Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3575767778798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1729

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Quote Originally Posted by vivy17 View Post
    I totally agree. I loved Eddie Chueng's portrayal of this character in HSDS 2000 because he fit the image of the suave yang xiao. The whole time in HSDS 2003 I kept blinking whenever the new yang xiao came on because I felt like he was in the wrong era, the wrong serie and definately the wrong character. I was waiting for Vicki Zhao to come out and say we got Punked or something.
    Yes, I watched the 2000 version for Eddie (well, I liked the young ZWJ too, but that's already been established). From the clothes and hair, I am afraid to see the portrayal of YX in this newest version to come.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi6 View Post
    Oh all the old versions of HSDS, such nostalgia. I tried to find the Liu De Kai version to compare to the rest but couldn't find it. Here's a link for some videos I found a while back when I was trying to compare the dif versions of HSDS. http://www.youku.com/playlist_show/id_1553853.html
    Thanks very much Haruhi6! Those clips are _awesome_! (And would be even more so if the author didn't feel the need to post comments right on the screen sometimes... sigh...!)

But yeah, I too am an avid HSDS hobby'ist (maybe we should start our own HSDS Anonymous! ) and my regular co-author on reviews and I have on-and-off been considering a long comparison review on all the adaptations of HSDS- try to weigh up all the factors for each serial- actors/actresses, major characters/minor characters, script, music, costume/scenery, action etc. But this seems cooler- a comparison in video!

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi6 View Post
    After watching these videos I still definitely like 86' better- Tony Leung just gave off such innocence that none of the others conveyed. Adam Cheng as ZWJ just seemed confused... I loved the wedding scene where the ZM tells him to come with her and he's like now... and she's like yes now. It made me laugh so hard.
    You've hit the nail on the head! HSDS '86 is also my fav for how softly wonderful Tony's ZWJ is, his chemistry with Kitty, but also for its amazing minor character development- I'm very fond of all the Ming Sect members (think Zhou Dian and Qing Yi Fu Wang/Green Bat King!), the Wudang heroes (I think I was half in love with Song Yuan Qiao and also the sharp and upright 2nd brother, the smart 4th brother, and the emotional 6th brother....sigh... ), Zhang San Feng himself, Xie Xun and even the Xuan Ming elders got their own little story!

But back to Adam- me too! I was giggling so hard since he looked so lost! That exchange at the wedding was a classic! (Though you have to say that his ZM was so strong and so fast, you can understand why he was left floundering... "Right now?!" )

Love the comparisons have to say, Kitty's ZM really had ZWJ in a tizzy down in that dungeon! She would be enthused and then next be in tears and then next laughing- and poor Tony's ZWJ was alternatively annoyed and bewildered and afraid!

For those who don't understand the mandarin, a sniplet from their dungeon conversation:

(Grinning) Do you know who I am?
    (Annoyed) Don't know, don't want to know! Let me out!
    There's no one, how do I?
    (Grabs her neck) One small squeeze and you'll be dead!
    (Crying) You're bullying me!
    (Hastily drops her neck, a little embarassed) I don't mean to.
    (a little later) Laughing one moment, crying the next, aren't you ashamed?
    You should be the one to be ashamed, big guy like you bullying a weak girl like me!
    You? Weak girl?! You're more devious than demons and tricksters.
    (Smiling) Thank you for your compliment, I feel humbly undeserving.

The devil is in the details too- ZM tried 2 to 3 tactics to get ZWJ to step into the dungeon before trying the 'suicide' trick, and Kitty got dragged down because she was trying to step on ZWJ's fingers- he had just managed to catch the edge of the trip before falling in. Kitty's ZM was smart, adaptable and none-too-prim about hurting ZWJ a little!

More cool lines from ZM, this time its Gigi's ZM:

You're devious, pulling a 'suicide' stunt to trap me. My mom warned me that beautiful women are not to be trusted!
    Are you saying I'm beautiful or are you saying that your mom could tell the future?

As the compiler of those clips mentioned, this line really does have the flavor of ZM. "Never yielding nor giving any ground, constantly cornering others!"

Talking

We should really form a HSDS fan club

Yanfeng, you've hit on some of my favorite lines too. In HSDS 1986, Kitty & Tony joked a lot throughout the series about she was being the female devil, alluring/seducing him . They said it like 3, or 4 times till the end of the series.

I really like the lines when Gigi said about "are you saying I'm pretty or you're saying your mom can see the future" . It was one of the coolest line ever. I think only Gigi & Eddie Cheung (the YZ guy) really shined in that version. W/o a cool and mean ZM, that version was boring and filled with old actors running around. I don't dislike Joyce Tang much, but her role as JXF was horrible. Her role as YBH wasn't as bad.

