw the responsibility on zmj for not straightening out the girl for leading him on .....
    Here is what I think Cheung Mo Gei had going on in his head when he agreed to marry Chow Chi Yerk: Yan Lei was dead. Siu Chiu had gone to Persia and he would never be able to see her again. Chiu Mun (as far as Cheung Mo Gei knew) had betrayed him, murdered Yan Lei (again, as far as he knew), and had stolen the Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre for Damo knows what purpose. Even if Cheung Mo Gei did see Chiu Mun again, he was obliged to treat her as an enemy, no matter how reluctant he was to do that.

So what's he left with? Chow Chi Yerk. Well, he *did* like her, although he'd never had an inclination to become intimate with her. But with all the other girls effectively removed from the equation through circumstances completely beyond his control...why not, right?

It wasn't until much, much later that Cheung Mo Gei realized that Chiu Mun had *not* betrayed him, murdered Yan Lei, etc. When all that became clear, was there any doubt left in his mind?

And even then, the guy was good enough to regret what had happened to Chow Chi Yerk, even though it was *all* her own fault.

Cheung Mo Gei showed Chow Chi Yerk more grace than most people would have in his position; she deserved to *die* for all that she had done.

i'm 15/16.
    That explains a lot.

men should know, there's a boundary and unless they want more, they should keep their distance. this is something i will stand firm on.
    You can believe that if you want, but if you think reality will be accommodating to such a viewpoint, you're in for a great deal of disappointment.