Page 59 of 87 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1729

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Was Deng Chao the first candidate for ZWJ? ZJZ admitted that his first choice was Huang Xiaoming but the latter will not be doing any more series. "Since he's famous now, he wants to enter the movie world. I will not stop him. Nonetheless, if he doesnt do well in movies and wants to return to TV, I will still accept him back.
    He's still pissed off that he cannot get his HXM to be ZWJ. Maybe that's why he has so much dissatisfaction for Deng Chao. Poor Deng Chao.
    And does anyone think his comment on Huang Xiao Ming sounds very arrogant?

Quote Originally Posted by Huumanshadow View Post
    i'm just curious, how big of a deal would it be to change a lead role? they only started filming recently so the earlier it is the easier. I remember that Tony Leung change lead roles for Red Cliff and it didnt seem as if it cause too much trouble because they did it early. So i'm just asking, how hard would it be to change ZWJ,ZM, or ZZR? They shot 2-3 scenes (events) only.
    The problem is those 3 leads are chosen by the sponsors. That's why cannot change.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-20-08 at 10:35 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Yeah, from that picture, ZWJ clothes was bad. No wander ZJZ was mad about it. I guess DC Wasn't the right choice for ZWJ.

ChineseChiks, That guy not bad. But i guess for ZWJ role, that guy was look to old. But much better than DC
    in Love With :
    Ady An, Han Xue, Li Bing Bing, Zhang Ting, Yang Mi
    Currently Watching "Chinese Paladin 3"

Sunny, i agree with u. She look like MCF. by the way, She also learn the same martial art like MCF, right??

If the lead is actually changes.... then the shooting going to delay right?? plz don't do that.
    in Love With :
    Ady An, Han Xue, Li Bing Bing, Zhang Ting, Yang Mi
    Currently Watching "Chinese Paladin 3"

Guys. Don't be so harsh on Deng Chao lah. He looks better onscreen than in pictures and he has screen presence. His acting is also good. Maybe he will do the role justice.

I agree with yanfeng. ZWJ shouldn't be setting such a negative atmosphere on the set. It's already a done deal. He can't change the 3 leads anymore. Why must he whine about it to the press and add more pressure to the cast? How does he think the cast will feel if they know that the director doesn't like them? Can they still give their best performance?
    Last edited by kidd; 10-20-08 at 11:07 PM.

I don't mind waiting so that they can fix up costumes, actors, trainings and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Guys. Don't be so hash on Deng Chao lah. He looks better onscreen than in pictures and he has screen presence. His acting is also good. Maybe he will do the role justice.
    i agree. Deng Chao definitely shines more in motion rather than in pictures.

Though, he certainly isn't handsome in the traditional sense, and the costume and hair on the pictures are certianly NOT flattering. you really can't blame some people for being harsh. plus, the lower the expectations, the better the series will turn out
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    ady seems very pale in her male outfit, but i don't mind. it bothers me greatly when a girl pretends to be a guy in a wuxia series but still has makeup on just to look beautiful to the audience. that's distracting because it makes everyone scream out that person is so obviously female. so i'd rather they not cake on makeup while she's dressed as a guy.

yes, she is thin, but so was kitty lai. and kitty was still able to put on a convincing performance. furthermore, kitty lai is shorter and appears more frail to me.

i'm just hoping that the costume designers redeem themselves by giving ady much nicer costumes than what we saw at the promotion event. zzr's outfit is far superior to zm's and it's absurb when zm is a princess and zzr is an emei disciple (or leader in the case of the blue outfit). if anything, zm's outfits should be as equally nice or much nicer than zzr's.
    Actually I doubt Kitty Lai is shorter than Ady. Sheren Tang is about 5'5 and Kitty Lai is about an inch taller than her. If anything I think Kitty Lai is taller than Ady. But back to Ady, I think she looks pretty handsome in a guy's custome and I hope they keep her make-up minimum when dressing as a guy.

really? that doesn't make sense because tony leung is short and kitty is shorter.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Talking

Kitty Lai was tall, she stand almost next to Tony. I thought the three of them kind of equal heights, Kitty, Sheren & Tony.

Yeah, it took ZJZ 2 years to prepare for this series, or should I say create buzz ; it doesn't hurt to halt the production and work on the costumes and martial art training.

thx for sharing the new sunnysnow am glad the three lead does not change

Talking

I've look up the internet, Kitty Lai was 5'6, while Sheren was almost 5'4. Oh man, Tony was 5'7, no wonder Kitty Lai was right next to him

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sheren_Tang

http://hkadb.net/info/Kitty_Lai_Mei-Han

http://asianmediawiki.com/Tony_Leung_Chiu_Wai

tony's 5'7"? i always thought he was 5'6". haha, according to some of his sites, he's 5'8". i can't remember if he or andy was the shortest among the 5 tigers. but tony always appeared so small to me since his co-stars were so much taller.

for example, he was shorther than felix in the grand canal
    shorter than other people in hsds
    shorter than other people in other series.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Memo to makeup artists. Deng Chao is not playing Justice Bao this time. He's playing Zhang Wu Ji. Stop putting dark coloring on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Memo to makeup artists. Deng Chao is not playing Justice Bao this time. He's playing Zhang Wu Ji. Stop putting dark coloring on his face.
    hahaha! i was going to say that he's really dark too!
    and i'm really disappointed in this cast.
    the only ones i like are zzr and xz.

Poor Deng Chao... even though I don't think he looks the role for Zhang Wuji or is the best choice, how sad must it be to have the director bashing him so badly? That is in very bad taste for Zhang JiZhong to do. If he is so unhappy with the casting, he should either choose new people or leave the production himself. He's not so skinny or good looking himself... who is he to say that Deng Chao is fat!

The more I read about Zhang Jizhong the more I dislike him. He just seems so mean and judgemental about other peoples looks, which I don't understand because the people he judges look sooo much better than him. Didn't he also make comments on some actresses before ROCH filmed, like he said something like Huang Yi wasn't pretty... I don't remember what it was anymore, but I remember thinking that it was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi6 View Post
    Poor Deng Chao... even though I don't think he looks the role for Zhang Wuji or is the best choice, how sad must it be to have the director bashing him so badly? That is in very bad taste for Zhang JiZhong to do. If he is so unhappy with the casting, he should either choose new people or leave the production himself. He's not so skinny or good looking himself... who is he to say that Deng Chao is fat!

The more I read about Zhang Jizhong the more I dislike him. He just seems so mean and judgemental about other peoples looks, which I don't understand because the people he judges look sooo much better than him. Didn't he also make comments on some actresses before ROCH filmed, like he said something like Huang Yi wasn't pretty... I don't remember what it was anymore, but I remember thinking that it was wrong.
    People don't need to be good looking or better at that thing than the person they are criticizing. Think back to the last time you complained of your internet, phone, tv, car, government, anything... We probably can't do a better job than them, yet we criticize.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    People don't need to be good looking or better at that thing than the person they are criticizing. Think back to the last time you complained of your internet, phone, tv, car, government, anything... We probably can't do a better job than them, yet we criticize.
    If it were something like a profession I would agree with that statement because people tend to specialize in their careers. Yes, I would expect an actor to do a decent job acting, and if they're role required them to be pretty (where everyone is calling the pretty) yes I do expect them to be at least decent looking. If the person is a mechanic... I expect them to know more about cars then me, if they're job is to fix legislation, yes I do expect them to do better than I would have, and so on... because that is what they are trained/educated to do...

Complaining about someone's weight and looks to the media is a different matter. Especially as a director of a show that he is working on and that has not even aired. I think it's fine to mention a lack of professionalism of some actors, but to bash an actor for looks in your own show, I still find that distasteful. I think that him bashing his actors to the press is a lack of professionalism- he can mumble to himself and not be happy about the cast, that's his own thing. But to openly say that to people who are going to write articles is a different thing because he actually has a stake in it. If I were a sponser to the show I would be very unhappy with him, because he isn't inspiring confidence with his comments about the show. If he did it after the show aired that would been more okay because it wouldn't have mattered as much.

How would you like it if you just got a job in a field that you have worked in for many years-maybe were even happy about- than a week into the job have your direct supervisor announce that you were fat, ugly, and sucked at your job to all you co-workers and more at a meeting? In my opinion you are just not supposed to do that... Zhang Ji Zhong as their director/producer is in a way their supervisor. If it were media bashing their looks I wouldn't mind because that's what they do! But as the guy who was supposedly the major part of the selection team for casting, that's wrong. Maybe the way I am thinking is wrong, but we are talking in forums here, bashing is one of the things we do... so I find it okay for us to complain. Sorry being very redundant here, but I do think it's different for an actor or director to complain about another actors looks or weight to the media.

I think ZJZ was just complaining about the slightly plump face and unprofessional attitude of DC. Those are DC's responsibility as an professional actor to fix up, so no difference to your mechanic/legislator analogy.

Wink

No new pix of filming?

Two clips of filming.

Interview with DC:
    http://v.sohu.com/20081021/n260164591.shtml

Interview with DC and Ady (post 7)
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=492321181
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool