Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1729

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Huumanshadow View Post
    It could be just me or my taste, cuz i always picture ZM with a healthy glow rather then the XLN pale white beauty.
    As with most JY beauties, ZM was described to be very fair, with skin as white as jade. But i get what u mean.

I dont keep track of Ady's photos so either she does look like her health deteriorating or i never realizes how skinny and pale she was. i just remember a few photo of her with that white one piece dress on a few weeks before shooting and she had a really nice tone color. Even when she was in that ugly first attempt costume her skin look nicer.
    Ady has always been very skinny but i wouldnt say she's very fair/pale, I always thought her one of the tanner actresses. In fact I think she looks fairer recently. I actually think she looks better in the latest pic as opposed to the earlier ones where her eyes looked really tired and puffy, plus her dark rings were also more obvious:

http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/13396/13396668.jpg
    http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/13396/13396670.jpg

Well i hope she is having fun and taking good care of herself either way. Oh sunnysnow, does she blog personally or is it some official site? I'm not saying that its fake but i dont trust official blog sites cuz alot of time the agency have ghost writers to promote image and stuff, lot of celebs dont even visit their 'official' site at all and its maintain by other people. Not saying that Ady do this but alot do.
    The latest pics and updates of HSDS are all provided by a mainland blogger known as "Lao Ren". Here's the url for the main page of his blog:
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/xingfuxue

He's apparently a local resident of Wudang and followed the HSDS crew around Wudang, taking pictures of the cast and providing filming updates on his blog. The earlier pics of Meijue, ZZR, ZWJ, Xiao Zhao etc were all taken and uploaded by him onto his blog.

As for my earlier remark about Ady doing well on the set, I based it on what Lao Ren mentioned on his blog. Here's the original quote from his latest post: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4beb36470100bbyp.html

"接着,安以轩的戏极其顺利,一遍成功。期间,邓超爬得山来,一瘸一拐,我问他是不是受伤了,他说爬山累着 了。因为,前面的耽误,计划中的邓超的戏只好改天了……"

"Following that, Ady completed her scenes successfully with one take. In the midst, Deng Chao was coming up the mountain with a limp. I asked his whether he was injured and he told me that he was tired from the climbing. Because of the delay earlier on, Deng Chao's original scenes had to be postponed to a few days later"
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Thanks again to Sunnysnow for all the updates!

I'm surprised people think Ady looks tired- she seems very bright and 'awake' to me in that particular picture... at least more so indeed than the earlier pictures!

ZM's latest costume: Funnily like Alyssa's, and an improvement in terms of how Ady looks in it! I'm still undecided about how much I like it though, I like the 'high' collar, but I'm not hot about the gauzy skirt- seems almost starched! Would love something more flowy, to show off lines and move nicely when she walks or fights! Fire design doesn't bother me, dramatic seems inline with being ZM, will wait for the clips to see how the costume does in action to finally decide if I like it!

Updates from crew member's blog. The blogger, known as "You Lai Wu Hui" is part of HSDS's costumes' crew.
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_556562e60100c0dw.html

Scenery looks beautiful but im still bothered by the weird flower sticking out from Zhu-er's face. Crazy hair aside, Zhang Meng still looks very sweet and lively. The last two shots of Wang Yuan Ke (Yin Susu) looks awesome. I wonder whether its really her on the horse; if it is, I'm impressed! She looks very cool in the last pic as well. The straw hat and black mask reminds me alot of Mu Wanqing in TLBB.

The blogger also mentioned that Ken Chang has recovered and will be back to work soon. I think ZCS and YSS are the best-looking members of the cast right now.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 11-05-08 at 08:41 AM.

Wise Fool

Red face

I'm having another thought again, maybe that red costume is for her to wear when she disguise as ZWJ and goes to mt. Wudang w/ her men, trying to take over Wudang??? That costume can both be male or female, all she have to do is put her hair up in a ponytail, and hold a fan, ta-da

Thank you for the update sunny. The scenery is pretty, only if the costumes are as pretty too.

You have to give thumb up to Ady, she's still smiling even in not-so-attracting outfits.

Its very unlikely that red and white costume will be worn for ZM's male disguise. Afterall, she has other proper male outfits. I'm just hoping there will be better costumes to come.

