Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1729

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    I think ZJZ was just complaining about the slightly plump face and unprofessional attitude of DC. Those are DC's responsibility as an professional actor to fix up, so no difference to your mechanic/legislator analogy.
    [SIZE=3]I believe that being professional and and acting well is an actor’s job. I don’t think that actors are required to lose weight. If he was skinny before being cast as Zhang Wuji then suddenly gained a ton of weight then yes I can understand Zhang Zhijong being annoyed. But I don’t think that happened. I think that Zhang Jizhong is just being picky and complaining because he doesn’t like the main cast choice, and can’t do anything about it without offending sponsers, so he is taking out on the actors in the form of criticism. Plus, didn’t Deng Chao ask for some extra time because of an eye injury, in my head that is a legit request.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I used to know a former cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys who told me that she couldn’t handle being a cheerleader because they would often be given notes telling them what they needed to improve, ie. That their thighs were too big, their tummy stuck out, etc. I find that just sick. I understand how some people say it’s part of the job and it’s their job to lose weight… but these people are already pretty skinny and most are already starving themselves. And I think this applies to actors too, most are already skinny, if one happens to look like an actual healthy normal person we shouldn’t criticize their weight. What sort of image does this give kids, not only are most of their idols super skinny, when they aren’t they get criticized! I remember there was a picture of Victoria Beckham taken a while back where her tummy had a tiny curve and people were wondering if she was pregnant and she said no I’m just fat… I thought that was so funny because Victoria Beckham is super skinny- so if she gains a few pounds and becomes just skinny she’s labeled as either fat or pregnant. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Comments like the one made by Zhang Jizhong and your own about how it is the actors job to lose weight in his face is part of why so many actors and actresses are so underweight and malnourished. It may be the look that people like today, but not everyone’s body is made to look like that. Some people are born with a curvy figure that aren’t meant to be a size 00. Some people may just have fuller faces- I don’t think that Deng Chao is fat, in some of those pictures he may look a little plump, but he is by no means fat, and the camera adds ten pounds. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I think that my own face is a little plump looking but that’s just how it is, I don’t think that I need to lose weight. Just in case you are going to say maybe I need to lose weight- I am a 00 and weigh 92 pounds. [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Two clips of filming.

Interview with DC:
    http://v.sohu.com/20081021/n260164591.shtml

Interview with DC and Ady (post 7)
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=492321181
    Thanks SS!

In the first clip, I'm impressed with ZJZ's pledge that his work on Wudang will not despoil the environment- which apparently was a critique of how he filmed ROCH! I'm a very big fan of environmentally sustainable enterprises.

DC sounds like a very down-to-earth guy... I'm surprised he says he's never read a wuxia before (or was it watch a wuxia before?) Funny in this day and age!

Second clip was funny! DC is portrayed as very lively and always giving comments and interacting with Ady- Ady's amateur attempts to 'suavely' unfurl and retract her fan were hilarious!

thanks for the links sunny.

the tv hostess reminds me a bit of kitty lai (the one that was hosting the behind the scenes with dc and ady).

does anyone else think that dc sort of resembles a young bobby au? seriously, he does. you can catch a young bobby au in miu kiu wai's chor lu heung.

anyhow, i think it's really cute how ady is struggling with the fan where as dc seems to have a better grasp at it. i want to see ady in action. i want to see the fight scenes!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Thumbs up

Ady looks so cute in the film, thank you sunny

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi6 View Post
    [SIZE=3]I believe that being professional and and acting well is an actor’s job. I don’t think that actors are required to lose weight. If he was skinny before being cast as Zhang Wuji then suddenly gained a ton of weight then yes I can understand Zhang Zhijong being annoyed. But I don’t think that happened. I think that Zhang Jizhong is just being picky and complaining because he doesn’t like the main cast choice, and can’t do anything about it without offending sponsers, so he is taking out on the actors in the form of criticism. Plus, didn’t Deng Chao ask for some extra time because of an eye injury, in my head that is a legit request.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I used to know a former cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys who told me that she couldn’t handle being a cheerleader because they would often be given notes telling them what they needed to improve, ie. That their thighs were too big, their tummy stuck out, etc. I find that just sick. I understand how some people say it’s part of the job and it’s their job to lose weight… but these people are already pretty skinny and most are already starving themselves. And I think this applies to actors too, most are already skinny, if one happens to look like an actual healthy normal person we shouldn’t criticize their weight. What sort of image does this give kids, not only are most of their idols super skinny, when they aren’t they get criticized! I remember there was a picture of Victoria Beckham taken a while back where her tummy had a tiny curve and people were wondering if she was pregnant and she said no I’m just fat… I thought that was so funny because Victoria Beckham is super skinny- so if she gains a few pounds and becomes just skinny she’s labeled as either fat or pregnant. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Comments like the one made by Zhang Jizhong and your own about how it is the actors job to lose weight in his face is part of why so many actors and actresses are so underweight and malnourished. It may be the look that people like today, but not everyone’s body is made to look like that. Some people are born with a curvy figure that aren’t meant to be a size 00. Some people may just have fuller faces- I don’t think that Deng Chao is fat, in some of those pictures he may look a little plump, but he is by no means fat, and the camera adds ten pounds. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I think that my own face is a little plump looking but that’s just how it is, I don’t think that I need to lose weight. Just in case you are going to say maybe I need to lose weight- I am a 00 and weigh 92 pounds. [/SIZE]
    Its all part of the job mate... They don't get paid 10000+ an episode giving less than perfect.

You don't need to lose weight. Unless you are an actor/model that requires it? If your job don't require you to be fit, then theres no point. This is different for professional actors.

I just caught glimpses of the actor for GREEN BAT KING Wei Yixiao. He really looks like a vampire. LMAO Great casting choice, btw! He really looks the part! The actor is also the same person who played Gongsun Lu`er's mother in ROCH and was also in Bi Xue Jian.

BTW, is it me or does Deng Chao's voice sound similar to Li Ya Peng's voice for Guo Jing in LOCH '03?
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

ZJZ wanted HXM as ZWJ? WOW... that is wrong. don't get me wrong, hxm is a decent actor.. but I mean for him to play main lead on another Condor Triology....
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    ZJZ wanted HXM as ZWJ? WOW... that is wrong. don't get me wrong, hxm is a decent actor.. but I mean for him to play main lead on another Condor Triology....
    i'd take hxm over dc any day!

GuGu's got the right idea! ^_^

BTW, wasn't TAE supposed to be in this series?
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    I wasn't talking about who I wanted in bed.

btw. Tae is cute, but I am not sure if he would fit ZWJ, I kind of imagine ZWJ a confused and a smaller version as Guo Jing . I think Tae looks kind of too smart

btw, how did DC got so dark? I saw him as the emperor in the series Tian Xia Di YI.he had faired skin
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I wasn't talking about who I wanted in bed.
    Yah, i meant for the role of zwj. aish, dirty minded sugar!

btw. Tae is cute, but I am not sure if he would fit ZWJ, I kind of imagine ZWJ a confused and a smaller version as Guo Jing . I think Tae looks kind of too smart

btw, how did DC got so dark? I saw him as the emperor in the series Tian Xia Di YI.he had faired skin
    ummm no. tae sucks. he can't act. he should just go back to singing with his teen 8 grade A days. aish, i miss him with his cute bandmates. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    uh...no. i would rather not see him go around screaming "ming-mei" all day long.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

hey, tae looks like a zwj to me, somewhat like his role in "legendary siblings" but i dont know about the acting part.
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

I may confuse ZWJ to be YG and wtf is he doing here. Go tell your grand-daughter off (Yellow Dressed Girl).

Question

Huh? What are you talking about flamer? Mind to fill me in?

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Huh? What are you talking about flamer? Mind to fill me in?

About Huang Xiaoming taking up the role of ZWJ in this production.

Thanks for the video clips Sunnysnow. I really enjoyed them. The fan thing was cute, I always thought it was cool how in movies they can just open it and close it in one quick movement. I tried doing it at home and found it difficult, I was able to figure out the opening part, but closing it in that cool way never came to me... sadly enough. Wow... Deng Chao is seems pretty good with the fan, I'm impressed. I'm also glad that they seem to be trying to make Zhao Min cool, because I think she is my favorite character and she should be cool. Deng Chao's taichi look alright, the movements seem ok but they seem to lack a strength behind it. However, I took Taichi for a month in China and was really awful at it- so I still definitely give props to him for making it look decent.

I'm into HSDS for the interactions between Zhao Min and Zhang Wuji so kung fu doesn't matter much to me. Hopefully there will be lots of chemistry and a good script for them. The more scenes with the two of them the better in my opinion! It's nice that Deng Chao and Ady An seem to get along well.

I am glad that Huang Xiao Mind didn't want to be in HSDS. I don't mind him, I even liked him in Da Han Tian Zi, but I don't think he is that great of an actor- and I think he fits the role of Zhang Wuji less than Deng Chao.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Thanks SS!

In the first clip, I'm impressed with ZJZ's pledge that his work on Wudang will not despoil the environment- which apparently was a critique of how he filmed ROCH! I'm a very big fan of environmentally sustainable enterprises.

DC sounds like a very down-to-earth guy... I'm surprised he says he's never read a wuxia before (or was it watch a wuxia before?) Funny in this day and age!

Second clip was funny! DC is portrayed as very lively and always giving comments and interacting with Ady- Ady's amateur attempts to 'suavely' unfurl and retract her fan were hilarious!
    Thank you for the clip, sunnysnow! And thank you for briefly translating what they said, yanfeng^^

What did Deng Chao said when Ady kept laughing?

I'm glad they seem to get along very well. I hope they have good chemistry as ZWJ and ZM! Esp. for the scene in that underground dungeon.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/13438/13438206.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/13438/13438207.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-10-21/U3088P28T3D2215169F326DT20081021193934.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i0.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-10-21/U3088P28T3D2215169F329DT20081021193934.jpg')

While the audience and reporters were criticizing the casts, Ken Chang got many praises instead. People say he's really suitable for Zhang Cuishan, due to his handsome face and he's well-mannered. Some reporters even say he's more suitable to be Zhang Wuji, but Ken Chang just smiled to that, and say that Deng Chao is very suitable to be ZWJ.

source:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2008-10-21/16542214945.shtml
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2008-10-21/19392215169.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    What did Deng Chao said when Ady kept laughing?
    DC was embarrassed as he cleared up some misunderstandings regarding the eye wound he suffered before filming. Apparently the wound was not inflicted during martial arts training. DC accidentally bumped into his car door or the door slammed into his face when he was opening it or smtg thats why his eye area was injured.

I agree with yanfeng. From the clips, DC seems to be quite a humorous and easy-going sort of guy. His character is abit like ZWJ. Hopefully he will impress with his acting.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool