Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1728

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

  1. #101
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    dont you think guo jing and zhang wu ji are similar to each other...just that zhang wu ji is a little smarter...well...he did have zhao min to help...n/m...huang rong as well...anyways...what about hu ge? is he better as zwj than his other series(loch).
    ZWJ is smarter than GJ however they are somewhat similar. Hu Ge i still think suits the role of Wei Xiao Bao, or YG much better than a role like GJ or ZWJ.

  2. #102
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    how can you critiscise something without finding the seeds to the criticsm in the first place?
    okay...if you hate the producer work and say ' i'll never buy or watch his series ever again '...fine...say it and do it...but dont end up watching it later and talk sh!t about the series....then you're just contradicting yourself and making yourself looking like a fool.

    and that buddy what i dont like to see.

  3. #103
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    I thought LYF was great as XLN. People will not praise her. She will not get the same respect. Especially when she's young and getting big roles. She made big improvement her acting...but people will still call her a crappy actress...they just refuse to see it...and will label Idy/Fann/Carmen to be their best XLN. that's their opinion though...if LYF gets all the big role in the future...is it luck as some might say...and is she still a bad actress...people can improve and can get better. i had a few arguement/debate about alyssa in other forums back in the days...and alyssa's career turned out to be quite good.
    Many thought she was bad as XLN too didn't show anything like in the books.

    Sure improvements she may have had, still not very big. And since shes getting so many roles one is to expect of her to improve correctos?
    Now shes trying to start a singing career .
    If she didn't have the looks or looks like a lesser known actress I doubt anyone would say her acting is good. They would be like 'MEH another fish in the sea that can't act is getting the roles'

  4. #104
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    okay...if you hate the producer work and say ' i'll never buy or watch his series ever again '...fine...say it and do it...but dont end up watching it later and talk sh!t about the series....then you're just contradicting yourself and making yourself looking like a fool.

    and that buddy what i dont like to see.
    ROFL... did I ever say I'll never buy or watch his series again? couz your dellusional man. You may be right cos I'd rather DL the series than waste precious earnt pennies
    contradicting hahahaha ok!

  5. #105
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    And I'm very tired of the peeps who proudly declares that ROCH06 is the only ZJZ production they have ever watched and that they have never watch any of the TVB/SG/TW versions of whatever series and that in their opinion ROCH06 is THE VERY VERY BEST EVER MADE.
    Oh and that anyone who criticise ROCH06 should first go film an adaptation before opening his/her mouth to complain. That's so very SG PAP response to SG citizens to join a political party before having the rights to open mouth to point out what's wrong with the system.

    OMG!! What happened to the blains? (PCK version of brains)
    indeediosis well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Some people are sick of others saying... LYF is the best XLN because she is BEAUTIFUL
    correctos! very wisdomanious

  6. #106
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Many thought she was bad as XLN too didn't show anything like in the books.

    Sure improvements she may have had, still not very big. And since shes getting so many roles one is to expect of her to improve correctos?
    Now shes trying to start a singing career .
    If she didn't have the looks or looks like a lesser known actress I doubt anyone would say her acting is good. They would be like 'MEH another fish in the sea that can't act is getting the roles'
    not like the book? give some examples...

    bad xln? rarely see people say that...people would say 'idy/carman was better'

    we cant predict anything...as long as we see improvement in every series...i'll be happy with that.

  7. #107
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Well...if you're saying it to me...i never said that 'LYF is the best XLN because she is BEAUTIFUL'...

    with her looks...i would say...she's the best description of XLN. XLN suppose to look young/naive/innocence/beautiful/etc...
    Looks and acting are separate
    I'd like to quote mister Phoenix_Aquarius when i can find his marvelous argument in due time

  8. #108
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    ROFL... did I ever say I'll never buy or watch his series again? couz your dellusional man. You may be right cos I'd rather DL the series than waste precious earnt pennies
    contradicting hahahaha ok!
    okay...if you're not wasting any money...then why complain.

  9. #109
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    okay...if you're not wasting any money...then why complain.
    Offer feedback why else

  10. #110
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Looks and acting are separate
    I'd like to quote mister Phoenix_Aquarius when i can find his marvelous argument in due time
    damn...too bad the hardcore fans of roch isnt here anymore...like athena...they know their stuff...i would like to know her opinion on roch '06...she was more critical than anyone here...just a few lines were wrong and she was steaming...LOL...