Sina did a 3-day interview with ZJZ, who apparently doesnt have much time to supervise filming for HSDS as he's busy preparing for his upcoming project "Journey to the West". He only managed to spare 3 days at Mt Wudang to inspect the work of crew members, discuss stuff with the directors and speak with the main actors. Looks like ZJZ's going to leave most of the work to the directors(just like what he did for BXJ).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i0.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-11-05/U3075P28T3D2237718F329DT20081105175312.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-11-05/U3075P28T3D2237725F326DT20081105175936.JPG')

Finally a pic of Zhu'er without the flower and with a proper scar
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-11-05/U3075P28T3D2237725F329DT20081105175936.JPG')

Credits: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2008-11-05/17532237718.shtml

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Sina did a 3-day interview with ZJZ, who apparently doesnt have much time to supervise filming for HSDS as he's busy preparing for his upcoming project "Journey to the West". He only managed to spare 3 days at Mt Wudang to inspect the work of crew members, discuss stuff with the directors and speak with the main actors. Looks like ZJZ's going to leave most of the work to the directors(just like what he did for BXJ).
    Uhh... is that a good sign? Or a bad sign instead? [recalling Yu Min is the director xD]

"Journey to the West" is directed by another director. They already start filming a few days ago. There is no chance for ZJZ to work on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    Uhh... is that a good sign? Or a bad sign instead? [recalling Yu Min is the director xD]
    That's what im worried about too. I seriously dont want another dreamy fairytale-like atmosphere for this series. It's probably unlikely this series will be filmed in LOCH/XAJH style but im still hoping it'll be similar!

Quote Originally Posted by vuongngocyen View Post
    "Journey to the West" is directed by another director. They already start filming a few days ago. There is no chance for ZJZ to work on this project.
    The current adaptation which is in filming now is not by ZJZ. ZJZ's version will only start filming after HSDS is completed, which will probably be late next year or 2010. So far, ZJZ has already signed agreements with several parties but seems to need more cash for the series. He originally planned to film JTTW this year but because of some problems with sponsorship, had to put the plans on hold and start on HSDS instead.

More details on ZJZ's version of JTTW:
    http://ent.cn.yahoo.com/mockup_ent06...l_jizhong.html

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    That's what im worried about too. I seriously dont want another dreamy fairytale-like atmosphere for this series. It's probably unlikely this series will be filmed in LOCH/XAJH style but im still hoping it'll be similar!

The current adaptation which is in filming now is not by ZJZ. ZJZ's version will only start filming after HSDS is completed, which will probably be late next year or 2010. So far, ZJZ has already signed agreements with several parties but seems to need more cash for the series. He originally planned to film JTTW this year but because of some problems with sponsorship, had to put the plans on hold and start on HSDS instead.

More details on ZJZ's version of JTTW:
    http://ent.cn.yahoo.com/mockup_ent06...l_jizhong.html
    Yes i totally agree, XAJH and LOCH were so believable that in your mind you can actually see that the story might be possible. DOMD and ROCH went overboard that it reminded me of 80s TVB chinese soap opera costumes....I'm glad that they seem to be aiming for realistic costumes for HSDS, please no more dress like that girl from the Passionless Valley...
    I'm a big D.Wade and Ginobili fan.
    I am so sick of Hu Ge
    I fight with my dog for the role of master and pet daily and he usually wins.

Angry

I thought the girl from Passionless Valley dressed very pretty, hella prettier compare to the outfits we've seen in this version. . I don't mind outfits that are too modern, a lot better than seeing rags wrapped up together. Now looking at Ady's hair (again), I feel upset for her, such a plain/boring/unattractive/cheap hairstyle. She's a princess, can't they afford to put some fancy looking hair accessories/jewleries on? Look at the fan on Alyssa's hair, look at the headband on Gigi, gosh. Ughhhh

If they managed to copy the outfit from Alyssa (very similar style & color), they might as well copy her hairstyle. Eventhough most TVB wuxia series sux nowaday, but their costumes are far more detailed & gorgeous compare to mainland.
    Last edited by TiffTiff; 11-05-08 at 06:29 PM.

I actually like Ady's red and white outfit, it's not amazing but it's definitely not shabby, it's fitting for a wealthy person- I like it better than Alyssa's red and white outfit. I do hope that she has cuter outfits and better hair, but I never imagined Zhao Min as very frilly so I'm fine with how Ady looks as ZM. I'm actually pretty satisfied, I would have been more irritatated if they tried to give her outfits that were super girly and elaborate like the ones Wang Yu Yan's or Xiao Long Nu's were. Ady's hair is a bit plain, but that's at least better than what they did to Zhu'er's hair. I'm trying to be grateful for small blessings.

Gigi Lai's costumes and hair was the best definitely though.

Please change the hair of Zhu Er. They don't read english forums do they? Lol

New pics of ZM released on You Lai Wu Hui's blog. Pics uploaded on estarsky forum by a member.

