Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [drama 2008][upcoming] The World They Live In 그들이 사는 세상, [KBS2]

Lightbulb [drama 2008][upcoming] The World They Live In 그들이 사는 세상, [KBS2]

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u35/urikkayo/b4e6753b5087a5edd37d3ca641.jpg')

PD: Pyo Min-soo 표민수 (In-Soon Is Pretty, Which Star Are You From?, Full House, Solitude, Lie)

SCRIPT: Noh Hee-kyung 노희경 (Goodbye Solo, More Beautiful Than A Flower, Solitude, Did We Really Love, Lie)

CAST:
    hyun bin= (Snow Queen, My Name Is Kim Sam-soon, Ireland; A Millionaire's First Love)
    song hye kyo= (Full House, Sunlight Pours Down, All In, Guardian Angel, Hotelier, Autumn's Tale; Hwang Jin-yi, My Girl & I)
    Bae Jong-ok 배종옥 (Heavenly Beauty Park Jung-geum, My Man's Woman, Goodbye Solo, Beating Heart, More Beautiful Than A Flower, Lie)

BROADCAST STATION: KBS 2TV

EPISODES:

START: ~November 2008

BROADCAST TIME: Monday & Tuesday @ 9:55 PM (Korea Time)

GENRE: romance,drama

OFFICIAL WEBSITES
    tbd

Synopsis & Info

Hyun Bin & Song Hye-kyo to Star in New KBS Drama "The World They Live In"

[Seoul=Yonhap] On the 6th, production company YEG announced that Hyun Bin and Song Hye-kyo will lead KBS 2TV's Monday/Tuesday drama "The World They Live In" this November. They will play drama PDs.

Song Hye-kyo will work with PD Pyo Min-soo again, their last collaboration was "Full House" from 4 years ago. In this drama, she will play Joo Joon-young (주준영) who is direct and confident; she will show viewers the matured attractiveness/charm of a career woman.

Hyun Bin will also return from a 2-year hiatus; his last TV appearance was KBS 2TV drama "Snow Queen". He will play drama PD Jung Ji-oh (정지오); he will show viewers a tender yet strong charisma.

Using television as its backdrop, this drama will depict the process of television drama production. Writer Noh Hee-Kyung will be working with PD Pyo Min-soo again, they are the team behind "Lie 거짓말" (1998, KBS), "Foolish Love 바보같은사랑" (1999, KBS 2TV), and "Solitude 고독" (2002, KBS 2TV).

credits: soompi forums

Last edited by sunbin4lyf; 09-19-08 at 07:01 AM.
    OPPA BINNIE NOONA SUN-AH
    whoever provokes me..ill mix him with egg..fry it & eat it!!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Thanx for putting up thread for this drama. I also anticipate this drama. If you have more pix, please post it here

Can't wait to see the chemistry between Hyun-Bin and SHG
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 09-20-08 at 04:24 AM.

i hope that's not the hair he's keeping in the show. it does not look very flattering--at least not in the picture.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    i hope that's not the hair he's keeping in the show. it does not look very flattering--at least not in the picture.
    He had worse hair in Snow Queen.

I am not looking forward to this drama. Song Hye Kyo can't act. Couldn't they have found a more versatile actress?
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post

I am not looking forward to this drama. Song Hye Kyo can't act. Couldn't they have found a more versatile actress?
    it wasn't so bad when he "fixed" it up sometimes, though.

at least his hair doesn't look so bad in the wiki drama page for this drama.

Her beauty is enough to replace that .
    I think she can certainly act, except she's not the best .. obviously.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

LOL, the hair is supposed to be bad like that. His character is not the same like the suave looking one as in KSS.

Why don't you try yourself, drop out of school and live in a boxing-gym, doing cleaning for ten years and eat ramen day and night

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    Her beauty is enough to replace that .
    I think she can certainly act, except she's not the best .. obviously.
    Her beauty can only go so far and her non-acting is painfully obvious. What progress has she made since Autumn in my heart? Almost zilch.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    LOL, the hair is supposed to be bad like that. His character is not the same like the suave looking one as in KSS.

Why don't you try yourself, drop out of school and live in a boxing-gym, doing cleaning for ten years and eat ramen day and night
    Maybe I have better things to do? Did I compare his Snow Queen character to MNIKSS? Are you some expert on hair? Who says dropouts must look like trash?
    Last edited by junny; 10-06-08 at 03:32 AM.
    玉木宏

blog

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Her beauty can only go so far and her non-acting is painfully obvious. What progress has she made since Autumn in my heart? Almost zilch.

Maybe I have better things to do? Did I compare his Snow Queen character to MNIKSS? Are you some expert on hair? Who says dropouts must look like trash?
    Maybe you're still not watching Snow Queen or you don't get it (Yeh I know, I watch it 4 times already and I have lots of better things to do, but hey, cannot resist the urge). Han Deuk-Gu is not your usual college drop-out, where someone is either stupid, poor, lazy or got wealthy parent. Han Deuk-Gu is neither of that instead he is a math-genius. He is just blaming himself because of Jung-Gyu death and everything going downhill since then.