  11. #111
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Offer feedback why else
    good one...

  12. #112
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    damn...too bad the hardcore fans of roch isnt here anymore...like athena...they know their stuff...i would like to know her opinion on roch '06...she was more critical than anyone here...just a few lines were wrong and she was steaming...LOL...
    I like this feedback given by Phoenix_aquaris very thoughtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    As XLN, much better improvement compared to WYY. However, her fighting scenes are terrible. And she does NOT portray XLN very well.. While she gives the ethereal look, she doesn't show the coldness of XLN. Instead, she acts very helpless and immateurish throughout the show. I say Carmen did a way better job in showing the coldness+doing-whatever-she-wants,-in-her-heart-only-YG-matters of XLN.

    Contrary to what windstorm says about the toying with the clothes part, XLN is NOT supposed to fling her sashes everywhere as though there was a tornado near her everytime she fights. There must be some form of coordination and CONTROL over her sashes. Her sashes are meant to strike the enemy, not dance around harmlessly doing more of a distraction than an attack.
    The point is, she's acting XLN. XLN may not be a coldness robot or whatsoever, but she's definitely more cold and uncaring(about anything else besides YG and some people) instead of that innocent, naive little girl. Maybe the XLN in the book appeared to you as more of innocent and naive little girl, but I'm sure many people find the real XLN a colder person.

    But of course, the real XLN is not cold the entire series too..
    Last edited by strife_au; 06-12-06 at 04:13 AM.

  13. #113
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    good one...
    cheers big ears

  14. #114
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    damn...too bad the hardcore fans of roch isnt here anymore...like athena...they know their stuff...i would like to know her opinion on roch '06...she was more critical than anyone here...just a few lines were wrong and she was steaming...LOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena
    My biggest complaint is:"What edition of ROCH are they using?"

    They have edition 3 elements, but they also have a lot of edition 2 facts. They should just stick to one edition not a mix.

    The Taoist priest who raped Xiao Longnu is called Zhen Zhibing, this is edition 3. Fine, no problem here.

    But 2 episodes later, when Li Mochou goes back to tomb and Xiao Longnu dropped the huge stone sealing the tomb. Xiao Longnu and Yang Guo step into one of the reserved coffins to rest. In that coffin Wang Chongyang carved some characters.
    In edition 2 it was: [玉女心經,技壓全真。重陽一生,不弱于人。] The Art of Jade Maiden has surpassed Quanzhen. But Zhongyang, in his life, has never lost to anyone.

    Edition 3: [玉女心經,欲勝全真。重陽一生,不弱于人。] The Art of Jade Maiden wants to overcome Quanzhen. But Zhongyang, in his life, has never lost to anyone.

    The serie has the lines of edition 2. Why do I ask? So strange.

    Another thing, when the Golden Wheel Monk was introduced. Huo Du said my master is the Imperial High Priest of Mongolia, [金輪國師]. But later on he is referred to as either [金輪法王] or even [金輪大王]. Such mistakes should not be made. And what was up with his robe? The Golden Wheel Monk should be wear monk's robes, not some robe of a Mongolian nobleman. That was also very off.

    Errors that used to exist in ROCH edition 2, but Jin Yong has corrected in his new edition, are not implemented in this adaptation. In the past the novel LOCH has established that Qu Lingfeng was the head disciple of East Heretic, Chen Xuanfeng was the second, Mei Chaofeng was number 3, Lu Chengfeng number 4, etc. etc.
    But in his edition 2 ROCH, suddenly Chen Xuanfeng was the head disciple, Mei Chaofeng was the second disciple and Qu Lingfeng was the third. This was a continuity problem. The problem was solved in editon 3 ROCH, Jin Yong used the LOCH ranking again, Qu (1), Chen (2), Mei (3).
    But this adaptation had Chen as 1, Mei as 2 and Qu as 3. Ala the second edition. Why in heaven's name don't they just use edition 3 as reference? I was rolling my eyes when I saw that part.

    The list continues, the portrayal of some people are so off. Huang Yaoshi is a lot of things, you can call him many names. But he is not rude and coarse, he does not call himself [老子]. Not even Hong Qigong would do that (I think?). So out of character. Feng Mofeng is not a rough man, he is soft-hearted and sad man who talks quite weakly. Just because he is a blacksmith doesn't mean he has to be rough and talks loudly. Oh, please!

