Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Talking

Sorry, but I think she's old and not actractive (it's too harsh to say ooglie)

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Sorry, but I think she's old and not actractive (it's too harsh to say ooglie)
    yeah, i dont find her that pretty either. she definately doesnt look like a zhao min to me. at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    yeah, i dont find her that pretty either. she definately doesnt look like a zhao min to me. at all.
    I second that. Hopefully Hao Lei is just totally rumour

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    I second that. Hopefully Hao Lei is just totally rumour
    yup. hopefully.
    lol, your smiley looks funny.

Interesting fact, though. All of the actresses who had play Zhao Min: Liza Wang (TVB 1978), Cecilia Yip (Taiwan 1994), Gigi Lai (TVB 2000) and Alyssa Chia (2003) were all 28-30 years old when they were filming. An exception for Kitty Lai, who was 19-20 years old during filming of the TVB 1986 series. Hmm... so maybe the producers likes to cast actresses who has mature looks for Zhao Min.

I think the possibility for ZJZ to cast an actress in her late 20s/early 30s, for Zhao Min, is quite high as well.

Anyway, according to this article: http://gd.ent.sina.com.cn/news/2008-07-01/4064944.html
    The audience complained to ZJZ how Lu Dingji/Royal Tramp lacks of original music scores. ZJZ admitted that they've run out of money and had no choice but to buy ready-to-use musics from Hongkong music record company. ZJZ promised to improve the original music for the upcoming HSDS.

Great! Hopefully the music will be as great as LoCH^^
    Last edited by loislane; 07-01-08 at 01:17 AM.

Interesting fact, though. All of the actresses who had play Zhao Min: Liza Wang (TVB 1978), Cecilia Yip (Taiwan 1994), Gigi Lai (TVB 2000) and Alyssa Chia (2003) were all 28-30 years old when they were filming. An exception for Kitty Lai, who was 19-20 years old during filming of the TVB 1986 series. Hmm... so maybe the producers likes to cast actresses who has mature looks for Zhao Min.

I think the possibility for ZJZ to cast an actress in her late 20s/early 30s, for Zhao Min, is quite high as well.

Anyway, according to this article: http://gd.ent.sina.com.cn/news/2008-07-01/4064944.html
    The audience complained to ZJZ how Lu Dingji/Royal Tramp lacks of original music scores. ZJZ admitted that they've run out of money and had no choice but to buy ready-to-use musics from Hongkong music record company. ZJZ promised to improve the original music for the upcoming HSDS.

Great! Hopefully the music will be as great as LoCH^^
    LOL! they ran out of money...haha. sorry, but i find that REALLY funny.

I prefer to translate the Ming Sect HQ as Brilliance Peak. Sounds better than Bright Peak to me.

I really don't think the guest stars will be so famous since the roles aren't that big. I can see Yang Mi reprising her role as GX, but I can't see LYF returning to make a cameo as Yellow Dress Lady, and YDL is supposed to be in her thirties, if my memory serves me right. I only read HSDS once and have never seen any complete adaptations of it. COuld be totally wrong.

If this version is faithful to the novel, I may watch it, but ZWJ annoys me so maybe I'll pass.

I sure hope the editing isn't as drastic as the editing in ROCH2006. That series felt so rushed.
    This account is retired.

Talking

It's almost mid July already, any news on the cast yet anyone ??? I'm desperate for this remake

Kitty Lai was around 18-20 when she was was ZM ? I thought she looked really mature , like she was in her mid 20s or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    It's almost mid July already, any news on the cast yet anyone ??? I'm desperate for this remake
    Same here But, none so far. You know how ZJZ works... delay, delay, delay

Kitty Lai was around 18-20 when she was was ZM ? I thought she looked really mature , like she was in her mid 20s or something.
    Yeah, I agree she looked very mature. She was born in 1966. And it was HSDS 1986. You may do the math yourself^^

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    I prefer to translate the Ming Sect HQ as Brilliance Peak. Sounds better than Bright Peak to me.
    Yeah, 'Bright Peak' makes me think of this artificial mountain with comical flash globes outlining its shape...sort of like an elaborate billboard for a fastfood restaurant somewhere in the middle of Texas .

Shove over McDonald 'big M', here comes 'Bright Peak'!

Hao Lei reminds me of Park Shin Hye.

ZM actress would be hard to find...perfect mix would be Ye Tong's charisma/acting skill, Alyssa's cuteness/romance, I suppose Kitty/Gigi's audacity? (didn't like these two actresses' portrayal of ZM though). Essentially, I thought Ye Tong's ZM was brilliant in every way except in looks. However, I much prefer the ZM candidate to have acting skill than too much reliance on looks...its the power and sheer audacity of ZM that attracts, IMO. She would've made Niccolo Machiavelli proud.

Basically its difficult to cast someone that matches all of the audience's expectations

though Ye Tong came very close to it

Basically its difficult to cast someone that matches all of the audience's expectations
    How very true this statement is.

I'm often amazed when I see people complaining about casting choices for various movies or tv shows, and their complaints center around the appearance of the actors rather than their performances. This is especially true if the movie or series is an adaptation of a book.

For me it doesn't matter if the actors look the way I imagine the characters. I just want their personalities and behavior to suit the characters from the book. How could a tv or movie production cast an actor who will satisfy every reader if every reader's mental image of that character is different?

For instance, there's a series of books both my husband and I have read that were adapted for tv last year. One day while we were discussing it I discovered that he always imagined a certain female character with dark hair, even though the books specifically state that she's a blonde! He didn't mind that they cast a dark-haired woman for the tv show because he thought that was how the character was supposed to look. But lots of other fans of the book were angry because that character is supposed to be short and blonde, and the tv producers cast a tall brunette.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Let me state the obvious:

What we need is the Two Package Deal. For Zhao Min and Zhou Zhi Ruo, the actress needs to be at least decent looking—she needs to LOOK the part—and the actress needs to be a good actress. Meaning, no beginners for the big roles. Meaning, by minimum, a B-List Actress?

I just think that if you cast a girl who’s pretty well known, it’s not really all that refreshing anymore because the fans have seen her everywhere. And it’s like, with more popular artistes, you’re more likely to have a wider love-you, hate-you crowd that’s just gonna argue their heads off. But if you’re a director and you try to open the mediocre-popular actors, you might receive better feedback as the fan gatherings haven’t spread that far yet so they might not criticize until they actually see the performances. Of course, you’ll first have to live through the disappointment that you’re favorite actor/actress didn’t get a part in this production.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme de la top View Post
    Let me state the obvious:
    I just think that if you cast a girl who’s pretty well known, it’s not really all that refreshing anymore because the fans have seen her everywhere. And it’s like, with more popular artistes, you’re more likely to have a wider love-you, hate-you crowd that’s just gonna argue their heads off. But if you’re a director and you try to open the mediocre-popular actors, you might receive better feedback as the fan gatherings haven’t spread that far yet so they might not criticize until they actually see the performances. Of course, you’ll first have to live through the disappointment that you’re favorite actor/actress didn’t get a part in this production.
    So very well put!

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles
    I'm often amazed when I see people complaining about casting choices for various movies or tv shows, and their complaints center around the appearance of the actors rather than their performances. This is especially true if the movie or series is an adaptation of a book.

For me it doesn't matter if the actors look the way I imagine the characters. I just want their personalities and behavior to suit the characters from the book. How could a tv or movie production cast an actor who will satisfy every reader if every reader's mental image of that character is different?
    There is a difference between 'complaining' and 'constructive criticism' though. I won't hesitate to point out why I did not particularly appreciate a character (with valid examples of course) if they deserved it. There would be no such thing as discussion and forums if all we ever did was 'wax positives'.

Though I too believe it is pointless in concentrating only on appearances and dismissing other performance qualities. I believe in freedom of speech and thought, but whenever a thread is filled with "oh she was hot" or "he's ugly" it gives my brain a bit of a 'volcanic tizzy'. Evidence! Examples! Constructive sentences...we need to honour our English teachers, or at least make use of more of a keyboard .

Although there is no harm in putting out an expectation of what an actor/actress should look like based on a book if it is an adaptation. Expectations/assumptions based on pre-existing knowledge is a very human process...'mental extrapolation'. I believe it is about the aesthetics of the show, how the actors/actress looks/scenery/lighting etc. It's not about discriminating against actors/actress' abilities based on their looks, rather an individual meeting a certain criteria for a role. Looks should not be central, but they do have their place when portraying a character.

Red face

Any news on HSDS yet??? It's sure past July already

Maybe ZJZ want to finish his other series Military Sage or something first then he'll get start on this one???

All this hype on ZM. Just allow ZJZ himself to play ZM...that would certainly cause media waves .

As I suggested earlier, Ning Jing can play ZMJ.

Daniel Wu can play ZZR (I don't see enough of him onscreen...beautiful man that he is).

Sorry...being sick and bedridden is bringing out odd humour.

Hmm no news on this yet? I thought it was going to start shooting this fall? We need to know the cast...

Well, if it is true ZJZ "ran out of money" with Lu Ding Ji, one would assume he has to wait awhile before he produces something else.

Oh... my god....Moneys problem... that HARD

Just can't wait for HSDS.
    Hate waiting for new Series to come out.

So please... ZJZ, i'm beg on u.
    in Love With :
    Ady An, Han Xue, Li Bing Bing, Zhang Ting, Yang Mi
    Currently Watching "Chinese Paladin 3"