Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Speaking of liking to reuse actors/actresses, what do people think of Eva Huang in one of the lead roles?

I'm unsure where she would fit in though I did like her wuxia look in World's Finest.

Ady An all the way!

I really hope she doesn't miss out on this series. Her other series were good but she had a knack for turning down the series that would have made her more popular with entertainment (like Tian Wai Fei Xian. I can't believe she rejected that role! She had fabulous chemistry with Hu Ge and their collaboration was such a success!). But looking through the news, it says her health is an issue and she's resting. Health is important, but I will be so disappointed if she can't take part in HSDS. After her performance in Chinese Paladin, she's become one of my favorite actresses. (Still reeling from that fact that she didn't end up with Hu Ge AND she died.)

I agree with Sun Fei Fei as ZZR. With Sun Fei Fei, no matter what character she's playing (whether evil or good) I always want her to end up with the guy. I don't know why. Like in the new BXJ. She should have ended up with Bobby (though I know many will disagree and say Eva's perfect for him). But with Ady in this show, I'll be fine not rooting for SFF.

Hm. ZWJ. I like Wallace Chung and Hu Ge. No specific reasons, actually. They just look the part to me.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    Vincent Jiao as Yang Xiao would be PERFECT! And yeah, Yang Mi suits Xiao Zhao the best. I really want Xu Qing to be Yin Susu, has been my wish since I watched XAJH.

Can't imagine who'd be perfect for Zhao Min now, since I really liked Alyssa Chia's portrayal.
    Sorry, but I thought Alyssa's Zhao Min was too much, too exavagrating (misspelled? ) . Yes, Alyssa was cute & very young for her age when she was in that series, but some of her facial expressions looked like some Japanese manga.

I really, really hope Ady could be ZM, pray God for her to get get better soon. It would be a shame if she miss this opportunity. Another candidate for ZM could be Ruby Lin (she & Alyssa looks alike too ) . I don't find LBB to be pretty, she's cute though.
    Yeah, SFF would be pretty for ZZR

Is there any more news about this version? I really hope it's not just an "idea" but more confirmed than that; it would really suck to get my hopes up and not have anything to expect later.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme de la top View Post
    Is there any more news about this version? I really hope it's not just an "idea" but more confirmed than that; it would really suck to get my hopes up and not have anything to expect later.
    There has been a couple of reports here and there that ZJZ is confirmed doing this before he starts on "Journey to the West". Apparently he's got the funding and agreements to shoot HSDS already but there's still preparation work like casting and arranging filming slots and locations. The last i read HSDS is going to officially start filming in September this year.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

September? That seems ages away. If they do start then, it'll take at least 3 months of filming. Even more. And then the time to edit and organize the scenes will take another couple of months. So by the time we actually get to see it, it's gonna be like September 2009. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme de la top View Post
    September? That seems ages away. If they do start then, it'll take at least 3 months of filming. Even more. And then the time to edit and organize the scenes will take another couple of months. So by the time we actually get to see it, it's gonna be like September 2009. Yikes.
    Even if ZJZ does start shooting within the next month, I bet the series will still be delayed and get released next year. It would actually be quite a miracle if ZJZ is able to start filming and finish everything for an official release within a year. He usually takes more than that.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

if they start filming september 2008, i think we're gonna see it only in 2010. somehow all the mainland series i've been observing has taken a very long time to be released. for example, the new loch and domd from 2006 to now.

hmm, out of the ones mentioned, i think lbb is gorgeous. and sff can look really beautiful and delicate in the right clothing and make-up. i actually would like to have a zm that i'm gonna root for rather than feeling like zzr overshadows zm. well, i guess it depends on how these girls are going to be portrayed in this version. i know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so this is only my opinion. if lbb is zm and sff is zzr, i would think it is a more equal fight in terms of looks and classiness. i really like ady in the shows i've seen her in, but if she's zm and sff is zzr, i think ady's looks would pale in comparison. maybe cause sff looks better in the ancient style of clothing. i think lbb would be great for yin susu too. a beautiful, strong, slightly eccentric, loving, suffering, mom, dying woman role is piece of cake for her. but that's precisely why i don't think she would even consider the role if it's offered to her. no challenge and it's not exactly a leading lady role, more of a guest star. yang mi for xiao zhao sounds good. or maybe yang bu hui or her mom. on the other hand, i kinda want to see some new faces. well, maybe not exactly first-time acting type of new, but just people i don't really know but that would fit the role perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiagurl View Post
    if they start filming september 2008, i think we're gonna see it only in 2010. somehow all the mainland series i've been observing has taken a very long time to be released. for example, the new loch and domd from 2006 to now.
    well loch only took forever b/c hu ge was in that accident and it took him a while to recover. but thankfully its coming out soon

I think it really depends on the series, but yea like BXJ 2007 took a long time to release as well. Also, the LOCH with Hu Ge was not produced by ZJZ if I remember correctly. I hope this new HSDS will be accurate to the novel and have a great cast like BXJ did...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I think it really depends on the series, but yea like BXJ 2007 took a long time to release as well. Also, the LOCH with Hu Ge was not produced by ZJZ if I remember correctly. I hope this new HSDS will be accurate to the novel and have a great cast like BXJ did...
    ooh BXJ was SOO good! hehe

OMG I suddenly thought of who I want as Zhang Wu Ji!
    Johnny Chen Long!
    ....for those of you who don't know who he is, NO, I'm not talking about Jackie Chan lol, I'm talking about Wu Lang in Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang.
    I really like him, and he seemed so gullible and innocent in SNYJJ I think he'd be a really good ZWJ.
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Johnny_Chen
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    OMG I suddenly thought of who I want as Zhang Wu Ji!
    Johnny Chen Long!
    ....for those of you who don't know who he is, NO, I'm not talking about Jackie Chan lol, I'm talking about Wu Lang in Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang.
    I really like him, and he seemed so gullible and innocent in SNYJJ I think he'd be a really good ZWJ.
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Johnny_Chen
    umm...NO!
    im sorry, i dont mean to offend u or anything, i just dont like him. at all. dont even know why i dont like him! i just dont. sorry

lol CC, its okay, but I bet I know why.

Is it because you like Yelu Xie (Yuan Hong) a lot? And Wu Lang's just not as suave or cool as him? lol

lol CC, its okay, but I bet I know why.

Is it because you like Yelu Xie (Yuan Hong) a lot? And Wu Lang's just not as suave or cool as him? lol
    well...not really. i do like yelu xie...but not just his character, hes just plain hot chen long...his character was ok...not that great...(especially when he turned into a monk ) and personally i dont find him that cute.

CC: lol Yeah, it annoys me that he turns into a monk at the end poor Guan Hong....but its kinda like Wu Lang to do that if you know what I mean. lol I find it really funny/cute when he stutters as he tries to talk to Guan Hong actually. I never really understood though, how did he fall in love with Guan Hong/why? She's like the opposite of him. Although he's really sweet to her; when she doesn't show up on the mountain for their date instead of getting mad at her he just says "I was so worried you got hurt or something.....well if you're not hurt than thats good" Aww.

CC: lol Yeah, it annoys me that he turns into a monk at the end poor Guan Hong....but its kinda like Wu Lang to do that if you know what I mean. lol I find it really funny/cute when he stutters as he tries to talk to Guan Hong actually. I never really understood though, how did he fall in love with Guan Hong/why? She's like the opposite of him. Although he's really sweet to her; when she doesn't show up on the mountain for their date instead of getting mad at her he just says "I was so worried you got hurt or something.....well if you're not hurt than thats good" Aww.
    i know its so cute! i love their relationship until he abbandons her
    but anyway yeah. i think he was attracted to her because like all the other girls just wanted him and was like always trying to get his attention (remember the time when a girl dropped her handkerchief to see if he would pick it up?) and guan hong was like an exception. she didnt give in to the whole "oh hes yang wu lang and hes so hot etc" stuff. she was the only one that liked talked back to him and stuff and i guess he found it refreshing? idk
    but what im wondering is that in the beginning, they made it look like guan hong was gonna be with ye lu xie, with the flashbacks and the "moments" and everything but somehow she ends up falling for wu lang, not that im complaining

lol yeah, I guess thats why. They're so cute together right now (part i'm watching), as if he abandons her
    I'm really torn as for who GH should choose...I mean, she and Yelu Xie are so interesting to watch when they're together, but she and Wu Lang are super cute together!

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    ooh BXJ was SOO good! hehe
    Maybe it was so good because the budget wasn't very big and ZJZ let someone else handle the project.

lol yeah, I guess thats why. They're so cute together right now (part i'm watching), as if he abandons her
    I'm really torn as for who GH should choose...I mean, she and Yelu Xie are so interesting to watch when they're together, but she and Wu Lang are super cute together!
    well, we all know who she chooses in the end, but i cant help but feel bad for yelu xie.
    what part are you on?
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Maybe it was so good because the budget wasn't very big and ZJZ let someone else handle the project.
    lol. sure, why not? `Xp i dont really care, i just care that it IS good `Xp