View Poll Results: Which one do you -like- the most?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xiaozhao

38 38.38%
  • Zhou Zhiruo

10 10.10%
  • Yin Li (Zhu'er)

6 6.06%
  • Zhao Min

45 45.45%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which of Zhang Wuji's women do you -like- the most?

My favorite and the one that I like the most is Xiaozhao

So I'm reading the HSDS translation right now and absolutely hating ZZR!

Spoilers but I'm not bothering with spoiler tags here because you probably know about this scene even if you are only a casual fan of HSDS:

She just completely framed ZM and tried to kill Yin Li and made ZWJ promise over and over and over again to kill ZM.

Zhao Min! Love her. I can't believe Zhao Min is losing to XiaoZhao by 1 vote! Come on Zhao min fans.
    XiaoZhao is a nice girl but I honestly don't find her character interesting (personality wise) even though her background, specifically her origin and parent's, were pretty interesting. Xiao Zhao may be the prettiest out of the four because she is exotic for being mix but zhao min has her own unique unmatched beauty and she is much more interesting than Xiao Zhao. Sorry Xiao Zhao fans. My vote goes to Zhao Min!

I still think Chingmy Yau's cute feisty Xiaozhao is more interesting than novel Xiaozhao.
    Last edited by PJ; 12-31-10 at 10:07 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Xiaozhao, but only because Florence Tan was hot!

ZZR!!!!! zzr!!!! (need more wording to post)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I still think Chingmy Yau's cute feisty Xiaozhao is more interesting than novel Xiaozhao.
    I agree with you lol. She was so cute...actually I like Chingmy Yau in general. Her XZ was feisty but still really endearing and adorable...must be her face. It's also really hard to dislike a character like XZ...she doesn't do anything to anyone.
    I like me.

So sad Xiao Zhao is winning by one vote. My favorite character in JY Universe is Zhao Min. She is beautiful, funny, intelligent, and cunning. She is PERFECTION! I know she disrespected ZSF earlier, but it her job. You can't really say ZWJ disrespected the 3 Du Monks because he was just trying to save his godfather (Not a strong example, but you get my point). Anyway, she repented and apologized and even gave up everything she had for ZWJ. I don't get how she gets so much hatred when OYF is always pitied.

As for Xiao Zhao, although she is very nice, her personality is boring! All she does is say "yes" to everything to ZWJ says. It would be terrible if ZWJ ended up with XZ. He is an indecisive and easy-to-manipulate man. He needs someone that is positive and sure of what they're doing. Someone who is willing to correct his mistakes for him and to confirm his choices, but also can take care of themselves. XZ is a nice and always-ready-to-help servant. She can be pleasing to look at, but imagine her always nodding and smiling. Like PJ said, it most parts of the story, you forget that she's even there.
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuet Thi View Post
    So sad Xiao Zhao is winning by one vote
    Zats because I voted for her by mistake!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Zhao Min...period!

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Almost anybody would be more interesting than novel XiaoZhao!
    Come on, Zhao Min must have more fans than this! Why is she not winning by miles?
    Being smart, capable, and funny isn't enough!?
    Let's review the other options:
    XiaoZhao, who is boring and aspires to become a servant. Yeah, keep aiming high, girl.
    Yin Li, whom I sympathize with, but, you know, she's crazy by the end of the book... yeah, sort of a drawback...
    Zhou ZhiRuo, (who would definitely be my favorite character if it weren't for Zhao Min :P), who is ambitious, plotting, and, for most of the book, evil.
    欲取鸣琴弹,恨无知音赏。~孟浩然

Quote Originally Posted by HuangRong View Post
    Almost anybody would be more interesting than novel XiaoZhao!
    Come on, Zhao Min must have more fans than this! Why is she not winning by miles?
    Being smart, capable, and funny isn't enough!?
    Let's review the other options:
    XiaoZhao, who is boring and aspires to become a servant. Yeah, keep aiming high, girl.
    Yin Li, whom I sympathize with, but, you know, she's crazy by the end of the book... yeah, sort of a drawback...
    Zhou ZhiRuo, (who would definitely be my favorite character if it weren't for Zhao Min :P), who is ambitious, plotting, and, for most of the book, evil.
    I totally agree with you on this. I'm surprised on how many people like Xiao Zhao in this forum because no one that I know outside Spcnet really cares about Xiao Zhao. Even Yin Li and Zhou Zhirou are far more interesting than her. I'd rather read about someone that's evil and manipulative than someone who's kind but has no interesting qualities.

Imagine her on a date. "What would you like to eat, dear?" "Anything, I don't mind." "Where would you like to go?" "Anywhere you want to go."
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

My choices fluctuate. Before I came to this forum, I like ZZR. To me, since a promise is made, ZWJ must marry her. I may have liked ZZR because I pitied her.

Coming to this forum, I have many great email exchanges with Green Destiny (oldies will know her). She managed to change my views of ZM. Someone who gave up everything to be with the man she loved.

Today, I go for XZ. I like XZ because of its demure nature, willingness to leave for Persia against her wish to save everyone.

