Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evil Because of Love

Default Evil Because of Love

A lot (not most though) of evil characters are evil because someone left them. Off the top of my head there's The Princesses of the Floral Palace, Li Mo Chou, and I think Zhuo Zhiruo partialy. So which do you think became the most evil.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Among your list, Yaoyue is definitely at the top. She was already a biatch to begin with, and going crazy didn't help matters. And Lianxing... well, I wouldn't put her in the 'evil' category.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

ZZR was 'evil' because of her duty as a disciple to a blind raging woman.

Hey, you forgot to mention Cheng Kun.
    From a respectable teacher this man changed into an ignoble monster who turned the jianghu in HSDS upside down after his younger martial sister expiated her crimes of adultery and unintentional indirect homicide by committing suicide in front of the corpse of her husband, the 33rd Chief of Ming Cult.

Another name is Wu Sangui (DOMD), a real historic figure.
    Upon hearing that Li Zicheng had taken over his favorite concubine Chen Yuanyuan, Wu got annoyed, he opened the Shanhai Pass and surrendered his army to the Manchu soldiers. This act led to the final destruction of the Ming Empire.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 10-05-08 at 08:16 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

ZZR, but it was her that kept HSDS interesting
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

In fiction or real life, people who do stupid or evil things as a result of love deserve whatever bad things end up happening to them.

I don't have very much sympathy for such people, real or imaginary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    In fiction or real life, people who do stupid or evil things as a result of love deserve whatever bad things end up happening to them.

I don't have very much sympathy for such people, real or imaginary.
    I guess I'm seeing it differently.

ZZR had ZWJ until ZM came around snatching him. ZWJ was indecisive and went as far as marrying her. What ZZR did was only a fraction of what I would do in return.

My sympathy goes out to all the people that are stubborn with love. Love is blind - we shouldn't be upset with them for such a handicap.

Let me sprinkle some sympathy dust on ya buddy!
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post

ZZR had ZWJ until ZM came around snatching him. ZWJ was indecisive and went as far as marrying her. What ZZR did was only a fraction of what I would do in return.

My sympathy goes out to all the people that are stubborn with love. Love is blind - we shouldn't be upset with them for such a handicap.
    I can't agree with that. Most people must endure a broken heart or two along the way in life. I don't see that it gives anyone carte blanche justification to ruin other people's lives.

Yao Yue was pretty evil.

Let me sprinkle some sympathy dust on ya buddy!
    I'm currently reading HSDS and it seems that Wuji lovd ZM alot more than ZZR but because she was ruthless and sneaky also the fact that she was Mongolian and he thought that she killed his cousin.
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang ( : View Post
    I'm currently reading HSDS and it seems that Wuji lovd ZM alot more than ZZR but because she was ruthless and sneaky also the fact that she was Mongolian and he thought that she killed his cousin.
    Speaking solely on ancient time standards, what gives for ZWJ to see one, like one.

I hope there is an agreement that he led ZZR on throughout the story until the day he ditched her at the wedding banquet. So perhaps he was brainwashed to think ZM killed Chu Er but what about the other 2/3 of the story.

I don't think she was ever evil but just irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I can't agree with that. Most people must endure a broken heart or two along the way in life. I don't see that it gives anyone carte blanche justification to ruin other people's lives.
    Well, I don't think people back then had the opportunity to date around. You can't expect all girls to take it lightly like RYY. ZM was just as evil stepping in ruining things. I don't see anyone hating on her! Yeah, she got ZWJ so she didn't go irrational but she got the better half of the bargain.

I seriously see ZZR as the victim here! If I had some sort of extreme martial power, I'd take my piggy cage and sink ZM in the Atlantic Ocean and make ZWJ witness the whole scene. (ok, maybe not that mean).

Speaking solely on ancient time standards, what gives for ZWJ to see one, like one.
    b/c they allowed polygamy?
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    b/c they allowed polygamy?
    Ok you got me there ... wish he would just take them all then!!!!! why leave out my poor persian kitty and zzr?

Ok you got me there ... wish he would just take them all then!!!!! why leave out my poor persian kitty and zzr?
    In fact in the book Wuji had a dream that he married all of them. I don't think that ZM would be too happy with that. Maybe I'm wrong though because ZM loves him so much that she was risked her life trying to save him a couple of times and once she even was seriously injured in an attempt to save his reputation. Zhiruo doesn't deserve Wuji and I don't think that Xiao Zhao's allowed to get married because I think that she is a Holy Maiden of the Persian Ming Sect.
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang ( : View Post
    No Wuji only realised at the end that ZM was the one. Throughout the novel he never showed a clear preference, he was just nice and loved the company of the girl he was currently with. In the end ZZR was equally sneaky and ruthless. The difference was, ZM was willing to give up that ruthlessless for ZWJ, ZZR wanted both.

ZM was just as evil stepping in ruining things. I don't see anyone hating on her! Yeah, she got ZWJ so she didn't go irrational but she got the better half of the bargain.

I seriously see ZZR as the victim here! If I had some sort of extreme martial power, I'd take my piggy cage and sink ZM in the Atlantic Ocean and make ZWJ witness the whole scene. (ok, maybe not that mean).
    ZM stepping in foiling ZZR's plan? Why wouldn't a sane girl do that? She was framed, she was dispatched, her love is going to the woman who did that, her love's relatives were/are going to be killed. Even if you are watching from the sideline, how can you bear watching ZWJ marry the very person who 'killed' his cousin and attempt to murder his godfather.

With regards to ZM screwing with wulin - that's her job as much as HR defending Xiang Yang.

ZZR is the victim of only MJ and her duty to serve her. But remember ZZR has a decent brain with decent judgement skills, so she can blame herself for following those orders.

I don't what's wrong with see one, like one. Must you only appreciate and fall in love with one person? ZWJ was just a loving and nice person, happen to meet 4 excellent choices. ZWJ had brief, meaningful encounters with all of them; and they keep reappearing throughout the novel.

I think that he is deeply in love with ZM in a lot of the book. Even when he thought that she was a murderous traitor he couldn't help loving her.
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post

ZM stepping in foiling ZZR's plan? Why wouldn't a sane girl do that? She was framed, she was dispatched, her love is going to the woman who did that, her love's relatives were/are going to be killed. Even if you are watching from the sideline, how can you bear watching ZWJ marry the very person who 'killed' his cousin and attempt to murder his godfather.

With regards to ZM screwing with wulin - that's her job as much as HR defending Xiang Yang.

ZZR is the victim of only MJ and her duty to serve her. But remember ZZR has a decent brain with decent judgement skills, so she can blame herself for following those orders.

I don't what's wrong with see one, like one. Must you only appreciate and fall in love with one person? ZWJ was just a loving and nice person, happen to meet 4 excellent choices. ZWJ had brief, meaningful encounters with all of them; and they keep reappearing throughout the novel.
    I still heart my ZZR and hate ZM. I really see ZZR as the victim here because she really had a kind heart and everything developed when ZM came in and ruined things.

The only difference b/w ZWJ and WXB is: ZWJ did not marry all of them but WXB did. I just see ZWJ as an indecisive fool that's easily manipulated. Wish he had more of an EQ!

Firstly, what kind of kind heart did ZZR have when she killed one of her lover rivals and frame another for murder and stealing? Not to mention she tried to killed XX and two martial uncles of ZWJ whatever their names are as well. If ZZR didn't have the seed of evil in her already no one else could force her to do such disgusting things.

Second, ZM on the contrary started off as a wicked enemy in the eyes of Han Chinese people but her heart grew kinder and kinder since the day she'd met ZWJ at the Green Willow manor. She even didn't do anything bad to ZZR when the latter was being imprisoned at the Wan An pagoda. Really how could ZM ruin things when in fact she saved the day for almost everyone else many times? Well, I'm not gonna list the sacrifices that ZM made to ZWJ as such a list will be darn long.

Furthermore, though ZM was the last girl that ZWJ met, before he met her he hadn't been in love with anyone, so what's wrong with ZM rivalling with the other three girls for his love? ZWJ in most of the time of HSDS was single and available, for God's sake. It wasn't like ZM flirted with ZZR's husband or such. It was a free for all competition in which ZM was the sole winner.

And lastly, comparing ZWJ to WXB is a big blasphemy. WXB was a disgusting serial rapist and an ignoble scoundrel who only wanted to possess, he didn't love his wife. ZWJ is different. Though he was indecisive and had romance relationships with almost all the girls he knew but at the end of the day he was still able to realize that he only loved ZM.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 10-05-08 at 09:49 PM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong View Post
    Firstly, what kind of kind heart did ZZR have when she killed one of her lover rivals and frame another for murder and stealing? Not to mention she tried to killed XX and two martial uncles of ZWJ whatever their names are as well. If ZZR didn't have the seed of evil in her already no one else could force her to do such disgusting things.

Second, ZM on the contrary started off as a wicked enemy in the eyes of Han Chinese people but her heart grew kinder and kinder since the day she'd met ZWJ at the Green Willow manor. She even didn't do anything bad to ZZR when the latter was being imprisoned at the Wan An pagoda. Really how could ZM ruin things when in fact she saved the day for almost everyone else many times? Well, I'm not gonna list the sacrifices that ZM made to ZWJ as such a list will be darn long.

Furthermore, though ZM was the last girl that ZWJ met, before he met her he hadn't been in love with anyone, so what's wrong with ZM rivalling with the other three girls for his love? ZWJ in most of the time of HSDS was single and available, for God's sake. It wasn't like ZM flirted with ZZR's husband or such. It was a free for all competition in which ZM was the sole winner.

And lastly, comparing ZWJ to WXB is a big blasphemy. WXB was a disgusting serial rapist and an ignoble scoundrel who only wanted to possess, he didn't love his wife. ZWJ is different. Though he was indecisive and had romance relationships with almost all the girls he knew but at the end of the day he was still able to realize that he only loved ZM.
    I realize the wuxia fans are quite passionate about their heroes. I heart ZZR and that same love isn't shared with many!

1) ZZR was never irrational until ZWJ lead her on and decided to drop her when he saw better.

2) ZM did not get KINDER until ZWJ officially expressed "interest" in her. She freakin caged up the Sect Leaders and persuaded them forcefully to showcase their respective superior stance. Is that what you call a kind heart? Of course she didn't do anything mean to ZZR once she got WJ's acceptance but prior to that, she wanted to leave a few marks on her face.

3) Single and available? He promised Zhu Er in the very beginning. Is that what you call single and available?! Simply hilarious. He wanted to keep all the girls within arms length until he finally decided which one he wanted.

4) Yes WXB is beyond despicable but ZWJ isn't that much better. So you think it's perfectly okay to lead ZZR on until he made his final decision? Yes, ZZR was stupid for only loving ZWJ and never laid eyes on Song Qing Shu.
    Last edited by pandamao; 10-05-08 at 10:03 PM.