Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Beyond the Realm of Conscience 《宮心計》

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I think this is scriptwriter and costume department's fault. The leads did not have deep story to work with.
    Agree. I was not much of a fan of 'War and Beauty'. I thought it was too much scheming and it become kinda tiring. But, after watching this series, I realise how good is 'War and Beauty'. This series plot is pretty shallow.

And it's kinda ridiculous everyone in the palace go out of their way to help Sam Hou except the 2 big evil. I know the series want to bring out the message that when you do good you will heap good. But, it's unbelievable how important Sam Hou is.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Kou Hin Yeung is one of the most boring male leads I've seen. Is it the fault of the actor or the character? Can any other actor make Kou Hin Yeung interesting?
    Last edited by kidd; 03-30-10 at 09:10 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

"Kou Hin Yeung" character was also probably written poorly but I think its the actor here. His whole repetitoire was smile, flip hair, look at camera, gaze at Sam Hou, blank look, sad face. He showed very little wit and urgency that would make him the emperor's most important person.

For example, I think Raymond Lam would be able to show some sly humor in his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Kou Hin Yeung is one of the most boring male leads I've seen. Is it the fault of the actor or the character? Can any other actor make Kou Hin Yeung interesting?
    Every time I saw Koh Hin Yeung the word "Ken" came to mind. Amidst all the barbies in the show there has to be a token Ken or two. Or a Bow to all the She-Ras..

I love the theme song! So awesome.

Thank god!! Tavia was there to save the show!! Her acting was good, I really liked her Yiu Kam Ling and understood why she became evil like that.
    As for Charmaine Sheh...OH GOD!! Lau Sam Ho was BORING!! And it wasn't a role for Charmaine...Charmaine is faker than always when it's time to play the "gentle" and "nice" girl. Lau Sau Ho was just too perfect....but she was very annoying too...
    The love story between Charmaine and Kevin was just BORING.
    The series will be better if Lau Sam Ho can at least defend herself? It was dam boring when it was only Kam Ling who doesn't stop doing bad things, and Lau Sam Ho being the nice girl and get rewarded for her good heart...
    If good people really get rewarded, Lau Sam Ho's mother won't have died...

This is one of the most overrated series of 2009, not sure why everyone likes it so much (I guess they really like the cast?) The plot was nothing remarkable. War and Beauty is much better.

Tavia's character made me laugh. Sure, it's a breakthrough performance for Tavia, but her character is just completely psycho and unrealistic (especially her transition from being good to evil). Kevin Cheng's character is so useless. Charmaine's character is boring (but her character in the last episode was wonderful). Hilariously cliched ending. And the scriptwriting is bad... I was glad that this drama didn't win any awards, lol.

Now that some time has passed, I can truly appreciate BtRoC for all the sight gags and parodies that appeared in Can't Buy Me Love. Without one, you cannot truly appreciate the other.