Who knows? One day, I will go for Yin-er. I knew my good friend kidd loves her because of her craziness if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    My choices fluctuate. Before I came to this forum, I like ZZR. To me, since a promise is made, ZWJ must marry her. I may have liked ZZR because I pitied her.
    I *don't* pity her because she wrested that promise out of Cheung Mo Gei through bad faith and false pretenses. A promise acquired through deception and manipulation is *not* a promise that merits being honored.

Chow Chi Yerk got what she deserved.

For me it's a tie between Ady An's Zhao Min and Gao Yuanyuan's Zhou Zhiruo. Ady's Zhao Min was pretty much the perfect ally, friend and lover, while Gao's ZZR invoked a pity I never felt for the character before. It wasn't a condescending pity, but one which stemmed from knowing that with a kind word and support from just a single friend, she would have turned out much better than she was doomed to end up, one who could easily have deserved Zhang Wuji on merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    For me it's a tie between Ady An's Zhao Min and Gao Yuanyuan's Zhou Zhiruo. Ady's Zhao Min was pretty much the perfect ally, friend and lover, while Gao's ZZR invoked a pity I never felt for the character before. It wasn't a condescending pity, but one which stemmed from knowing that with a kind word and support from just a single friend, she would have turned out much better than she was doomed to end up, one who could easily have deserved Zhang Wuji on merit.
    Yes, I like this GYY's ZZR. She seems to be a victim of circumstances. I like Florence's XZ even more. Up to today, I dislike zwj for a simple reason. zwj knows that xz does not want to leave. Being a friend, master, or whatever, what xz wants to hear is very simple, "I promise to go to Persia to bring you back". If that happens, will there be a big war between China's Ming and Persia's Ming? Or zm will get very jealous and leave zwj?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Yes, I like this GYY's ZZR. She seems to be a victim of circumstances. I like Florence's XZ even more. Up to today, I dislike zwj for a simple reason. zwj knows that xz does not want to leave. Being a friend, master, or whatever, what xz wants to hear is very simple, "I promise to go to Persia to bring you back". If that happens, will there be a big war between China's Ming and Persia's Ming? Or zm will get very jealous and leave zwj?
    I loved Xiao Zhao as well - especially Florence, because she was exceptionally cute and arguably the most beautiful Xiao Zhao I've seen - those Hatsune Miku twintails must have some charm to them.

Contrary to what some people wrote about Xiao Zhao - being bland, aspiring to be a maid, boring etc.. I think she's actually much deeper than that. I think if she genuinely believed she had a chance to be THE woman in Zhang Wuji's life, she would have done everything she could have to win the love triangle rather than be contented with a servant's role. However, she was smart enough to realise that Zhang Wuji really loved Zhao Min the most (probably before he himself even realised it), and she also realised that Zhao Min - who she rightly felt wasn't as bad as she seemed - loved Zhang Wuji deeply in return. If she had a vicious or selfish streak in her, she could probably have driven a wedge between the two of them, but her love for Zhang Wuji was so strong that she wanted the best for him, and what would make him the happiest. She did all she could to ensure that they had no bad air between them - sadly she was no longer around after the events of Sacred Snake Island, or else she would definitely have stood up for Zhao Min, or at the every least have enough suspicion to carry out an investigation of her own. Even Zhao Min liked her and respected her (at least in some of the adaptations) and knew that this girl, although she loved Wuji with all her heart, was never going to be a rival, but a close friend of the two of them who could be trusted to do the right thing for Wuji's happiness. When Xiao Zhao left, Wuji (and probably Zhao Min too) lost the one girl he/she could trust unconditionally.

Was she weak and boring? I think she was smart enough to know right from wrong, good enough to not resort to dirty tricks to get what she wanted, streetwise enough to read the situation and gauge her chances, and having decided that she was never going to get Wuji without betraying him, her friends and her ideals, she resigned herself to make them all as happy as she could. She would be the one taken for granted, the one who would facilitate everyone else's happiness, and she would, as their friend, share in that joy and happiness. There's nothing weak about that, in fact I think it takes far more strength than most people could ever have.
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 05-14-12 at 05:39 AM.

Well said, Ian. clap clap

Couldn't agree more with Ian. Xiao Zhao is elegant and intelligent, but subtle and doesn't show off like Zhao Min.

- Zhao Min wondered how such a young 'servant' like Xiao Zhao used 8 trigrams formation to lead the poisoned Ming Sect defend against the Yuan Dynasty soldiers. It happened when ZWJ went to get the antidote for his Ming Sect people after their 1st meeting with Zhao Min, and Zhao Min asked his people to capture the poisoned Ming Sect people. Xiao Zhao has leadership skills, not so many people know because they cannot read between the lines.

- Xie Xun said, Xiao Zhao is the one who has the highest level inner-power between all 4 girls.

- Xiao Zhao did not lower herself into the cat-fight like other girls, instead she sacrificed herself to save other girls, her competitors. Nothing more elegant than that.

Zhao Min is fit for ZWJ. But ZWJ is not good enough for Xiao Zhao. She's above both of them and all of the girls.

it's still the same score. 35-35.