    For someone who claims to have worked very closely with Jin Yong and used his newest edition of ROCH as a reference Mr. Zhang is very off. He has either a reading problem or he has weak eyes or something. I am not saying that this ROCH adaptation is absolutely bad or something. In fact it is quite okay, but all that hype about it being very close to the novel (the newest edition even) and so on and so on. It is very disappointing to see this hybrid adaptation of edition 2 and 3.
    good stuff I like it very much

  15. #115
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    I like this feedback given by Phoenix_aquaris very thoughtful
    Phoenix? Phoenix is a fan of Carman. Phoenix is the only so far that criticize LYF on her choreography.

    Carman's XLN and LYF's XLN are different from each other. Phoenix sound like that one guy(forgot his nick)...must be the same guy. Terrible sash moves? Carman did the same in roch '95.

    1st edition - XLN was cold and dont give a damn anyone.

    3rd edition - she's much warmer...has more feelings...that's the reason why jin yong change XLN's characteristics...he didnt want her to be one dimensional or else she'll be boring to watch.

    Where is Whsie, Athena, or even IcyFox...Phoenix doesnt know anything.

  16. #116
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    good stuff I like it very much
    exactly...i dont mind her saying anything like that at all...she knows her stuff...you guys dont know a damn thing.

  17. #117
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Phoenix? Phoenix is a fan of Carman. Phoenix is the only so far that criticize LYF on her choreography.

    Carman's XLN and LYF's XLN are different from each other. Phoenix sound like that one guy(forgot his nick)...must be the same guy. Terrible sash moves? Carman did the same in roch '95.

    1st edition - XLN was cold and dont give a damn anyone.

    3rd edition - she's much warmer...has more feelings...that's the reason why jin yong change XLN's characteristics...he didnt want her to be one dimensional or else she'll be boring to watch.

    Where is Whsie, Athena, or even IcyFox...Phoenix doesnt know anything.
    I find Phoenix very knowledgeable thank you very much. FOr greater scope than some mindless zombies.
    Phoneix a carman fan? don't make me laugh till the sunrises in the West kthnxbai

  18. #118
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    exactly...i dont mind her saying anything like that at all...she knows her stuff...you guys dont know a damn thing.
    And you sure know helluva a lot
    very sliq of you to make these kind of comments I like it, I like it brudda insano

  19. #119
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    And you sure know helluva a lot
    very sliq of you to make these kind of comments I like it, I like it brudda insano
    never said i knew everything about roch...but unlike some people...i dont open my mouth just write out stupid comments.

    roch '06...not only was editing bad but also the script itself...i agree with Athena...translating roch '06 is a b!tch. they mixed up the lines sometime too...she helped me out with translations and was a little steamed up about the scripts..."they should fire the script writer"...LOL

  20. #120
    Banned strife_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    It's either I win or you lose
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    never said i knew everything about roch...but unlike some people...i dont open my mouth just write out stupid comments.

    roch '06...not only was editing bad but also the script itself...i agree with Athena...translating roch '06 is a b!tch. they mixed up the lines sometime too...she helped me out with translations and was a little steamed up about the scripts..."they should fire the script writer"...LOL
    stupid comments it be for you since you are so pro-ROCH06 and LYF buddy it could be very informative for others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    I don't mind characters being shown with overexagerrated skills, after all it's wuxia and it's the new CGI era, but please try to be consistent and logical and stay with the novel. One minute she was this Goddess with Superpower skills and one minute later, she was weak (of course she has to be in the presence of East Heretic) but the visually it's inconsistent.
    Maybe it's just me, since I'm also a Purist and was hoping so much for this adaptation, not to mention, ZJZ's constant delays by postponing the releases really ticked me off. My expectation was really at its all time high only to be disappointed by bad editing, horrible omission of important scenes, and now novel inconsistencies.
    nicely put too

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-09-10, 04:33 PM
  2. Heaven Sword, Dragon Saber
    By rati4u in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-06, 06:06 AM
  3. Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre 2000 《倚天屠龍記》
    By boss_tweed in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-25-06, 08:41 PM
  4. Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre translations
    By byelnats in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-14-06, 03:56 AM
  5. The Heaven Sword vs. the Dragon Sabre
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-05, 06:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •