Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wan Ching Ching Vs Princess Ching Ping

Default Wan Ching Ching Vs Princess Ching Ping

Who do you like more in Sword Stained with Royal Blood?? According to Sword Stained with Royal Blood 1984 with Felix Wong and Patricia Chong. I really like Ching Ching and dislike the princess.... Isn't Princess Ching Ping supposed with Chow Sai Hin (Chau The Hien) instead of Yeun Ching Chi??

They both have their irritating moments. Overally I like Xia Qingqing more. Main-character syndrome again.

I think that in the 2007 version Qing Qing is annoying.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images/1/17/Bixiejian.jpg')
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

I know only one adaptation (the ZJZ series from '07) - not sure how faithful it is (I'd love to read BXJ, but I was told by many that I shouldn't hold my breath regarding any possible translations into languages that I understand ;-)) - but I liked princess better. It's not that I dislike QQ, but if I were YCZ, I'd definitely go for some other girl than that possessive jealous creature...;-)
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

I like QQ. Blame it on the 80's adaptation. The girl who played QQ was really cute and her character seem more alive than the Princess. The Princess was really really boring and dull in that version. And not much screen time either. I did watch the 2007 version as well and really liked QQ in there too even though the princess is really pretty and has more character development, I still like QQ more.

Princess Changping for me, she's much more beautiful, gentle, and pitiable than XQQ. It really pissed me off when Yuan Chengzhi left Changping behind at the end of BXJ disregarding that she was the girl he really loved and that she had just lost all her family and her left arm. What a jerk he was!
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

I wouldn't call him a jerk... Qing Qing was alone, too... The Wen family were a bunch of mean bastards, her mother was gone, her dad long dead... And YCZ imho did have feelings for her...
    ...and staying with a girl out of pity - that's not the best of motivations... Noble, perhaps, but quite foolish and short-sighted... So the fact that Ah Jiu was more pitiable doesn't really count as an argument...;-)
    So many girls were after Yuan Chengzhi that there simply had to be some broken hearts in the end...:-)

In any case - I'd cut him some slack... Y'know - considering what *he* went through... If I were in his place, I'd just leave *all* the girls behind and go as far away as possible...
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Gosh, back then, it was okay for a guy to have more than one spouse. . .what was the big deal? LMAO Heck, throw in He Tieshou as well. . . ^_^
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

To Cesare: In my view whoever refuses to admit and follow his true love should be called a jerk. Above all other reasons, the girl YCZ really loved was Changping, and not XQQ. So if he'd chosen to marry the former, that wouldnt have been an action carried out out of pity. Changping being pitiable is just an auxiliary factor to my idea that YCZ should have ended up being with Changping.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

resident.alien: Sure, but I'm quite curious as to how that scenario would work with Qing Qing...;-)

wuyuejin: Is it explicitly stated in the book that he loved the princess?
    Last edited by Cesare; 09-27-08 at 01:25 PM.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    resident.alien: Sure, but I'm quite curious as to how that scenario would work with Qing Qing...;-)
    Simple. . .just blindfold her and make sure she's bound real tight. . . ^_^
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

You forgot about the most essential part - gag her mouth...;-)
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

To Cesare: Yes, in the lastest edition of BXJ that I skimmed thru 2 years ago it's stated that YCZ loved Princess Changping more than he loved QQ. However the bs dude still chose to stay by QQ's side because he wanted to keep his promise to marry her of something like that that he had promised her mother or someone else. Before YCZ and XQQ left China for Brunei, Changping had just become a disciple of Taoist Musang. At the moment of farewell Changping said that she would wait for YCZ to return to China to reunite with her for 3 years, and after that period of time she would become a nun. The book didn't say anything about whether YCZ came back to China to meet her but in Lu Ding Ji there's a one-arm nun named Jiunan, which is actually Princess Changping. Sorry I can't provide you with the Chinese text of those passages as I don't have the book with me, and all online copies I've just googled seem to be of the 1st edition in which QQ was the girl YCZ loved the most.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Qinging is an annoying b!tch for the most of the first part of novel. Then, after Yuan Chengzhi became the Wulin Director (or whatever the position was), she toned it down - I guess probably b/c of Jin Yong's early tendency to sacrifice all for national crisis.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Qinging is an annoying b!tch for the most of the first part of novel. Then, after Yuan Chengzhi became the Wulin Director (or whatever the position was), she toned it down - I guess probably b/c of Jin Yong's early tendency to sacrifice all for national crisis.
    This is very rude to a lady..... have some respect for lady....
    Ching Ching is just being childish.....
    I glad that Yeun Cheng Chi kept his promise and stay with Ching Ching and didn't go for the princess....

Quote Originally Posted by wuyuejin View Post
    To Cesare: Yes, in the lastest edition of BXJ that I skimmed thru 2 years ago it's stated that YCZ loved Princess Changping more than he loved QQ.
    Interesting... Thanks for the info.
    Still wouldn't call him a jerk... Admitting and following one's true love ain't always necessarilly the best thing... No matter how he'd decide, he'd still leave at least one heart-broken individual behind...
    Apparently, he's no Romeo - too bad for Ah Jiu...
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

You forgot about the most essential part - gag her mouth...;-)
    You don't need to gag her mouth. Just tie her to the bedposts. Tell her you'll be feeding her an array of freshly cut fruit. ^_^

I wouldn't call him a jerk... Qing Qing was alone, too... The Wen family were a bunch of mean bastards, her mother was gone, her dad long dead... And YCZ imho did have feelings for her...
    ...and staying with a girl out of pity - that's not the best of motivations... Noble, perhaps, but quite foolish and short-sighted... So the fact that Ah Jiu was more pitiable doesn't really count as an argument...;-)
    So many girls were after Yuan Chengzhi that there simply had to be some broken hearts in the end...:-)

In any case - I'd cut him some slack... Y'know - considering what *he* went through... If I were in his place, I'd just leave *all* the girls behind and go as far away as possible...
    Why would you do that?? WHy would you leave all the hotties behind? Why did you choose a lonely and boring life...
    At least leave with one of them.... I would choose Ching Ching over all other girls....

If the novel stated that he left with Ching Ching for Brunei while princess Chang Ping told him that she will wait for him for 3 years. I think he ended up with Ching Ching in Brunei and never return to the central plain. Princess Chang Ping became a nun 3 years later...

If he married Ching Ching in Brunei and having children, I guess he is busy raising his children and no time to go back to the central plain...

i always liked ching ching in the first edition. she was a brat and all but still preferable to ching ping. i hated the third edition.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Still wouldn't call him a jerk... Admitting and following one's true love ain't always necessarilly the best thing... No matter how he'd decide, he'd still leave at least one heart-broken individual behind...
    Apparently, he's no Romeo - too bad for Ah Jiu...
    By leaving Changping in China and marrying QQ YCZ caused grief to all the girls involved. The Princess would obviously feel very unhappy (in Lu Ding Ji, JY wrote that even tho she had become a nun and many years had passed since she and YCZ had parted, Changping was still not able to get rid of the image of him in her heart). XQQ would probably not be happy as well because YCZ married her out of responsibility and his mind would likely never stop thinking of the Princess. Maybe in this case marrying Changping would be a better choice for YCZ as that would make at least 1 person happy.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。