Does anyone know the name of the actor that played as ZSF in the 86 version? He played as Sweeper Monk in DGSD 1996 too! I really likes that veteran actor, not sure if he's still around though, he looked really old

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    We should really form a HSDS fan club

Yanfeng, you've hit on some of my favorite lines too. In HSDS 1986, Kitty & Tony joked a lot throughout the series about she was being the female devil, alluring/seducing him . They said it like 3, or 4 times till the end of the series.

I really like the lines when Gigi said about "are you saying I'm pretty or you're saying your mom can see the future" . It was one of the coolest line ever. I think only Gigi & Eddie Cheung (the YZ guy) really shined in that version. W/o a cool and mean ZM, that version was boring and filled with old actors running around. I don't dislike Joyce Tang much, but her role as JXF was horrible. Her role as YBH wasn't as bad.

Does anyone know the name of the actor that played as ZSF in the 86 version? He played as Sweeper Monk in DGSD 1996 too! I really likes that veteran actor, not sure if he's still around though, he looked really old
    Bao Feng (I think??) played ZSF, he passed away some years ago.

Thanks for the playlist Haruhi6! Only sad thing is its taking my comp forever to load the clips

Would be great if there were ZZR clips for comparison too
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

WOW! you guys pulled out the old SHAW BROTHERS HSDS movie adapatations starring DEREK YEE and CANDICE YU! Nice find!

^_^

The action back then, in regards to swordplay, choreography, and martial arts, were much better than what we have today where they use camera tricks to appear as if they're actually fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/sunnysnow/ae1ab051713be908367abe50.jpg')
    Last edited by resident:alien; 12-06-08 at 12:06 PM.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

New piccies of ZZR!

Updated pics on Liu Jing's blog (seems like she's fallen ill recently).
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4ed6ccea0100bdq2.html
    They've changed ZZR's hairstyle. Somehow I think she looks nicer in these pics compared to the earlier ones. She looks paler (either because she's ill or lighter make-up) though. I think I prefer this hairstyle to the earlier one- its somewhat neater and simpler though I think she's capable of looking even younger with an appropriate hairstyle. No qualms about her costume though, its very delicate and sweet-looking.

YLWH also updated pics from the scene where ZZR goes to Shaolin to compete for Xie Xun.
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_556562e60100cbtl.html
    They've really made ZZR up to resemble MCF (LOCH'03) though the make-up and costume (especially the checkered sleeves) is an exact replica of Charmaine's ZZR (HSDS'00) which is slightly disappointing. Makes ZZR very old and haggard-looking though hopefully they'll manage to make her look as poignant and graceful as LOCH03's MCF.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

HSDS fan club is right! Alright Tifftiff, let's devise a 10 question HSDS trivial pursuit and whoever gets them all right can join the club! )))

But onto the serious matters: Comparison video!

The 2000 version really has some cool dungeon lines and twists to the original, e.g., in order not to touch her Lawrence's ZWJ actually used a cloth to try to suffocate ZM from a distance, in order to force her to tell him how to escape but she would rather suffocate, so fainted, and poor Lawrence was frantic!

Alyssa is very pretty (possibly the prettiest ZM to date, though I harbor a hope that Ady's ZM would surpass her in beauty, which, from the pictures is possible! ), but the childish tones and expressions do her beauty no credit... alas!

Oh yes, but no questions 2003's version had the most impressive settings- the only version to date with a beautiful Liu Manor, and if I recall right, the Shaolin temple was an awesome setting too! Though I confess I'm loving the 2009/2010's setting even more... the pictures of Wudang shan have been spectacular!

Cool piccies! And there seem to be lots of supporters of ZZR who are giving her lots of encouragement, hopefully Liu Jing will get better and give us a great ZZR to respect!

Meanwhile, I finally found the website I was thinking about, here someone very hard-working pulled together pictures from all of the HSDS movies and serials that he/she knew about, and its the most comprehensive list that I've come across- have a glance!

http://blog.zol.com.cn/15/article_14974.html

I'd forgotten that Francis Ng (one of my fav actors) was ZCS in the movie, and of course Gigi was a lovely ZZR nex to Sharla's ZM!

I was most impressed by the black and white picture from the 1961 movie that the webmaster managed to dig out- talk about thorough!

Talking

Thanks for the update, sunny

ZZR looked like a bat hanging on the tree, hihihihi .

Wow, that's a lot of pix, yanfeng, the webmaster really went out all the way to find those info, and thank you for finding such link too.

Nah, I don't think we should come up w/ 10 questions about HSDS so people can join. We should let everyone interested joining the fan club .

I thought Gigi was a very naughty ZZR in the movie version

Thank you yuifehong for the info, I'll google up the actor
    Last edited by TiffTiff; 12-06-08 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yufeihong View Post
    Bao Feng (I think??) played ZSF, he passed away some years ago.
    Aw, that's sad... .... I loved his ZSF! So wise and so gentle!

