Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
The Kung Fu Master (ATV, 1994)-Donnie Yen,EricaChoi,NickCheung(ATV 1994):Here'sDaLink
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: The Kung Fu Master (ATV, 1994)-Donnie Yen,EricaChoi,NickCheung(ATV 1994):Here'sDaLink

  1. #1

    Default The Kung Fu Master (ATV, 1994)-Donnie Yen,EricaChoi,NickCheung(ATV 1994):Here'sDaLink

    http://v.youku.com/v_playlist/f2126972o1p0.html
    The link above is for The Kung Fu Master!


    P.S. If you know infor on Race-Course Fever or 馬场風雲 ( ATV, 1993-starring Nick Cheung, & Erica) not the one from TVB with Felix Wong please share with me. Thanks! I've been still searching for the series,but it looks like no1 knows.
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

    All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

  2. #2
    Senior Member big master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    in my house:)
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    nice series. its pretty old but its still fun to watch
    大爺來了﹗

    想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

    MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big master View Post
    nice series. its pretty old but its still fun to watch
    I'm going to rent this series to watch in my language hehehhe. My parents watched when I was wicked little, now I think I want to see it. Is it really good?
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

    All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

  4. #4
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnforgottenEricaChoi View Post
    I'm going to rent this series to watch in my language hehehhe. My parents watched when I was wicked little, now I think I want to see it. Is it really good?
    Yeah, It started out really good, but I guess when Erica Choi and Donnie Yen fell for each other and all towards the end, I didn't like it as much as I did from the beginning. Nick Cheung was great too.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Yeah, It started out really good, but I guess when Erica Choi and Donnie Yen fell for each other and all towards the end, I didn't like it as much as I did from the beginning. Nick Cheung was great too.
    Wow, I watched the series and it was amazing just like how you said it! ATV used to be so good!
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

    All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

  6. #6
    Senior Member wang23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    532

    Default

    I thought the series was really well done, but a little too tragic for my tastes.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    I watch the series on retail dvd (4 discs, 90 minutes per disc). The actors/actresses are great with great fights. However, lot of things don't make sense, I bet the series is suffer from cutting. I bet the original version must be very good. ATV was so dump when it releases series in dvd in vietnamese language. Most of their great series suffer from cutting Why can't they understand that if the consumers love their series, they wouldn't mind pay a few buck more for the complete version. I love Taiseng. Taiseng release TVB series in full version instead of cutted version.

  8. #8
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I watch the series on retail dvd (4 discs, 90 minutes per disc). The actors/actresses are great with great fights. However, lot of things don't make sense, I bet the series is suffer from cutting. I bet the original version must be very good. ATV was so dump when it releases series in dvd in vietnamese language. Most of their great series suffer from cutting Why can't they understand that if the consumers love their series, they wouldn't mind pay a few buck more for the complete version. I love Taiseng. Taiseng release TVB series in full version instead of cutted version.
    I didn't watch it on DVD, I watched it on VCD, and it wasn't cut at all.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Linda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I watch the series on retail dvd (4 discs, 90 minutes per disc). The actors/actresses are great with great fights. However, lot of things don't make sense, I bet the series is suffer from cutting. I bet the original version must be very good. ATV was so dump when it releases series in dvd in vietnamese language. Most of their great series suffer from cutting Why can't they understand that if the consumers love their series, they wouldn't mind pay a few buck more for the complete version. I love Taiseng. Taiseng release TVB series in full version instead of cutted version.
    if u hated this u should see the version of Hong sumthing where he marries Vinh Xuan. i don't know how long tat series was but the dvd version i got only had 3 disc. and i checked many stores. there story was confusing from start to end.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

  10. #10
    Senior Member big master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    in my house:)
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnforgottenEricaChoi View Post
    ATV used to be so good!
    totally agree!!! i personally prefer atv over tvb...
    大爺來了﹗

    想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

    MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big master View Post
    totally agree!!! i personally prefer atv over tvb...

    ATV exaggerated a lot, and it made a lot of serials so dramatic which was good. Very emotional I guess. Oh TVB was tragic as well in the 90s, especially those serials with Felix Wong, and the ones with Noel Leung. Overall, FFM is such a good series!
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

    All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnforgottenEricaChoi View Post
    ATV exaggerated a lot, and it made a lot of serials so dramatic which was good. Very emotional I guess. Oh TVB was tragic as well in the 90s, especially those serials with Felix Wong, and the ones with Noel Leung. Overall, FFM is such a good series!
    ATV Series were Very good but generally speaking TVB Series were better than ATV. Back in the 80s, TVB has slightly better storylines, better artists, and way better costumes.

  13. #13
    Junior Member joeropiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default

    i enjoyed watching this, though i haven't finished it..............

    http://tennisensei.blogspot.com/2008...ory.html#links

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Finally, I just finished watching the full version of this series. It's a very good series with good storyline, artists, and actions. The picture quality is VCD, not as good as DVD. I would call this a classic series of ATV. This series deserves to be released in full version DVD just like Fist of Fury although I still like Fist of Fury better than this one.