He doesn't care anymore about himself or his future let alone to get a proper haircut which is to your taste, although I like the tousled hair myself. I'm a rough guy myself and metro is not my thing. That hair is to present Han Deuk-Gu as a hickish character which is inline with his appearance.

Actually I myself don't like his new look in the new drama, he should retain the mustache/beard a little. He look like a shounen-ai character.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Maybe you're still not watching Snow Queen or you don't get it (Yeh I know, I watch it 4 times already and I have lots of better things to do, but hey, cannot resist the urge). Han Deuk-Gu is not your usual college drop-out, where someone is either stupid, poor, lazy or got wealthy parent. Han Deuk-Gu is neither of that instead he is a math-genius. He is just blaming himself because of Jung-Gyu death and everything going downhill since then.

He doesn't care anymore about himself or his future let alone to get a proper haircut which is to your taste, although I like the tousled hair myself. I'm a rough guy myself and metro is not my thing. That hair is to present Han Deuk-Gu as a hickish character which is inline with his appearance.

Actually I myself don't like his new look in the new drama, he should retain the mustache/beard a little. He look like a shounen-ai character.
    I watched Snow Queen. I know his role in there. I know what the hell was going on. I know what the whole ridiculous look was about. Doesn't mean I have to like it. And that was all I said about that hair, that it looks bad. I don't know why you had to have a go at me like that.
    玉木宏

blog

Uhh no .. what about All In and Full House? I think you're missing something ... and all her commercials too. She's one of the most popular Korean actress. Sadly, I don't really like her myself, but overall many people do.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

official posters
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img2.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/2793/279309571b15ede0146bedd7b91fea53e867ac6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img2.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/2793/279309645a6a84dd6529ba2623e9212902d9971.jpg')

in singapore
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img9.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/2793/27930943226740d205d415632986f987af198bf.jpg')

credit soompi forums

bin's teaser
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQMAySXfp-U

kyo's teaser
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOy0b8VxV8
    Last edited by ~ shy1 ~; 10-11-08 at 03:58 AM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Series aired yesterday (27th Oct 2008).

Episode 01 and special out by Ental, get it from omo-omo
    Subs (soft-sub .SRT) will be done as usual by the wonderful subbing team of WithS2.

Online streaming is done and already out by viikii, not sure if the caption completed or not.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 10-28-08 at 07:06 AM.

The show bombed. I guess Song Hye Gyo is doomed in any roles other than a damsel in distress/terminal illness...

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    The show bombed. I guess Song Hye Gyo is doomed in any roles other than a damsel in distress/terminal illness...
    Hahaha, yeh the rating sucks (7.1). I guess it is a suicide to go against the rating juggernaut East Of Eden [23.6 (2nd)] and then there is Tazza [14.2 (6th)]. Koreans only love heavy melodrama . All aired at 9.55 PM.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 10-28-08 at 10:27 AM.

given that they offered no plot in the previews...i'm not surprised. the other reason you got those 7.1 is probably for either HB or SHK fans.

in any case, if the show is actually good, ratings tend to pick up after a while. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    in any case, if the show is actually good, ratings tend to pick up after a while. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Unlikely. Competition is just too strong.

Ratings of these shows are determined by male lead because of their predominantly female viewership, and Hyun Bin just can't compete against heavyweights like Song Seung Hun, Jang Hyuk, and Kim Min Joon in the competing shows.
    Last edited by JonDoe; 10-28-08 at 03:29 PM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    Unlikely. Competition is just too strong.

Ratings of these shows are determined by male lead because of their predominantly female viewership, and Hyun Bin just can't compete against heavyweights like Song Seung Hun, Jang Hyuk, and Kim Min Joon in the competing shows.
    Yeah, super true:

SSH > JH > HB

Anyway EoE, got superb actress in there, in fact 3 of them, it is just irresistible. The problem is EoE only finish its episode half-way, so TWTLI will have little chance to improve, prolly will be ok after Tazza finish its run in about 3 weeks time.

I like it so far..

According to Jon Doe, the show bombed in Korea...I really dont' get that...Korean viewers in Korea doesn't seems to like show like this right? They preferred heavy melodrama over romance most definitely but I feel bad for Romance series that are good but aren't getting recognition for it..

oh well.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    I like it so far..

According to Jon Doe, the show bombed in Korea...I really dont' get that...Korean viewers in Korea doesn't seems to like show like this right? They preferred heavy melodrama over romance most definitely but I feel bad for Romance series that are good but aren't getting recognition for it..

oh well.
    Bombed as in the rating war. Rating here means how many people watching it the first time when it's aired at 9.55 PM Korean time. The problem is, TWTLI(KBS) is aired against EoE(MBC) and Tazza(SBS) at the same time on a different channel all at 9.55 PM, monday and tuesday.

Even for you I'm sure you're gonna watch EoE instead of watching TWTLI .
    It's all about money and commercial income. If no one watch, the income from commercial also less. Producing show need lots of money and the only way to get it back is from the tv commercial.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 10-29-08 at 03:48 AM.