Page 30 of 87 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

they figured the fur and stripes made Zhao Min look more mongolian. btw, the outfit & hair is strikingly similar to this one, except the one shoulder off thing.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://jy.online-game.com.cn/images/jy-13/jinyong-2a.jpg')
    http://jy.online-game.com.cn/images/jy-13/jinyong-2.htm
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://jy.online-game.com.cn/images/jy-13/jinyong-2a.jpg')
    I knew I saw that familiarity in Zhao Min's drawing from some where.

ady as zm. if sff can't be zzr, i think shu chang can pull off a zzr too or otherwise, she can be zhu'er or xiao zhao. even though it's near impossible for hu ge to play zwj, i'm still hoping for that.

i think zzr's outfit would be nicer in a pale blue.
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

man i rally like too see the cast of this series am dieing to know who would be ZM and ZZR

Well, TAE became ZWJ, i agree about that.... no comment
    i hope ady play as ZM, about other characters... no comment..
    Just start shooting HSDS already.... hate waiting to long for this HSDS
    in Love With :
    Ady An, Han Xue, Li Bing Bing, Zhang Ting, Yang Mi
    Currently Watching "Chinese Paladin 3"

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Dont think those drawings are for the series. The men costumes all look great; ZZR's looks pretty nice though i'd prefer another colour. ZM's costume looks horrible though- makes her look like a wild huntress instead of a princess.

Lol agreed. They look like barbarians.

I'm not too sure if TAE is the leading actor type... But I don't mind him.

i hope ady play as ZM, about other characters... no comment..
    Just start shooting HSDS already.... hate waiting to long for this HSDS[/quote]

yea if Ady is in this series i want to be ZM i think she would do well if she is cast as ZM

News is out:

Deng Chao will play Zhang Wuji and Ady will play Zhou Zhiruo. Filming is set to start on the 18th of Oct at Mt Wudang. So far, no other names have been announced yet.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2008-09-27/14122186386.shtml
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2008-0...t_10119038.htm

I must say that im really disappointed at the casting outcome. I seriously cannot picture Deng Chao as ZWJ or Ady as ZZR

I wonder who will play ZM not that Ady's not playing her. It better be someone good. There are rumours that Eva Huang or He Zhuoyan will play ZM.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 09-27-08 at 04:25 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

As I knnow ZWJ AND ZZR roles are confirmed for Deng Chao and Ady An.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2214/a83dc5fbd1b2f5b71c4fd24wc3.jpg')

OMG! NO! Poor Ady - once again, you are denied the real oppurtunity to shine.

But, to look on the bright side: her first real "evil" role. Maybe a breakthrough for her career.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme de la top View Post
    OMG! NO! Poor Ady - once again, you are denied the real oppurtunity to shine.

But, to look on the bright side: her first real "evil" role. Maybe a breakthrough for her career.
    New Twist in News!!

Hua Yi Brothers have just officially announced that Deng Chao will be playing ZWJ but made a clarification on Ady's role. It turns out that she will be playing ZM instead of ZZR!!!

ZJZ also announced that actors for the other major characters have not been confirmed yet though he more or less knows who will be playing them. Another cast who has been confirmed is Weng Hong, who will play Yin Susu. Here's a pic of her:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-09-27/U3075P28T3D2186733F358DT20080927175916.jpg')

Filming is still starting in October at Mt Wudang and is expected to last 5 months, ending around March next year.

Credits: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2008-09-27/17532186733.shtml

Im happy now to know that Ady will be playing ZM instead of ZZR though I really hope this piece of news is accurate and final. Seems like theres a huge conflict going on between the producers and ZJZ as to who Ady should play. One side wants her as ZM and the other wants her as ZZR so theres alot of "testing the waters" now to see how netizens react to her as ZZR and ZM. Looks like Ady doesnt mind playing either character since she's already signed on for the series. Thank goddness she isnt cast as Xiao Zhao (which ZJZ found her suitable for).

According to the news, Ady was delighted to know that she'll be playing ZM as she's always been a fan of the character. She has been waiting for a chance to work with ZJZ after missing out previously (she turned down a few roles offered by him due to lack of time).

As for Deng Chao, he doesnt "fit" ZWJ hands down but he's a pretty good actor so who knows, he might surprise me. He just wont look the part, unless they hire an excellent make-up/hair/costume artist. It would be great if theres a change in actor for ZWJ at the last minute but its highly unlikely, given that DC has already signed on for the series as ZWJ.

