Thread: HSDS kirara's translations

Default HSDS kirara's translations

hi everyone, i've noticed that in the unabriged links for hsds ch 14-20 has a huge gap : (

anyhow, i remember reading that kirara has done a considerable amount in that gap. however her website is down, so i was wondering if there is anyone who's saved a copy to their computer that they can share with us all?

Here is bits of a series of conversations i've had with another member/

"Kirara close her site, I think. Some forum members might have saved copies of her work, but I'm afraid I don't know who."

however, he did send this other message later

"While looking through the HSDS Ch 14 thread, I came across a message by atlantean0208 saying s/he saved Kirara's translation. You might want to ask her/him."

wondering if anyone might know this atlantean0208, or if you've saved kirara's translations

it would be great to share that, because if the 14-20 gap is bridged, then the whole book would be translated
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

I did have all her translations from chapter 13 through to 23, but a recent computer malfunction meant I lost all of it. Foxs was probably referring to me when he said that some people have copies of her work.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by darkshineknight View Post
    hi everyone, i've noticed that in the unabriged links for hsds ch 14-20 has a huge gap : (

anyhow, i remember reading that kirara has done a considerable amount in that gap. however her website is down, so i was wondering if there is anyone who's saved a copy to their computer that they can share with us all?

Here is bits of a series of conversations i've had with another member/

"Kirara close her site, I think. Some forum members might have saved copies of her work, but I'm afraid I don't know who."

however, he did send this other message later

"While looking through the HSDS Ch 14 thread, I came across a message by atlantean0208 saying s/he saved Kirara's translation. You might want to ask her/him."

wondering if anyone might know this atlantean0208, or if you've saved kirara's translations

it would be great to share that, because if the 14-20 gap is bridged, then the whole book would be translated
    yeh-yeh, I got it. But I dunno if it's allow here by the mod (Han Solo) for me to distribute it widely. I just happen to read on the the site and save everything each time. The one that I saved:

Kirara translate using 1st edition:

chapter 11 - part 3 - on the way to kun lun mountain
    until
    chapter 19 - part 6 - jiu yang shen gong completely achieved
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 10-23-08 at 09:31 AM.

I remembered someone saying that it's not right to publish Kirara's works without her consent.

Anyway the T & C of the then Zhoamin.org was that we are not to replicate the translation elsewhere.

I'm sure Kirara visits this site and hopefully she will give the green light to publish her works.

I sure miss that site.....Kirara, if you're out there....
    cheerio..

Yeah I agree that we should not post her work without her permission.

I really am grateful to her for the translations she did from 1 to 34 or so. I was really happy (like I am now with fox_'s work) to go to her site every other day and read couple pages of translation. And we had very fun and lively discussions too!

I also thought that the 1st edition was really cool.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by crazee View Post
    I remembered someone saying that it's not right to publish Kirara's works without her consent.

Anyway the T & C of the then Zhoamin.org was that we are not to replicate the translation elsewhere.

I'm sure Kirara visits this site and hopefully she will give the green light to publish her works.

I sure miss that site.....Kirara, if you're out there....
    Yeh, Han Solo already said before that we're not allow to re-publish Kirara translation here. So you guys need to get it somewhere else and not by reading it in this forum/thread. Well unless if foxs going to translate it from scratch.

Hi guys,

1) Foxs is planning to translate the remainder of HSDS- including the gap chapters, time permitting. So hurray for foxs.

2) If Kirara gives her consent, then her translational work can be re-linked here.
    If not, then we should respect her wishes as she had previously asked that all her works here be erased.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Default i see

okay, i understand,

can i just ask, has anyone actually tried to contact kirara? ^^

if not, how can we contact her >.< (i took a 2 year break, waiting for translations to be done during that time, haha i cant stand cliff hangers : (... anyhow, never got to seee her in these forums).
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

Yea... I really miss that site.
    I was and still is hoping that she will restart her site again.
    KIRARA, if you're reading.... I think many of your followers are still hoping for news from you.

However, I've been following this forum even before I found her site but do not actively participate as I enjoy reading the translations.
    cheerio..

honestly we could just publish her work and change one or two words.. if we really wanna be technical about it. We're giving Kirana credit and stuff so i don't see what's the harm. And if she doesn't want it to be republished then just change 1 or 2 words and it won't be breaking the rules. it's a translation not an orginal story so whose to say we didn't translate it the exact way she did minus a few words.

but anyways, thanks fox.

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller View Post
    honestly we could just publish her work and change one or two words.. if we really wanna be technical about it. We're giving Kirana credit and stuff so i don't see what's the harm. And if she doesn't want it to be republished then just change 1 or 2 words and it won't be breaking the rules. it's a translation not an orginal story so whose to say we didn't translate it the exact way she did minus a few words.

but anyways, thanks fox.
    There is so much that is wrong with this that I am not even going to break it down.

All I will say is that if I see this sort of stuff actually happen on this forum, I know I will immediately stop translating, and I think I wouldn't be the only one.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Wrong? There's nothing wrong with it. Morally yes, logically no. End of story.

