Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008-2009 NBA Season

wow Bynum got 57mill.....now he can really make it rain instead of just throwing up a bunch of 1's lol....

Initial reaction is that we overpaid him but its better than the 17mill he was pulling for....he better step his game up..not 2 impressed wit him 2night...
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Thats alot for him. But then again thats about the price teams these days pay big

men. Look at Nene, Bogut or Emeka Okafor. They all getting 10-13mil per yr plus a

longer contract too.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing View Post
    wow Bynum got 57mill.....now he can really make it rain instead of just throwing up a bunch of 1's lol....

Initial reaction is that we overpaid him but its better than the 17mill he was pulling for....he better step his game up..not 2 impressed wit him 2night...
    we paid for potential, lets hope it pays off

btw lakers ROLLIN!!! 3-0
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

lol odom demands 11 mil for sitting in the bench, no way lakers can pay that. i hope the lakers release walton/mihm/mbenga and odom accepts something like 7-9 mil

wow just when i thought ray allen was washed up, then wham he drops 29 on houston

houston on the other hand looks solid, despite artest and yao playing horrendously, they only lost by 4

Hot damn, the Lakers are SCARY good!

In the first quarter, the Rockets looked like they were poised to bury the Lakers, but instead, the Lakers came back to wipe the floor with the Rockets in the next three quarters.

Artest and McGrady were limited to single digits, and Yao was held to just twelve points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Hot damn, the Lakers are SCARY good!

In the first quarter, the Rockets looked like they were poised to bury the Lakers, but instead, the Lakers came back to wipe the floor with the Rockets in the next three quarters.

Artest and McGrady were limited to single digits, and Yao was held to just twelve points.
    I must say that 2nd unit led by Farmar would be good enough to start on most of the teams in the league.

The defense is crazy good too as Laker opponents are averaging only 85 pts a game, which is around Spurs level defense.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyChrono View Post
    I must say that 2nd unit led by Farmar would be good enough to start on most of the teams in the league.

The defense is crazy good too as Laker opponents are averaging only 85 pts a game, which is around Spurs level defense.
    And these Lakers are still developing, improving.

The team as it is right now would NOT have been beaten by the Celtics in the Finals last season. They've gotten MUCH better since then.

And these Lakers are still developing, improving.

The team as it is right now would NOT have been beaten by the Celtics in the Finals last season. They've gotten MUCH better since then.
    Avg. Margin of Victory = 20.8 pts (lol?)

At first I thought this was just because they were playing crappy teams like the Clippers, Portland, and Denver. But since they crushed the Rockets (title contender?) by nearly 30 that obviously wasn't it.

The funny thing is that the Lakers are leading the league in scoring at 105.8 pts a game while only shooting 43.5%, which is 21st in the league. So what happens when they actually start hitting their shots? =D

Quote Originally Posted by AndyChrono View Post
    Avg. Margin of Victory = 20.8 pts (lol?)

At first I thought this was just because they were playing crappy teams like the Clippers, Portland, and Denver. But since they crushed the Rockets (title contender?) by nearly 30 that obviously wasn't it.

The funny thing is that the Lakers are leading the league in scoring at 105.8 pts a game while only shooting 43.5%, which is 21st in the league. So what happens when they actually start hitting their shots? =D

the clipper/blazer/nuggets are not bad teams. Nuggets go to the play off last year? and blazer have always been a decent team with bad luck, and clipper is just having some horrible match up in the start of the season, they're better than their records.

Laker is maxing out their potential, but they look unstoppable. They're actually a good defensive team that scores in bunches. But it's still too early too tell.

farmar should start over fisher, but this lakers team is looking like showtime baby

kobe still needs to drive to the hoop more he use to take like 15 free throws a game...

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    farmar should start over fisher, but this lakers team is looking like showtime baby

kobe still needs to drive to the hoop more he use to take like 15 free throws a game...
    Farmar should come off the bench because Fisher is a better complement for Kobe. Fisher knows how to play with Kobe, which is to give #24 the ball and find an open spot. When the ball comes back, knock down open shots. Fisher has a better outside shot than Farmar.

Plus, the young guy with fresh legs and eager to proof himself will give the 2nd unit life.