Wise Fool

Yeah on ADY! Oww!

Nay on DC! Guess I'll have to give him a chance. . .I prefered Hu Ge first and yes, (activate flame shield) Huang Xiao Ming too, who both would have looked more the part. . .
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Im very sick of HXM so i'd rather see DC as ZWJ if i have to choose btw the two (eventhough HXM is obviously more good-looking).

Hu Ge would definitely be a much better choice than either HXM or DC but he's filming XJ3 now and ZJZ didnt seem to have considered him either. I was hoping for Qiao Zhenyu instead since there were rumours that ZJZ was considering him as well.

Im anxious to know who will play ZZR now. As usual, the rumoured candidates include Qin Lan, Shu Chang and Han Xue. I think Qin Lan and Han Xue are very good choices- both are good actresses and are elegant. Shu Chang is a good actress but i dont find her pretty or matured enough as ZZR (no offense to her fans though).

Wise Fool

Yeah QZY would have been an excellent choice as well. Maybe they'll have creative differences and axe DC (yeah. . .like that's going to happen)? Isn't QZY under Hua Yi as well? Of the two you have mentioned for ZZR, I would prefer Qin Lan, but I'm still surprised SFF has not been considered for ZZR.

Oh well, let's see how the cast shapes up. . .
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Thumbs up

OMG, OMG, yayyyyyyyyyyyyy, Ady all the way , I'm so excited that Ady is going to be ZM, let's hope this will be a breakthrough for her

Geez, Deng Chao is so ooglieeeeeee and short too . As long Ady is ZM, I don't mind whoever will play ZZR . Thanks for the news sunny

Maybe Ady is flexible on which role to play, ZM or ZZR, maybe that's why they decided her on ZM ?
    Last edited by TiffTiff; 09-27-08 at 11:42 AM.

I'm trying to get info on DC, but damn the Wiki sites are flooded with too many connections. . .LMAO

He kind of reminds of Zhou Jie in looks. Ack. . .ZWJ is supposed to be tall fellow. . .

How many period pieces has he done excluding anything from the Qing Dynasty (which I am not a fan of)?
    Last edited by resident:alien; 09-27-08 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    Yeah QZY would have been an excellent choice as well. Maybe they'll have creative differences and axe DC (yeah. . .like that's going to happen)? Isn't QZY under Hua Yi as well? Of the two you have mentioned for ZZR, I would prefer Qin Lan, but I'm still surprised SFF has not been considered for ZZR.

Oh well, let's see how the cast shapes up. . .
    Yeah, SFF would have been my ideal choice for ZZR but

I dont mind Qin Lan though, in fact i think she'll do very well as ZZR. She's acted in various complex and similar-to-ZZR-type roles before.

Wise Fool

Talking

QL is really pretty, so is Ady, if QL is she is casted as ZZR, and the "China twins" as Ha^n Ly & Duong Ba^'t Ho^'i, while HYZ as Tieu Sieu, I think this series will be packed with pretty actresses

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Geez, Deng Chao is so ooglieeeeeee and short too . As long Ady is ZM, I don't mind whoever will play ZZR . Thanks for the news sunny

Maybe Ady is flexible on which role to play, ZM or ZZR, maybe that's why they decided her on ZM ?
    Actually Deng Chao's not short. He's 180cm, alot taller than Alec Su.

The feeling I get from Ady is that she prefers to play ZM. She's stated that ZM is her fave character once or twice before in interviews but I guess the final decision still lies with her company and ZJZ so if they had both wanted her to play ZZR, she would have to agree.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    I'm trying to get info on DC, but damn the Wiki sites are flooded with too many connections. . .LMAO

He kind of reminds of Zhou Jie in looks. Ack. . .ZWJ is supposed to be tall fellow. . .

How many period pieces has he done excluding anything from the Qing Dynasty (which I am not a fan of)?
    He's acted in a number of period dramas before but mostly scholarly or royalty-type roles like kings, princes and officials. If i recall correctly, he acted as the Emperor in Tian Xia Di Yi.
    HSDS will be his first Wuxia serial and he's told reporters that he's extremely nervous about that especially since ZWJ is such a famous character. He recently started martial arts training for the role though and is going to be specially trained under a well-known expert.

Well, the bright side is that Deng Chao's a good actor, hence there might still be hope for a passable ZWJ.

Wise Fool