Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

^ I think they meant Wallace Chung

Is it possible to cast a Mongolian actress for Zhao Min?

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    Is it possible to cast a Mongolian actress for Zhao Min?
    no self respecting mongolian wants to play a traitor

DZK is too short to play ZWJ, IMO. I don't doubt his acting abilities however as I really enjoyed BXJ.

As much as I dislike to admit this. . .Hu Ge is still my first choice and Yuan Hong my second (based on his past performances, especially from LIAO ZHAI) choice for ZWJ. ZWJ isn't dumb, rather he's just naive. . .kind of similar to the Xu Zhu character from Tian Long Ba Bu. . .
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    We are just fantasizing about the cast. There is really going to be a new adaptation by ZJZ which is expected to start filming in September this year.
    Thanks sunnysnow.

I like this story a lot, so I hope they do a good job. The TVB series which I saw a while back made the lead really dumb which I didn't like. Also, I hope they pick some hotter actresses except the one with the poison fingers.

I like the Jet-Lee movie adaptation. Any one agree on this?
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

Quote Originally Posted by gqonmars2 View Post
    Thanks sunnysnow.

I like this story a lot, so I hope they do a good job. The TVB series which I saw a while back made the lead really dumb which I didn't like. Also, I hope they pick some hotter actresses except the one with the poison fingers.

I like the Jet-Lee movie adaptation. Any one agree on this?
    My favorite adaptation of HSDS is the one with Steve Ma Jing Tao, Cecilia Yip and Kathy Chow Hai Mei. It was long, but it was very well made. Even Jin Yong said that it was his favorite HSDS adaptation.

Talking

I haven't watch the Steven Ma, Cecilia Yip & Kathy Chow version, only parts of it on youtube and I thought it was horrible The acting was so weird, including the costumes. I have to say Cecilia Yip was the least attractive ZM ever, her outfit & hair & acting were weird. Steven Ma's eyes were widen most of the time as it he was surpise at all time or something. I thought Gigi Lai was the prettiest ZM, then Alyssa, then Kitty Lai (my favorite ZM ever) . And I thought that version was the least popular, bc no one talk about it that much.

Interesting idea about a Mongolian playing Zhaomin- though I admit, I'm more interested in a good actress than a culturally relevant one!

Alas, my opinion of the Steve Ma HSDS is also poor- I watched about 90% of it, and it had a good start, but ended up being a mediocre melodrama- excessive amounts of contrived situations meant to maximize the amount of tears, hand-wringing, head-banging etc. combined with what I thought was rather overdone acting made it my least favorite version of HSDS (of the 6 versions I've seen- Adam Cheng, Tony Leung, Steve Ma, Jet Li- movie only, Alex Su and Lawrence Ng.)

Having said all that, I thought Yang Xiao was a huge redeeming factor in this version! The actor, whose name slips my mind, though he is a very famous taiwanese actor, made of Yang Xiao a very debonair, charmingly playful, power, yet loyal and loving person- this is the only version of HSDS when he, and not ZM, was my favorite character!

Jet Li's version of HSDS was a movie, which covers only half the story. As far as I can tell, the planned sequel to give us the 2nd half of the HSDS story never materialized. It was interesting in that it gave us a very very different ZWJ than the book or any other adaptation.

Jet Li's Wuji was ambitious and cunning, only pretending to be naive. I guess its more likely than the idea that Wuji was an "accidental hero"- and it made Wuji and Zhaomin well-matched adversaries. However, all in all, I miss the innocent and trusting Wuji, so I would say that I'm not as enthused about the movie version (moreover, its very hard to squash the complex story into movie-length and loads of cool scenes, and many great characters, were cut or abridges.)

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post
    My favorite adaptation of HSDS is the one with Steve Ma Jing Tao, Cecilia Yip and Kathy Chow Hai Mei. It was long, but it was very well made. Even Jin Yong said that it was his favorite HSDS adaptation.
    I thought this adaptation was said to be the worse? And didn't Yang Pei Pei produced this? I heard Jin Yong banned Yang Pei Pei, coz he dislike every adaptation YPP made.

Pls, correct me if I'm wrong.

I loved Sharla Cheung Man's portrayal as Zhao Min in that Jet Li's movie version

I thought this adaptation was said to be the worse? And didn't Yang Pei Pei produced this? I heard Jin Yong banned Yang Pei Pei, coz he dislike every adaptation YPP made.