Good news is that the 4th Uncle (the really smart one) from this version is still acting with TVB (in fact he is Ying Ye Wang- Wuji's maternal Uncle- in the 2000 version!)

Also the actor for Zhou Dian, and Qing Ye Fu Wang are all still active with TVB, and they do great work even today!

Its a wonderful asset to have such veteran actors of minor characters around, really increases the quality of shows.

For the Ady/DC version, so far the actors of ZSF and the Ming Sect members plus Wudang heroes don't look bad (though, like everyone else, I'm a little reserved about the choice for Yang Xiao!)- fingers crossed they'll all turn in solid performances and the script will allot them their crucial character development!
    Last edited by yanfeng; 12-06-08 at 03:35 PM.

Talking

I thought that actor for Zhou Dian from 86 version was also Cha^u Ba' Tho^ng, ui, how do I write the Chinese name for him. The very playful guy from LOCH, remember he taught Guo Jing how to learn 9 yin ??? He was a lot chubbier when he was in LOCH compared to HSDS 86.

The actor for Qing Ye Fu Wang is really old now, well, all of them are aging

I really love that actor Bao Feng for ZSF, he was very gentle and humble looking

Unhappy

Awww, I've found info on the actor for ZSF in HSDS 1986

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17808

His name was Fong Pao, he passed away in 2006
    http://english.cri.cn/3086/2006/09/23/[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    I thought that actor for Zhou Dian from 86 version was also Cha^u Ba' Tho^ng, ui, how do I write the Chinese name for him. The very playful guy from LOCH, remember he taught Guo Jing how to learn 9 yin ??? He was a lot chubbier when he was in LOCH compared to HSDS 86.

The actor for Qing Ye Fu Wang is really old now, well, all of them are aging

I really love that actor Bao Feng for ZSF, he was very gentle and humble looking
    That's right Zhou Dian was also Zhou Ba Tong in LOCH, and a fabulous ZBT it was too! I like him, and even today he still acts as father figures in various TVB serials (I think he got chubbier recently, but it suits him very well I think!)
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Chun_Wong

Actor for Qing Ye Fu Wang (I believe his real name is Hui Siu Hung) actually has done lots of relatively major characters with TVB, but also in movies. If you like him, I enjoyed his role in "To Get Unstuck in Time" with Roger Kwok, in terms of movies, his role in "Love Undercover" with Miriam Yeung was very amusing.
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hui_Siu_Hung

Two more great minor characters are the 2nd Wudang Uncle (Liu Kai Chi) and the Oldest Wudang Uncle (sadly I don't know the name of this actor).

Liu Kai Chi has had some fabulous movie roles in the meantime, including a memorable minor role in the "Infernal Affairs" trilogy. Too bad he recently left TVB, a loss for the station!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Kai_Chi

Talking

The actor that played as the oldest wudang brother, also played as Au Duong Kha'ch (son of the West Poison) in LOCH 1984 too, do you recognize him, yanfeng??

Did you know that Simon Yam used to played xxx movies? Well, not like full xxx, but when I watched one of his movies, I was like, yuck! At first I liked him as ZCS, after I accidentally exposed to his 3x movie, I don't like him that much any more.

I love Dodo Chen a lot! I love her in the series w/ Chow Yun Fat and Ray Lui, I think it was The Good Old Days? She was trying to trick CYF but he always win, do you know that series? CYF was freakingly handsome and suave in that series. Ray Lui was kinda of dumb in that one though.

Yanfeng, are you in the US, darling? I'm doing my online assignment and got bored w/ every now and then, so I check out this site. Call me silly, spcnet is my homepage

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    More cool lines from ZM, this time its Gigi's ZM:

You're devious, pulling a 'suicide' stunt to trap me. My mom warned me that beautiful women are not to be trusted!
    Are you saying I'm beautiful or are you saying that your mom could tell the future?

As the compiler of those clips mentioned, this line really does have the flavor of ZM. "Never yielding nor giving any ground, constantly cornering others!"
    Hahahah!! This is one of the reasons why I thought GIGI's ZM was wonderful! I loved this scene! I love how ZWJ could never outwit ZM. Another reason why this ZM was so superb was that she never allowed anyone to think less of her and never allowed anyone to doubt her intentions, even if she had her own insecurities and doubts. This was what a Mongolian princess should be.
    My Loves...
    : LEE MIN HO
    HUANG XIAO MING
    YAN KUAN
    TAKESHI KANESHIRO
    BOYS OVER FLOWERS!
    SS501!

Can someone please post up pics of the new Yang Zhao? (I dont know the name in Chinese but it's the character that Eddie Chueng played in the 2000 version and the one that the King from Pear Princess played in 2003)
    My Loves...
    : LEE MIN HO
    HUANG XIAO MING
    YAN KUAN
    TAKESHI KANESHIRO
    BOYS OVER FLOWERS!
    SS501!

The one who played ZSF, wasn't sweeper monk in DSGS
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07