Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kent Tong is married again.....

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Very very few? Your "very very few" are so "few" that my toes and fingers ain't enough to count.

I think you're talking about your planet?
    Well, most asian men don't divorce their wife and go back to asia to marry a very young one. The few that are doing it makes the hot news in the asian community whereas the million faithful good men are absent from the news. There are millions of asian living in USA, so if there are few hundreds or thousand of them doing it is few to me. I think less than 1% of asian men are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Well, most asian men don't divorce their wife and go back to asia to marry a very young one. The few that are doing it makes the hot news in the asian community whereas the million faithful good men are absent from the news. There are millions of asian living in USA, so if there are few hundreds or thousand of them doing it is few to me. I think less than 1% of asian men are doing it.
    You must be kidding me.... Where did you hear this from??? Don't tell me you are just assuming this....
    Last edited by Trinie; 10-03-08 at 12:39 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Aye, TC, you have yet to know the ugliness of men.

Yes it's a fact, you won't find it on JY's wikipedia idolized entry of course, but you'll find the fact if you dig through info on the net. This was confirmed by a family friend who has known JY for decades.

JY has had 3 wives. Not much known about 1st wife. His 2nd wife helped him establish his newspaper kingdom from scratch. Basically, this young girl was a waitress, JY took her as concubine (he has become very rich by then) but was found out. 2nd wife finally agreed to divorce on terms that the girl has her tubes tied. Agree, divorce, remarry (3rd wife). JY's friends praised his cute young 3rd wivey as "Xiao Long Nu:" "She's so pretty and innocent!!" I think he supported his young XLN for a college degree overseas.

BTW, his eldest son (with his 2nd wife) committed suicide at that time (disclaimer: may or may not be related to this... ) The divorced 2nd wife went insane and died in illness and poverty. No one was there to collect her death certificate.

Those are facts about his family life, and let's just spare his style in business.

Of course, it really has no bearing on the entertainment value of his novels. But to say his novels are great works of literature that express his teachings on love and life and philosophy is complete BS.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

OMG, expression, I will never be able to watch another JY adaptation with the same admiration again. Not that his personal life should discredit the brilliance of his work, but it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Of course I will still read the translated novels and watch the series from the 80s

Even though we have gone completely off topic, thanks for the info though.

Ahem... sorry for the off-topic and after-taste.

Pray continue with the discussion on old guys dumping their old wives for young chicks.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Aye, TC, you have yet to know the ugliness of men.

Yes it's a fact, you won't find it on JY's wikipedia idolized entry of course, but you'll find the fact if you dig through info on the net. This was confirmed by a family friend who has known JY for decades.

JY has had 3 wives. Not much known about 1st wife. His 2nd wife helped him establish his newspaper kingdom from scratch. Basically, this young girl was a waitress, JY took her as concubine (he has become very rich by then) but was found out. 2nd wife finally agreed to divorce on terms that the girl has her tubes tied. Agree, divorce, remarry (3rd wife). JY's friends praised his cute young 3rd wivey as "Xiao Long Nu:" "She's so pretty and innocent!!" I think he supported his young XLN for a college degree overseas.

BTW, his eldest son (with his 2nd wife) committed suicide at that time (disclaimer: may or may not be related to this... ) The divorced 2nd wife went insane and died in illness and poverty. No one was there to collect her death certificate.

Those are facts about his family life, and let's just spare his style in business.

Of course, it really has no bearing on the entertainment value of his novels. But to say his novels are great works of literature that express his teachings on love and life and philosophy is complete BS.
    Thanks for the information.
    This is something I would never imagine about Jin Yong.
    I still like series based on his novel though, but my great respect for him as a person is almost completely gone uless his wife has done something to him that is unforgivable that cause the divorce. Why did his second wife die in poverty? Did she not get the 50% of his wealth or at least he should provide her the basic need, ect... Again, unless she has done him something unforgivable, letting her die in poverty really make Jin Yong cold blooded.

You're welcome TC, and sorry for shocking you. But yeah, I won't take his novels as inspirational reads. Fun entertainment though.

I read an interesting article on CNN from Oprah Winfrey regarding why men cheat. I"m not sure if this is such a parallel to "old men dumping wife to marry younger women" but most men cheat not for sex. They claim there's an emotional disconnection with the wife and had to resort to someone else. I find this excuse is only prevalent to the Western community and not so much in Asian households.

I guess asian women tend to be more timid in bed so asian men are always out for better performers? I'm not really sure but this is what I'm seeing from the HK Entertainment sector.

It's sad that 1 in 2.7 men cheat ....
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    I read an interesting article on CNN from Oprah Winfrey regarding why men cheat. I"m not sure if this is such a parallel to "old men dumping wife to marry younger women" but most men cheat not for sex. They claim there's an emotional disconnection with the wife and had to resort to someone else. I find this excuse is only prevalent to the Western community and not so much in Asian households.

I guess asian women tend to be more timid in bed so asian men are always out for better performers? I'm not really sure but this is what I'm seeing from the HK Entertainment sector.

It's sad that 1 in 2.7 men cheat ....
    Wow, that is 37% very high... I thought the figure is about 10%-15%.
    What about women?? What is their rate of cheating? I guess is about the same as men.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Wow, that is 37% very high... I thought the figure is about 10%-15%.
    What about women?? What is their rate of cheating? I guess is about the same as men.
    It was an article on men only.

Maybe you should ask Dr. Phil for some feedback instead =)
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

37% sounds about right, especially in the west. I'd imagine the figure to be the same for women in the west, but much lower in asian cultures.