Why would Kobe want others to beat him up? There are 82 games and 16+ playoffs games. Kobe is no longer 24 years old and cannot want to take the pounding for 82+ games. In addition, the 2008 Lakers does not need him to score 30 points to win.

The Lakers looks good, and so far only Chris Paul and the Hornets can compete with them in the West. CP3 is awesome! However, the NBA season is long. Players can get hurt.

-------
    The Rockets is not a championship contender because Rick Adelman's offense does not suit this team.
    - Yao can not play the high post because he's not a great passer and will not be able to pass the ball the cutter. Plus, his strength is not 15 feet from the basket.

- T-Mac can't play without the ball, like Reggie Miller and Rip Hamilton. He needs to dribble and shoot 20 times a game. BTW, what happened to his outside shot?

- Ron Artest is another guy that needs the ball in his hand.

All of them are not great on defense. Artest is good, but too slow to guard quick guard.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    the clipper is just having some horrible match up in the start of the season, they're better than their records.
    The Clippers is a bad team, and will be bad with Baron Davis because this guy is not dependable. He will get hurt sometime during the season. Even when he's not hurt, he can't shoot from the outside.

The Warriors will be better without him because they can use the money on other players.

That's Kevin McHale's fault.
    Do you think Garnett would resign with Woves if McHale didn't give him $120 millions?

Right. I always get Bias and Gathers mixed up because their tragedies were so similar, and happened fairly close to each other in time.
    Both died before entering the NBA. But, Bias died in 1986 of cocaine overdosed while Gathers had a heart problem and collapse on a basketball court during a game in 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z View Post
    Do you think Garnett would resign with Woves if McHale didn't give him $120 millions?
    I don't think any amount of money could have kept Kevin Garnett in Minnesota. He wanted that championship and moved to get it.

It might, however, be his only one.

Farmar should come off the bench because Fisher is a better complement for Kobe. Fisher knows how to play with Kobe, which is to give #24 the ball and find an open spot. When the ball comes back, knock down open shots. Fisher has a better outside shot than Farmar.

Plus, the young guy with fresh legs and eager to proof himself will give the 2nd unit life.

Why would Kobe want others to beat him up? There are 82 games and 16+ playoffs games. Kobe is no longer 24 years old and cannot want to take the pounding for 82+ games. In addition, the 2008 Lakers does not need him to score 30 points to win.

The Lakers looks good, and so far only Chris Paul and the Hornets can compete with them in the West. CP3 is awesome! However, the NBA season is long. Players can get hurt.

-------
    The Rockets is not a championship contender because Rick Adelman's offense does not suit this team.
    - Yao can not play the high post because he's not a great passer and will not be able to pass the ball the cutter. Plus, his strength is not 15 feet from the basket.

- T-Mac can't play without the ball, like Reggie Miller and Rip Hamilton. He needs to dribble and shoot 20 times a game. BTW, what happened to his outside shot?

- Ron Artest is another guy that needs the ball in his hand.

All of them are not great on defense. Artest is good, but too slow to guard quick guard.
    all i see from fisher is him taking quick shots and the ball clings out the rim. i do agree fisher is a better spot up shooter but farmar can penetrate defenses. kobe havent been getting to the rim since after the lakers/jazz series last year. hes getting a bit old now and definitely isnt the best player in the world, however he is still awesome

i agree with ur assessments of tmac and artest, but yao is not a high post player?? his best shot is the 15 feet jump shot. yao is actually too soft to play the low post imo. and btw yao is a great passer too

other than tmac, yao and artest are dominant on defense. yao blocks like what, almost 2 shot a game? an alters many others too. artest has always been on the nba all defensive team.

-------
    I agree with you the Rockets are not a championship caliber team unless they prove me otherwise and get out of the first rounds of the playoffs. I agree with you that Yao is not a great passer, but he's one of the better passer than most big men

TMac's talents has deteriorated over the years along with his health and his stats this season proves it. That's the reason why I didn't even bother drafting him in my fantasy league.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    correct, never denied it
    Well when Jordan is 36 is not that old... Center at 32 is not old yet, 36 is old...

sun yue started his first game!!

4 point 4 foul 5 min lol

btw the lakers are ............ HOT

time to put up my championship poster again

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/obepawn/1zxmj53.gif')

4 fouls in 5 minutes? that's like me when I play ahahaha