No one's stealing credit, merely just preserving a work of art.

And if you ever wish to see your work to be deleted after spending days and months on it, too, then I too would suggest you stop translating now and do something more constructive.
    Last edited by batmankiller; 03-21-09 at 04:47 PM.

And if you ever wish to see your work to be deleted after spending days and months on it, too, then I too would suggest you stop translating now and do something more constructive.
    Aside from the fact that you actually seem to think that being 'morally wrong' is 'nothing wrong', the fact that YOU aren't able see the work on a forum doesn't mean the 'work of art' is no longer 'preserved'. Every translator has their own copy on their own computer, and removing it from a forum doesn't mean it no longer exists. It only means YOU aren't able to read it.

In short, don't try to justify what you said as 'preserving a work of art', because that's not what you're really advocating. You're really advocating doing whatever it takes to satisfy your own desire to profit from and enjoy the dozens of hours of hard work of others, regardless of what they themselves want. And, in your post, you're advocating 'changing a few words' then lying and claiming that you translated it. Aside from the fact that doing so is retarded and wouldn't even marginally hold up to legal scrutiny, that IS blatantly stealing credit.

In essence, your entire argument revolves around being a thieving, selfish, self-centered little piece of shit.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 03-21-09 at 05:32 PM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

It's just wrong. This is like saying that if someone took the Beatles' "Yesterday," and changed the title to "Last Night," it would be ok and not stealing someone's work. Just because you give credit to someone does not mean it is ok to distribute their work without their permission.

Pretty much all the translators here are doing this out of their own time just for the sake of others. If you don't have the common decency to respect a single one of their wish, and if you don't even have the respect for people who have been translating this out of their own free time, I suggest you learn the language and read the books yourself.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Logically, Louis Cha could probably sue all unauthorised translators for breach of intellectual rights. There is already some stretching of legality in doing the translations anyway, but it's deemed to be morally acceptable because there is no commercial translation available, and AFAWK he hasn't explicitly barred amateurs (people who act for the love of their subject) from translating. Kirara, however, has explicitly stated that she doesn't want her translations to be disseminated, and indeed has asked for outside copies of her translations to be removed. The line is pretty clear.

Normally I do not have time for other thread (not yet, at least until my work is done), but since this is about HSDS, I feel compelled to just share my 2-cent.

As Pannonian pointed out, technically, we do not have any right to translate. As Jaded said, we are doing this for us all, not for any financial reward. That being said, we simply ask that the readers would respect our work. As I understand it (correct me if I am wrong), we (spcnet) have never deleted her work. It was she who requested that we do so. Hence, morally or logically, it is plain wrong to post her work without her permission.

PS: I tried to contact ALL previous translators before I posted their works on my site, but I have to admit that not ALL of them responded. Perhaps they are simply not part of this community anymore. But if you are one of the translators of this Trilogy (or you know someone who is) and do NOT wish your work to be posted on my site, please let me know. I will take it out.

PPS: Is my translation so bad that you still want Kirara's? Or you simply do not want to wait just a little bit longer?

PPPS: Ren Wo Xing, are you sure you are the same Ren Wo Xing who said your reading speed is like a snail? I took a peek at DGSD and WOW! <-- ALL CAPS. Kudos!

SPCnet do not host translations without the explicit consent of the translators.

We do not host links to translations that have copyright protections.

We respect the wishes of the respective translators, and sought their helps in promoting the translations of wuxia literature.

Kirara, had in the past, stated that she does not want her translation works to appear hear. Having not had any further instructions about this, it remains our policy.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Logically, Louis Cha could probably sue all unauthorised translators for breach of intellectual rights. There is already some stretching of legality in doing the translations anyway, but it's deemed to be morally acceptable because there is no commercial translation available, and AFAWK he hasn't explicitly barred amateurs (people who act for the love of their subject) from translating. Kirara, however, has explicitly stated that she doesn't want her translations to be disseminated, and indeed has asked for outside copies of her translations to be removed. The line is pretty clear.
    We had discussions about this in the past, particularly when the Golden Bell translation was published in Lulu.

The current view that i held is that any fan translations that is an independent work, in an area where no copyrighted translations exist, and only aimed at free distribution (i.e. not commercialized) should be hosted here - unless the copyright holders/authors asked us to do so otherwise.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

IMO if u can manage to con steel your way to more translations.... more power to you :-)

having said that, i dont mind waiting for foxs to finish his translation.
    also to Ren...
    yerh sure hans solo and the rest of the spcnet team have to strike a balance of protecting the rights of translators welll catering to other browesers requests.

but this is not gona stop me from dl pirated movies or reading free translations where ever they maybe... with or without the translators knowledge.

imo if u dont want other people to read your work it is your responsibility to keep it out of the public domain.

in short if any one has any secret mass translations documents of woxia meterial please feel free to email it to me :-) ta.

till then ill wait on the translating team to do what they do so well.
    Last edited by aliderhamy; 03-30-09 at 07:33 PM.

Banned

It sound great and may be useful to users, writers and translators of material safety data sheets.