Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Hmm, just a thought. But I thought Shu Chang can do a pretty good job as almost any character in HSDS. She's one of the most versatile actress out there and is cast as Jian Ning in DOMD now.

In DGSD, she acted as Tian Shan Tong Lao at age 14/15, and Wan ru in Xiao Zhuang Epic and Xiaoyu in Bao Lian Deng.

I'd like her either as Zhao Min or Xiaozhao. I think whoever gets to act as Xiaozhao will get a break, since like GX has always been a popular character.

I don't think LYF will be in future ZJZ productions because her agent has said with XLN, she has reached a peak in ZJZ adapations and wouldn't act in future adaptations because it's unlikely she could surpass her performance as XLN. So,, if that's OK, could we use more time to discuss possiblilties of other actresses, rather than LYF.

Personally, I think she did a great job as XLN, a bit different but still good. Anyway, I don't think I'd like every XLN to have the same feel. Her fighting scenes are beautiful to watch. Pls note this is coming from someone who appreciates Wuxia, but is not a Jin Yong novel fanatic. In fact, I've never read any of his books.

I feel for chemistry, HXM has put a lot of effort in, but LYF can still do a bit more job in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    Hmm, just a thought. But I thought Shu Chang can do a pretty good job as almost any character in HSDS. She's one of the most versatile actress out there and is cast as Jian Ning in DOMD now.

In DGSD, she acted as Tian Shan Tong Lao at age 14/15, and Wan ru in Xiao Zhuang Epic and Xiaoyu in Bao Lian Deng.

I'd like her either as Zhao Min or Xiaozhao. I think whoever gets to act as Xiaozhao will get a break, since like GX has always been a popular character.

I don't think LYF will be in future ZJZ productions because her agent has said with XLN, she has reached a peak in ZJZ adapations and wouldn't act in future adaptations because it's unlikely she could surpass her performance as XLN. So,, if that's OK, could we use more time to discuss possiblilties of other actresses, rather than LYF.

Personally, I think she did a great job as XLN, a bit different but still good. Anyway, I don't think I'd like every XLN to have the same feel. Her fighting scenes are beautiful to watch. Pls note this is coming from someone who appreciates Wuxia, but is not a Jin Yong novel fanatic. In fact, I've never read any of his books.

I feel for chemistry, HXM has put a lot of effort in, but LYF can still do a bit more job in that department.
    i can bet that SC will not get the role as ZM or ZZR. She could pull off the role but just doesnt have the right looks. She'll end up being XZ.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    i can bet that SC will not get the role as ZM or ZZR. She could pull off the role but just doesnt have the right looks. She'll end up being XZ.
    Hey thanks, Xiaozhao is good enough and is a great role for her, that is, if she's considered and get the part. She's very sweet/spritely in an innocent way and she touches people.

Perhaps, XZ is the best role for her.

SC for Ah-Li.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

SC will steal the show playing any one of the four main girls

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    SC will steal the show playing any one of the four main girls
    to you yeah but majority will think otherwise. majority will only care for zm/zzr.

to you yeah but majority will think otherwise. majority will only care for zm/zzr.
    depends who the other cast is. If LYF is there, people obviously care more for her, although it will still depend on the roles. When i say steal the show, what i mean is that when she's onscreen, she'll be the most amazing thing there. Even in TLBB and Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi, Shu Chang really stood out in her scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    depends who the other cast is. If LYF is there, people obviously care more for her, although it will still depend on the roles. When i say steal the show, what i mean is that when she's onscreen, she'll be the most amazing thing there. Even in TLBB and Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi, Shu Chang really stood out in her scenes.
    it depend on the roles, people usually like the adventerous/chivalrous/outgoing/energetic roles.

it depend on the roles, people usually like the adventerous/chivalrous/outgoing/energetic roles.
    I would definitely see it if LYF is in it lol and if she's not, I would still see cos I like the character of XM. After watching the 03 version, I can't say much about ZZR cos I didn't like her even though she's one of the main characters. It was like she's destined to lead a life of a nun. I felt pity for XZ and glad that she chose to go with her mom cos she's never got together with ZWJ. I have no complaint with the ending, in fact I like it very much. thanks JY hehe
    be happy

Quote Originally Posted by aiza11
    I would definitely see it if LYF is in it lol and if she's not, I would still see cos I like the character of XM. After watching the 03 version, I can't say much about ZZR cos I didn't like her even though she's one of the main characters. It was like she's destined to lead a life of a nun. I felt pity for XZ and glad that she chose to go with her mom cos she's never got together with ZWJ. I have no complaint with the ending, in fact I like it very much. thanks JY hehe
    but '03 wasnt faithful to the novel. we'll see zjz's production, he'll try to be more faithful to the novel than the '03 one.

it's hard for the new leads to beat alyssa/gyy though...these two ladies are pretty good.

but '03 wasnt faithful to the novel. we'll see zjz's production, he'll try to be more faithful to the novel than the '03 one.

it's hard for the new leads to beat alyssa/gyy though...these two ladies are pretty good.
    What do u mean by not faithful to the novel? since I didn't read the novel. is there different ending or something? agreed...Alyssa and GYY did a really great job. is there any new actresses who are up to the challenge?
    be happy

Quote Originally Posted by aiza11
    What do u mean by not faithful to the novel? since I didn't read the novel. is there different ending or something? agreed...Alyssa and GYY did a really great job. is there any new actresses who are up to the challenge?
    i dont think any actresses out their that's on par with these two ladies. alyssa/gyy are one of the top notch actresses in China.

I think SC can play any of the 4 leading roles... Hey, she may get the role of ZM or ZZR, you never know.. I wouldn't mind her getting the role of XZ though since I really like that character and believe that SC will shine in any role that she gets.I don't think LYF will be in here since she will be attending school. I also want to see other actresses since LYF seems to be everywhere.....

To crazylife, Do you have something against SC??? It seems like you do, since you always put her down....

Yea, the 03 version was not accurate to the novel. I didn't really enjoy it much because of that. I just hope this one will be more accurate...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

In the 03 version, I don't really care that much for ZM or ZZR. Instead I care for XZ even after she left. After she went to Persia, there's only ZM left to watch since she's the one who'll end up with ZWJ and I like Kitty Lai's version. Don't think Alyssa was as good as Kitty, but GYY is a good ZZR, not as hateful and has balance of good and evil.

That's either XZ or ZM. ZZR is the more quiet, resilient and less spritely character.

I think all four ladies are good in HSDS 03, but the scenery wasn't good enough and there's still imperfections.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I think SC can play any of the 4 leading roles... Hey, she may get the role of ZM or ZZR, you never know.. I wouldn't mind her getting the role of XZ though since I really like that character and believe that SC will shine in any role that she gets.I don't think LYF will be in here since she will be attending school. I also want to see other actresses since LYF seems to be everywhere.....
    Couldn't agree more.

To crazylife, Do you have something against SC??? It seems like you do, since you always put her down....
    Actually I never felt crazylife is putting her down. He's just stating that he doesn't think SC is pretty enough for leading roles like GYY, LYF, YM etc and has stated that producers wouldn't choose SC because her selling power isn't as high. He has recognized SC's acting talents.

Someone also wrote that while SC is pretty, her looks are not striking enough for people to see her beauty, which is kinda true. SC's face is more like a little sister, simple person, instead of the star-studded celebrity.

SC's still young. Alyssa, GYY and a few others had been out there for several years before getting recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    Couldn't agree more.

Actually I never felt crazylife is putting her down. He's just stating that he doesn't think SC is pretty enough for leading roles like GYY, LYF, YM etc and has stated that producers wouldn't choose SC because her selling power isn't as high. He has recognized SC's acting talents.

Someone also wrote that while SC is pretty, her looks are not striking enough for people to see her beauty, which is kinda true. SC's face is more like a little sister, simple person, instead of the star-studded celebrity.

SC's still young. Alyssa, GYY and a few others had been out there for several years before getting recognized.
    Yeah, you're more reasonable than other ladies. Or maybe you can explain it better than I . LOL!

Well, hopefully these ladies can understand me like you do but yet they might not chose to do so.

I like how you describe SC's face. That's how I see her.
    Last edited by crazylife123; 07-15-06 at 11:54 AM.

Yeah, you're more reasonable than other ladies. Or maybe you can explain it better than I . LOL!

Well, hopefully these ladies can understand me like you do but yet they might not chose to do so.

I like how you describe SC's face. That's how I see her.
    we just know u like LYF, that is about it
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

i read through this whole thread and all i saw were arguments.well anyway,why r some of u guys so unwilling to see hxm and lyf again? well,at least i cant waiit 2 see them again...lol xxx
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3