Scene at Lu Liu Manor
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i35.tinypic.com/65d4pj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i37.tinypic.com/a40u3o.jpg')

More pics here (original blog post): http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_55656...tml#cmt_825148

I think this particular costume and hairstyle is beautiful, probably the most beautiful of the female cast so far but it doesn't fit the image of ZM i have in mind. The costume looks alot like what LYF wore for ROCH and the hairstyle looks like that of a Han Chinese princess (hairstyle reminds me alot of Ah Jiu's princess hair in BXJ); plus it makes Ady look very matured. I really cant picture ZM looking like that; Ady reminds me more of a demure character (some kinda 4 beauties-type character) and the style is more Han/Tang dynasty-historical-series-like rather than wuxia-like. I can't imagine how ZM will look like when she fights with ZWJ in this scene.

I really dont known whether to like or dislike this look for ZM. On the one hand, ZM looks like royalty- refined and elegant but on the other hand, the look is all soft and matured; lacking an aura of youth, playfulness and strength which i imagine ZM should possess. Perhaps Ady would look younger and more in tune with character with her hair let down but then again, she'll probably look like XLN. I think the problem lies with the colour of ZM's outfits. I notice her outfits are mainly white-based which is calm and soothing as opposed to loud and striking colours like red, yellow, pink etc. which would give off a more strong and "brilliant" feel.

ZM aside, Lao Ren has also uploaded his blog with pics of the Ming Cult members.
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4beb36470100bcdm.html

He poses with each of the characters (he's the elderly man in every pic). First pic is the new Yang Xiao, dunno whose the second character (Zhu Yuanzhang?), third one is Zhou Dian, 4th pic is Monk Shuo Bu De and last pic is that with Wei Yi Xiao and Bai Mei Yin Wang.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 11-06-08 at 12:56 PM.

Wise Fool

Hmm I like that costume well enough. But I would've preferred her long hair to be more visible.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Hmm I like that costume well enough. But I would've preferred her long hair to be more visible.
    Her hair is all bun up, which makes her look very matured. She would probably look more youthful with her hair let down. I now realise why the costume/hair looks so historical-series-like. The chief costume designer is well-known for working on historical series, his most famous one being "Han Wu Da Di"

Wise Fool

Lol I see. Probably why that bunned-up hair. I won't complain on this costume but I would really much prefer to see Zhao Min's long hair.

Gorgeous, but I agree the hair makes her too mature for ZM.... hmm... I actually prefer her original 'peasant' outfit, its still truer to the character. Somehow ZM doesn't strike me as a character into very elaborate outfits... well, good costumes are a good base but l'm more anxious about having a good script and great chemistry!

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Lol I see. Probably why that bunned-up hair. I won't complain on this costume but I would really much prefer to see Zhao Min's long hair.
    The costume is actually very pretty and elegant-looking. Just that is doesnt seem like what ZM would wear- doesnt reflect her personality and makes Ady look like a character in a historical series instead of a wuxia serial. Nonetheless its very different from what the past ZMs wore so its unique and refreshing in a sense...just that it gives off a weird feeling. At least ZMs outfits look better than the one Ady wore to the opening ceremony. And several posters in other forums have suggested that perhaps Ady's bun will be undone and her hair will flow down after ZWJ steals her pearl hairpin. Its a very entertaining thought and would be great if this were so.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Gorgeous, but I agree the hair makes her too mature for ZM.... hmm... I actually prefer her original 'peasant' outfit, its still truer to the character. Somehow ZM doesn't strike me as a character into very elaborate outfits... well, good costumes are a good base but l'm more anxious about having a good script and great chemistry!
    As much as i dont fancy the latest 2 outfits, I still prefer them to peasant-woman look.

I think this outfit looks the most ZM-ish. Just that they should remove the scarf, tie her hair into two ponytails or let if flow down naturally and pin some sparkling head ornaments of sorts either across the front of her forehead (like in the latest pic) or somewhere around her hair.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.cnhubei.com/ctjb/ctjbsgk/ctjb12/200810/W020081018193240311521.jpg')

So far, there're no clips released so its difficult to judge how well the actors perform and whether they have chemistry or not. The settings look beautiful though. Now im waiting to see more pics of YSS as well as pics of her and ZCS together.

Wise Fool

Wow, ZM looks gorgeous!!! I dont mind at all! Appearance/looks doesn't always have to match their own character. She's dressed this way because she is a princess, anyway. It could even be more interesting, if you don't know what ZM's character is like, coz her appearance might have fooled you, but then she start to talk loud and all^^

Somehow this ZM looks remind me of Sharla Cheung's ZM in the movie version ^-^ Reading the book, beside her youthfulness, I think ZM also has a mature and cool side (just like how Kitty Lai portrayed her). Although I like Alyssa's ZM, but she's too playful and loud, and just didn't have ZM's elegant/cool side enough.

So those pictures looks AWESOME for me!!! Her facial expressions there are good too. I'm starting to have faith in Ady as ZM!!!

Thank you for the pictures, sunny!!