Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I think it really depends on the series, but yea like BXJ 2007 took a long time to release as well. Also, the LOCH with Hu Ge was not produced by ZJZ if I remember correctly. I hope this new HSDS will be accurate to the novel and have a great cast like BXJ did...
    Nope, the new LOCH with Hu Ge is produced by Li Guo Li (who also produced Chinese Paladin, Tian Wai Fei Xian, The Yang Family Saga, Tales of Liao Zhai I and II, The Handsome Siblings with Jimmy Lin and Alec Su, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post
    Nope, the new LOCH with Hu Ge is produced by Li Guo Li (who also produced Chinese Paladin, Tian Wai Fei Xian, The Yang Family Saga, Tales of Liao Zhai I and II, The Handsome Siblings with Jimmy Lin and Alec Su, etc...)
    he likes to reuse actors and actresses too, but i dont really mind. i like his actors. hehe

yeah i agree with chinese chik. all of lgl casting are really exception and don't seem like it bit fit their roles perfectly. it's cool tho how the new lotch uses the golden wheel monk from rotch as gengis kahn. didn't zjh produce heaven sword with alex already? i wouldn't mind seeing lgl doing heaven sword and rotch. as long as hu ge is in one of them i'm cool.

Alec's version of HSDS was not produced or directed by ZJZ. Anyhow, I would rather ZJZ than Li Guoli because LGL tends to go for the idolish style and gears his shows towards the teenage audience (with the exception of Book & Sword '02 which i thought was serious and rather well-produced) and we'll end up with a HSDS very similar to Alec's version of HSDS.

ZJZ is more capable of producing a serious and good Wuxia series provided he doesnt get too smart for his own good and he doesnt hire Yu Min to direct this or they'll start playing arty farty and throw in weird ideas/visions like in ROCH. Anyhow, given how ZJZ's main focus for these 2 years is Journey to the West, I hope he wont have enough time to spend on HSDS and we'll probably end up with a good adaptation just like BXJ.

Anyhow, seems like ZJZ is impressed with actress Hu Jing and has invited her to star in the new HSDS as well.
    http://taihainet.com/news/pastime/yl...3/243827.shtml
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 05-04-08 at 11:31 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Hu Jing.... doesn't likes when she play as SRR in CLX.

what character did she play in HSDS?

yeah i understand where you going. but i thinkg guo li's series seems to have that wuxia feel since he/she came from tvb back in the good olden days. like the way the series is recorded, it has that wuxia/tvb feel...zjz series are good and usually looks more epic like lord of the ring type of style. setting, costume, hair style, etc.

so the alex version isn't made by zjz.. seems like his style tho, action scenes, dragon palm etc. that version was pretty good except bad use of cgi in most action scenes, but either then that i don't have nothing bad to say about it. alex n alyssia acted very well. gyy was still beginner so i won't say much.

i won't mind seeing zjz collaborating with lgl using each others actors/actress and such. i think that'll be a good show or something for the next rotch then heaven sword. i mean condor heroes 2008 is on the way, it'll just ruin the story if there isn't return of condor heroes to since heaven sword is right after condor heroes.

ZJZ already produced/directed LOCH and ROCH so HSDS would be a good continum to the string of JY adaptations he has been producing/directing. I hope this HSDS would take on more of his LOCH or BXJ style and less of his ROCH or DOMD style.

Alec's version of HSDS is nice if you're just in for eye candy and cutesy idolish actors but the artistic direction and fighting is very mediocre compared to ZJZ's or even LGL's series such as Book and Sword. The actors did nice jobs though I didnt like Alec and Alyssa's portrayals of the leads much. Too cutesy, taiwanese idol-pop imo. I've yet to really find a really good ZWJ and Gigi Lai still remains my favourite ZM up till date.

Quote Originally Posted by forU4nd1 View Post
    Hu Jing.... doesn't likes when she play as SRR in CLX.

what character did she play in HSDS?
    Hu Jing is a pretty good actress but somehow she didnt shine in CLX. Not only was her acting mediocre (probably also due to characterization of SRR) but she looked mediorce as well, which is disappointing because she looked alot prettier in several of her earlier series. Perhaps she's just aged quite a bit or smth.

I dont know which character she'll play since ZJZ only invited her to star in the series but my guess is one of the female leads given her status. Objectively speaking, Hu Jing acts as well or even better than Ady but I'm not a fan of hers so I would rather see Ady. I can picture her as ZZR as well though I still think SFF suits the role best.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 05-04-08 at 11:35 PM.

Wise Fool

I realized that LGL's series are very colorful (the actors, costumes, sceneries, etc.). This is a stark contrast with some of ZJZ's series (like LOCH), which are darker, in terms of sceneries and music. I, personally, would watch movies produced by both directors - but just to say, the mood is very different. For example, while watching LOCH 03, there was this solemn, serious mood. I did not get this feeling watching the more colorful preview for LOCH 08. Honestly, I would be interested in watching remakes of HSDS from both directors, just not one after another.

It's actually exciting anticipating who would play the respective characters for ZJZ's HSDS. I may be a minority here, but I did not really like Alex's portrayal. And I would not mind Hu Jing in this adaptation...she was not that bad in CLX, considering the plot was pretty bad. Maybe she can play Zhang Wuji's mom or something...
    "Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." - E.B. White

Quote Originally Posted by Rosyiris View Post
    I realized that LGL's series are very colorful (the actors, costumes, sceneries, etc.). This is a stark contrast with some of ZJZ's series (like LOCH), which are darker, in terms of sceneries and music. I, personally, would watch movies produced by both directors - but just to say, the mood is very different. For example, while watching LOCH 03, there was this solemn, serious mood. I did not get this feeling watching the more colorful preview for LOCH 08. Honestly, I would be interested in watching remakes of HSDS from both directors, just not one after another.

It's actually exciting anticipating who would play the respective characters for ZJZ's HSDS. I may be a minority here, but I did not really like Alex's portrayal. And I would not mind Hu Jing in this adaptation...she was not that bad in CLX, considering the plot was pretty bad. Maybe she can play Zhang Wuji's mom or something...
    I do with ZJZ would take a page out of LGL's book and choose some better looking "actors" (the actresses all look very nice. it's the men that needs to look better. kekeke)

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    I do with ZJZ would take a page out of LGL's book and choose some better looking "actors" (the actresses all look very nice. it's the men that needs to look better. kekeke)
    Hu Ge would definitely make a good ZWJ (looks and acting sytle-wise) but i'm slightly tired of seeing him in wuxia series and frankly, he's already playing GJ in LOCH. I'll probably have an overdose if I see him again as ZWJ just like how people got sick of seeing ZJZ repeating LYP and HXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosyiris View Post
    And I would not mind Hu Jing in this adaptation...she was not that bad in CLX, considering the plot was pretty bad. Maybe she can play Zhang Wuji's mom or something...
    Actually I think Hu Jing would make an awesome YSS. She's would come across as slightly too matured to play ZM or ZZR unless they get a matured actor as ZWJ, but not a Lawrence Ng or smth
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 05-04-08 at 11:42 PM.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Hu Ge would definitely make a good ZWJ (looks and acting sytle-wise) but i'm slightly tired of seeing him in wuxia series and frankly, he's already playing GJ in LOCH. I'll probably have an overdose if I see him again as ZWJ just like how people got sick of seeing ZJZ repeating LYP and HXM.
    i'm not a particular fan of ZWJ, i'd rather not see mr. Hu was ZWJ.

although i was refering more to the overall "beauty" of the male casts, mostly the side characters. ZJZ has a few decent looking male leads and the rest of them...it seems like he just picked them randomly from the streets
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 05-05-08 at 01:59 AM.

Hooray! Hu Jing is on my wish-list of actresses to play the role of ZZR... fingers crossed- I actually loved her in Kang Xi Mi Shi, and think she's gorgeous in the latest Chu Liu Xiang. I also feel that her acting is a little deeper than Ady's and hope that this means she can give justice to the complex role that ZZR is. Though I love ZM more, I can see that the role of ZZR is a more demanding one, and so Hu Jing would be fun... oohhh... now if Wallace Chung can only be given the role of ZWJ, then it would be a very interesting relationship tug between her and ZM for me!