I loved Sharla Cheung Man's portrayal as Zhao Min in that Jet Li's movie version
    YPP makes horrible adaptions...the story lines goes through all types of surgical procedures.

though, if you ignore the fact that they were based on JY's novels and look at them as an independent series, the production isn't too bad.

I liked her in there too, but I liked the girl who played Xiao Zhao more (sorry I forgot her name). Too bad they never made the sequel.

But the movie did stream off course a little bit and some characters were changed a little bit, but I still liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by ninavue View Post
    but I liked the girl who played Xiao Zhao more (sorry I forgot her name).
    It's Chingmy Yau Suk Ching (Qiu Shu Zhen).

I read rumours that enough footage was shot for Part 2 of the movie, but it was never assembled into a finished product. Such a pity... I hope they'll release those footage someday.
    Last edited by loislane; 06-09-08 at 11:06 AM.

It's Chingmy Yau Suk Ching (Qiu Shu Zhen).

I read rumours that enough footage was shot for Part 2 of the movie, but it was never assembled into a finished product. Such a pity... I hope they'll release those footage someday.

Yeah, that was her name. I think she was really good in the movie.
    I read some where that they never even got to film the sequel, but if they did, I would like to see some of it.

Yes Yang Pei Pei did produce the Steve Ma Jing Tao's version of HSDS. Jin Yong did state that it was his favorite HSDS adaptation. The one that Jin Yong did not like at all was Yang Pei Pei's ROCH adaptation starring Richie Ren xian Qi and Jacqueline Wu Qian Lian. That was the one where Jin Yong made the comment that how could the person who produced his most favorite adaptation of one of his novels also be the same person who produced the worst. It was because of Yang Pei Pei's more than satisfying adaptation of his HSDS novel that Jin Yong was willing to give her another chance to adapt one more of his novel --- State of Divinity (Xiao Ao Jiang Hu). Unfortunately, after she messed up this one too he banned her for life from adapting any more of his novels into films.

On topic:

Cheng Pei Pei = Mei Jue Shi Tai
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

According to this article: http://arts.ifensi.com/article-142226.html

-"Yi Tian Tu Long Ji" filming will start in the end of September, at Mt. Wudang. The filming at Mt. Wudang will take about 4-months long.

-This will be the last Jin Yong novel adaptation ZJZ produce, in the near future, but he didn't say that he'll never produce JY adaptation again.

-There will be 40 episodes.

- Production cost is 30,000,000 RMB (Lu Ding Ji/Royal Tramp was 40,000,000 RMB with 50 eps)

-This is the first "Yi Tian Tu Long Ji" adaptation that is actually filming at Mt. Wudang for real.

-All actor's lineup news are all rumours, coz they'll only start the Casts Selection in July.

-ZJZ said he's quite worried abt who's gonna act Zhang Wuji, coz he thinks ZWJ is a difficult character to act. His selection of actors will not only from Mainland China, but Taiwan and HK actors are in his list as well.

-As for whether or not Ady An Yixuan will act as Zhao Min or not, the final decision has not been taken yet.

EDITED:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pic4.sdnews.com.cn/NewsImg/2008/5/29/U2223P28T3D2039744F326DT20080528115041.jpg')

The press conference of "Yi Tian Tu Long Ji" announcement was held in May 26th, at an outdoor location at Mt. Wudang, right after Zhang Jizhong watched the Wudang's martial arts performance. ZJZ also said that this adaptation will show the great and the real Wudang's martial arts that none of other adaptations has done before.

=========================

In the book, it was said that the "Seven Heroes of Wudang" is unbeatable, and they have this never-been-used martial art skill, “Zhen Wu Seven Spheres Formation.”. They almost use it, with Yin Susu replacing the 3rd brother... too bad, YSS's secret was revealed earlier^^;;; I'd really like to see the 7 Heroes of Wudang in action, although its not in the book

Since it seems ZJZ will focus much on Wudang, I guess I can expect that his actors selection for Zhang Cuishan's martial arts brothers and master won't be disappointing? Hope so...

I wonder where will the Ming Jiao sect filming location be? I forgot the place's name in english... but is that place really exist in China?
    Last edited by loislane; 06-19-08 at 10:19 AM.

In the book, it was said that the "Seven Heroes of Wudang" is unbeatable, and they have this never-been-used martial art skill, “Zhen Wu Seven Spheres Formation.”. They almost use it, with Yin Susu replacing the 3rd brother... too bad, YSS's secret was revealed earlier^^;;; I'd really like to see the 7 Heroes of Wudang in action, although its not in the book

Since it seems ZJZ will focus much on Wudang, I guess I can expect that his actors selection for Zhang Cuishan's martial arts brothers and master won't be disappointing? Hope so...

I wonder where will the Ming Jiao sect filming location be? I forgot the place's name in english... but is that place really exist in China?
    Thanks for posting this, loislane! That's so cool that they're actually filming at Wudang!

I've only read the graphic novel (up to the point where they stopped publishing the English version) and they called it Ming Rebels Sect in that translation. I don't recall the name of their headquarters' location in the graphic novel, but in the movie Kung-Fu Cult Master it was called Bright Peak.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Can't wait to see the final cast. . .

I believe it is called "BRIGHT SUMMIT" . . .

Oh, ok... thanks, guys! I thought it was Bright Hill, lol.

Just reading some articles again... Not only ZJZ thinks Huang Xiaoming is "the ideal Zhang Wuji", but he also wants HXM to be Sun Wukong in Xi You Ji. LOL, is he crazy?? ZJZ wants HXM to be on his every production?? xD Sounds like a huge fan or sumthin.
    He talked about it already to HXM and he said HXM rejected to act in wuxia series again for the meantime, coz wuxia filming is just too tiring for him. So I guess, HXM will retire from the wulin world for the meantime

Seem like ZJZ feels comfortable working with someone like Li Yapeng and Huang Xiaoming? Thus, casting them as the leads twice in his productions? So there may be chances he'll cast again the leads of DGSD or BXJ to be HSDS leads, this time x)

EDIT:
    Abt the possibility of a Mongolian actress to act Zhao Min, I won't say it's impossible. In Legend of Condor Heroes starring Li Yapeng and Zhou Xun, Princess Hua Zheng (Genghis Khan's daughter) was acted by a Mongolian actress, A Si Ru: http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/m/f/asiru/index.html

If I'm not mistaken, the actors who played Genghis Khan and Zhebe are Mongolians too. So I think we can expect Mongolian actors and actresses included too, in HSDS casts.
    Last edited by loislane; 06-20-08 at 02:12 AM.

RUMOURed Casts
    (spread in February, denied by ZJZ in May)

I know there's no use to post this, but just for fun and who knows... some of them become true^^

Zhang Wuji - Qiao Zhen Yu (Zheng Keshuang in Royal Tramp 2008)
    Zhao Min - Hao Lei
    Zhou Zhiruo - Luo Hai Qiong
    Xiao Zhao - Shu Chang (Princess Jian Ning in Royal Tramp 2008)
    Yin Li - Jiang Xin (Mu Wanqing in DGSD2004)

Zhang Cuishan - He Zhong Hua
    Yin Susu - Jiang Qinqin/Shui Ling (Mu Nianci in LoCH2003)

Ji Xiaofu - Li Xiaoran
    Yang Buhui - Li Xiaoran
    Yang Xiao - Andrew Lien

Daiqisi/Purple Dragon - Ning Jing (Chen Yuan Yuan in Royal Tramp)
    Xie Xun/Gold Lion - Ba Yin
    Wei Yixiao/Green Bat - Li Ming
    Yin Tianzheng/White Eagle - Gu Fung
    Fan Yao - Tao Zeru

Zhang Sanfeng - Tang Guoqiang
    Song Yuanqiao(Wudang's 1st disciple) - Li Xuejian
    Song Qingshu(SYQ's son) - Ren Quan
    Yu Lianzhou(Wudang's 2nd disciple) - Feng Yuanzheng
    Yu Daiyan(Wudang's 3rd disciple) - Guo Da
    Zhang Songxi(Wudang's 4th disciple) - Cao Qiugen
    Yin Liting(Wudang's 6th disciple) - Zheng Guo Lin (Zheng Keshuang in DoMD2000)
    Mo Shenggu(Wudang's 7th disciple) - Wang Xuebing

Mie Jue Shi Tai - Pan Hong

GUEST STARS:
    Guo Xiang - Yang Mi (the same GX in RoCH2006)
    Han Qianye (Daiqisi's husband) - Huang Xiaoming
    Wang Bao Bao (Zhao Min's brother) - Lu Yi
    Yellow Dress Girl - Crystal Liu Yifei

source: http://cache.tianya.cn/publicforum/c...1/217506.shtml

===========

Wei Yixiao/Green Bat - Li Ming
    Perfect! He's been in most ZJZ's productions and most likely ZJZ will cast him again in HSDS^^

And interesting guest stars, btw
    Last edited by loislane; 06-20-08 at 01:18 PM.