Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008-2009 NBA Season

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    4 fouls in 5 minutes? that's like me when I play ahahaha
    it was more like 3 fouls in 1 minute lol then he got better
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Zomg...suns signed J-rich..they are so stacked offensively..wonder how they are goin to split the shots..especially with barbs,stat and oneal who need to score to be effective....interesting if they do make it work but they still have a ways to go if they want to match up with LA. Watched last nights games and their perimeter defense looks to be at a high school lovel
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing View Post
    Zomg...suns signed J-rich..they are so stacked offensively..wonder how they are goin to split the shots..especially with barbs,stat and oneal who need to score to be effective....interesting if they do make it work but they still have a ways to go if they want to match up with LA. Watched last nights games and their perimeter defense looks to be at a high school lovel
    Both the Suns and the Mavs need to defend if they want to win games. They can't win by outscoring their opponents anymore. Even if they improve their defense, they still can't beat the Lakers.

I put my money on Boston winning the championship this season. I just don't see consistency in the Lakers. Bryant maybe the best in the league but his stats usually decline during the playoffs when winning really matters most.

boston havent beat any quality teams in their 19 game win streak except detroit (which isnt that great w/o billups anyways) and houston (w/o tback) so i still have lakers ahead of them.

on the other hand, the cavs are scary

hahahahah celtics, get outta staple center!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    hahahahah celtics, get outta staple center!
    yes. but only if they can keep that up for the rest of the season (& playoffs) and not fall into another slump.

kobe 61 @ madison square garden baby!

still 20 less than his career high.

At some stage in the next couple of years, if kobe can get some more rings, ppl will may make discussions of whether kobe is better or MJ is better.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    At some stage in the next couple of years, if kobe can get some more rings, ppl will may make discussions of whether kobe is better or MJ is better.

Han Solo
    theres been plenty of those out there already

see lebron only gets compared to kobe, but kobe gets compared to jordan. look whose better

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    theres been plenty of those out there already

see lebron only gets compared to kobe, but kobe gets compared to jordan. look whose better
    Uhh... anyone who knows anything about basketball would compare LeBron to Magic Johnson. His game isn't like MJ's at all. He's really only comparable to MJ in terms of market appeal.

As for Kobe vs MJ, when Kobe wins 4 more MVP awards, 8 more scoring titles, 4 more defensive first team awards, a defensive player of the year, and 6 more NBA Finals MVPs, then we can start with the comparisons. MJ's game is better than Kobe, and MJ did it in an era where they could actually breathe on the offensive player without getting a foul called.

Even Kobe would say MJ is the greatest of all time. If you guys watched games of MJ in his prime, you wouldn't be making his comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Uhh... anyone who knows anything about basketball would compare LeBron to Magic Johnson. His game isn't like MJ's at all. He's really only comparable to MJ in terms of market appeal.
    Whomever knows anything about basketball would compare Lebron to Magic Johnson, therefore Lebron's game isn't like MJ's.

I find your argument a little hard to believe. I've been watching and playing bball almost all my life and I've never engaged in discussions comparing Lebron to Majic Johnson.

Maybe I live in a different part of the world where people don't compare Lebron to Magic.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Toronto Raptors is going to win it all! Chris Bosh all the way....

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    Whomever knows anything about basketball would compare Lebron to Magic Johnson, therefore Lebron's game isn't like MJ's.

I find your argument a little hard to believe. I've been watching and playing bball almost all my life and I've never engaged in discussions comparing Lebron to Majic Johnson.

Maybe I live in a different part of the world where people don't compare Lebron to Magic.
    If LeBron should be compared at all, it should be to Magic Johnson, and the individuals who know basketball will tell you the same thing. The Vegas Insiders and the smart money (arguably the people who know the most about the sport) compare LeBron to Magic. Sizewise, he's closer to Magic than MJ, and in terms of his overall game, he's also closer to Magic than MJ.

Also, just to point out, 52-11-10 > 61-0-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    If LeBron should be compared at all, it should be to Magic Johnson, and the individuals who know basketball will tell you the same thing. The Vegas Insiders and the smart money (arguably the people who know the most about the sport) compare LeBron to Magic. Sizewise, he's closer to Magic than MJ, and in terms of his overall game, he's also closer to Magic than MJ.

Also, just to point out, 52-11-10 > 61-0-3.
    They play different position, LBJ plays small forward/power forward, Kobe play shooting guard/small forward.

kobe should get more assist being the guard player, but he was scoring alot, and they took him out a good chunk of time in the 2nd and the end of the 4th. LBJ played the whole time I think.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    They play different position, LBJ plays small forward/power forward, Kobe play shooting guard/small forward.

kobe should get more assist being the guard player, but he was scoring alot, and they took him out a good chunk of time in the 2nd and the end of the 4th. LBJ played the whole time I think.
    Kobe could have been the whole game and he wouldn't have gotten a triple double. In fact, Kobe has never been a great assist man in his entire career, even when he could have dumped it off inside to Shaq.

LBJ actually plays very little 4 in the Cleveland scheme. Cleveland has one of the biggest frontcourts in the league. In fact, nominally distinguishing the 2 and the 3 is generally academic, because they're asked to do much of the same thing in most offenses.

In essence, both LeBron and Kobe are wing players, and they're usually asked to defend the opposing team's best wing player.

triple double* (notice the asterisk)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNmDc...jG1oYd34jnAKbb

lebron's 9th rebound shouldnt have counted

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

Go Steve Nash!!!

Anyways, anyone see the LAL vs. Celtic game? Very close one, Fisher ate it for the team! haha

Quote Originally Posted by BluLotus View Post
    Go Steve Nash!!!

Anyways, anyone see the LAL vs. Celtic game? Very close one, Fisher ate it for the team! haha
    i think it is time for me to bring this back up

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/obepawn/1zxmj53.gif')