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Hooray! Hu Jing is on my wish-list of actresses to play the role of ZZR... fingers crossed- I actually loved her in Kang Xi Mi Shi, and think she's gorgeous in the latest Chu Liu Xiang. I also feel that her acting is a little deeper than Ady's and hope that this means she can give justice to the complex role that ZZR is. Though I love ZM more, I can see that the role of ZZR is a more demanding one, and so Hu Jing would be fun... oohhh... now if Wallace Chung can only be given the role of ZWJ, then it would be a very interesting relationship tug between her and ZM for me!
    um...im not sure if i know hu jing. what other series/movies has she been in? or where else would i know her?

Frankly I don't like ZJZ's film and his style that is bombastic (especially the ROCH 06 - it was bad). HSDS is the wuxia novel that I like most, so I hope this series will be best. About cast I think Chu Ja Hyun will be perfect for ZZR (I 've just finished watching CLX, she was so pretty and a great actress, she made the dual-roles (like ZZR's character) so wonderful). About ZM and ZW, I 've not still thought any actor or actress for these roles, YM plays Xiao Zhao, it's so good, she has a gentle nature. Hu Jing, I don't find she is suitable for any female leads. And I agree that she can play Zhang Wuji's mom, there has been a change in the her acting (it's an interesting character).
    ChineseChik525: you can find Hu Jing in here:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13902

well, now i confuse

i want so many actress become ZM like
    - ady
    - Eva Huang
    - YM
    - VIcki Zhow
    - Ariel
    ZM must one of my selected actress... MUST.. (if only i'm the producer HSDS)

and about Hu ge become ZWJ... oh please... don't..

So much talk about Hu Jing...maybe she can play ZWJ *tongue in cheek*

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    So much talk about Hu Jing...maybe she can play ZWJ *tongue in cheek*
    Hehee... but one of the interesting things about HSDS is that, for me, the lead male character is not the most interesting character (though he's a very sympathetic character and cool as well)- still the complex/cool female characters tend to steal the show. Perhaps one reason you might see more discussion about who will be ZM/ZZR than who will play ZWJ!

sorta tired of eva and hu jing. see them in too much series. i wouldn't mind ady or something. she has that cute but evil look. hu jing, she also played in dicky cheungs taiji prodigey right? wouldn't mind her playing omei girl, fits more of her look.

knowing zjz we will see some of regular castings from his series. i'm more into that both main leads need to have good chemistry, not too old for the role or look old. and fighting scenes have to be epic. i also want to see more variations of the 9 negatives etc n other techniques. i like tvbs version but lawrence ruined it for me. 80s with tony was awesome since his tai chi was very nicely done. alex versions was good besides bad cgi, fighting scenes were like zjz. didn't like costumes n hair styles much tho.

Hehe, Mido.. i Agree with You completely..

and for YanFeng.... I think choosing character ZWJ and ZM that had to be the most Important thing to do.

Director/producer Zhang Jizhong has recently made a trip to Mt Wudang and announced that filming for Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre will most likely commence in September this year. This will be his 7th and final Jinyong adaptation. The script is still in works at the moment and the cast has not been finalized yet.

With regards to the protagonist Zhang Wuji, Zhang Jizhong mentions that the character is the one most difficult to find an actor for though he thinks the most suitable candidate for the character is actor Huang Xiaoming. But Zhang hints that he is unable to get the actor to star in the role for Huang is now famous and hence, concentrating mostly on movies.

Nonetheless, Zhang added that he has a good impression on a couple of young Taiwanese actors and says that he will also be considering actors from Hongkong and Taiwan.

With regards to the female lead Zhao Min, Zhang Jizhong had earlier gave actress Ady An a set of the novels and invited her to star in the series, promising her an important role. Ady has expressed a liking for Zhao Min though Zhang says he thinks she is more of a sweet and gentle beauty and not "tough" enough for a character like Zhao Min; instead, he thinks she's more suitable as Xiao Zhao. Ideally, he wants a Zhao Min who is able to emit the strength and handsomeness like Brigitte Lin's classic performance as Dong Fang Bu Bai in Hongkong movie, "Swordsman II/III".

As for his habit of guest-starring in his own series, Zhang reveals that he will play the role of Prince Ruyang, Zhao Min's father.

Source: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2008-05-28/15592040204.shtml

Wise Fool