    The full version is 21 VCD with the length of about 1 hour/vcd. The DVD version is only 4 dvd with 1.5 hours/dvd. 21-hour-series being cut down to 6-hour-series, no wonder why there are lot of things don't make much sense.

  15. #15
    Senior Member jiang bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    This was a very funny series. I cracked up everytime the characters all took turns to scream out a person's name to show concern.

    Whenever one person in the group is in danger or got hurt, the camera would show closeups of each person, who would say one after after either the person's name or the relationship (like "dad"). It was so hilarious because shouldn't they all shout in unison? Sometimes it took 2 or 3 seconds to get everyone in. LOL.

    Another funny thing is how the same grassy area kept showing up. No matter where the scene was supposed to be, the same area was used for "showdowns." Actually this is a familiar problem for low budget productions.

    They also borrowed liberally from the White Brow and Qianlong is a Han legends.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

    Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    This was a very funny series. I cracked up everytime the characters all took turns to scream out a person's name to show concern.

    Whenever one person in the group is in danger or got hurt, the camera would show closeups of each person, who would say one after after either the person's name or the relationship (like "dad"). It was so hilarious because shouldn't they all shout in unison? Sometimes it took 2 or 3 seconds to get everyone in. LOL.

    Another funny thing is how the same grassy area kept showing up. No matter where the scene was supposed to be, the same area was used for "showdowns." Actually this is a familiar problem for low budget productions.
    Yes, this is very common in Hong Kong series. You will see the same buildings, rooms, background over and over and over again. Despite being low budget, their series are still better than China's mega budget series.

    They also borrowed liberally from the White Brow and Qianlong is a Han legends.
    The scripwriter must be Qianlong's hater. Qianlong is said to be very filial to his father and mother, but here he himself very ruthless and killed his mother and father.

  17. #17
    Senior Member jiang bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    I disagree. Maybe some of the tvb/atv series are better, but in general, mainland series are better.

    I think the distaste some people have for mainland productions is due to the fact that they grew up on HK stuff. Like, my uncle refuses to watch mainland series because he doesn't know any of the actors. What kind of reason is that??

    I suspect the real reason could be he doesn't know mandarin but he won't admit it of course.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

    Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I disagree. Maybe some of the tvb/atv series are better, but in general, mainland series are better.
    Mainland series have better sceneries that is all they good at. In term of acting, storyline, theme/subtheme songs, background music, martial art and costume/hair Hong Kong series still better than mainland series even though they aren't as good as back in the 80s. I just miss all those beautiful costumes of TVB during the 80s. If mainland companies have all mega budgets for their series, I wonder why they won't make those costumes. Instead they continue use those cheap looking costumes. I hope TVB will remake those beautiful costumes someday.

    I think the distaste some people have for mainland productions is due to the fact that they grew up on HK stuff. Like, my uncle refuses to watch mainland series because he doesn't know any of the actors. What kind of reason is that??
    There are people out there like your uncle, but for me I like Hong Kong series better because of what I stated above. I do watch and like some mainland series, but they simply aren't as good as the Hong Kong ones. One of their major let down is overused of special effect. Their fighters are more like magicians than martial artists. Their storylines are more draggy.

    Overall, Hong Kong series are tend to be more believable (realistic) than Mainland series.

    I suspect the real reason could be he doesn't know mandarin but he won't admit it of course.
    I watch the series in Vietnamese language, so they don't matter to me. However, I do like the cantonese theme song better.

  19. #19
    Senior Member jiang bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    I don't watch a lot of series, mainland or hk, but from what I've seen, I don't think hk is any better than mainland in acting.

    I do agree that some of the mainland costumes make you scratch your head sometimes. LYP in LOCH03 wore a jacket that looks like one that I had at one time.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

    Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I don't watch a lot of series, mainland or hk, but from what I've seen, I don't think hk is any better than mainland in acting.
    Perhap I am somewhat bias because I am used to HK way of acting. I do like HK's dialogue, storyline, martial art, and special effects better. The mainland fight is just too fast for my taste with too much special effects.

    Another reason is because I am used to the southern (Cantonese/Teochew) chinese faces. I can recognize them better. Many of the mainlander artists are nothern chinse so I don't use to it. Not just the main cast, I can recognize almost all supporting casts whereas I barely know any mainland's. Face recognition is somewhat important to me.

    I do agree that some of the mainland costumes make you scratch your head sometimes. LYP in LOCH03 wore a jacket that looks like one that I had at one time.
    Yeah, with all the money they have, I wonder why don't they make all the beautiful costumes that TVB had during the 80s.

Similar Threads

  1. Fist of Fury - Donnie Yen (1995)
    By flyingfox2002 in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-08, 11:04 PM
  2. Donnie Yen
    By roses&stems in forum Actors
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-01-08, 06:54 PM
  3. Speed 1994
    By cupcakes in forum Movies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-06, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •