Page 1 of 87 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Default Producer Zhang Jizhong's version of HSDS

Since producer Zhang Jizhong version of LOCH and the ROCH were generally of good quality and well-received (despite some editing problems), I wonder if he will complete the condor trilogy and make HSDS as well? I watch the 2003 version of HSDS and was not particularly impressed with that version, I think Zhang, if he does work on HSDS, will make a better version quality and script-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by bruzlee
    Since producer Zhang Jizhong version of LOCH and the ROCH were generally of good quality and well-received (despite some editing problems), I wonder if he will complete the condor trilogy and make HSDS as well? I watch the 2003 version of HSDS and was not particularly impressed with that version, I think Zhang, if he does work on HSDS, will make a better version quality and script-wise.
    just fancier CGI and scenery. I'd prefer the director who made linked cities.

Well that's very subjective, each poster has his/her own opinion, I happen to quite like Producer Zhang's LOCH and ROCH 2006, but I still don't really like the 03 version of HSDS. Hope if any director will make a future HSDS, they can make a better version then the 03 version.

Yes subjectiveness is good.

Seeing how ZJZ screwed up ROCH06 I'd expect him to do a similar screw up due to his "I no money enough".

Well that's very subjective, each poster has his/her own opinion, I happen to quite like Producer Zhang's LOCH and ROCH 2006, but I still don't really like the 03 version of HSDS. Hope if any director will make a future HSDS, they can make a better version then the 03 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Seeing how ZJZ screwed up ROCH06 I'd expect him to do a similar screw up due to his "I no money enough".
    indeed, like its all glossed and fancy at the start and fubar at the end

Yah. At the end of ROCH06 I said to myself "that's it?".

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    indeed, like its all glossed and fancy at the start and fubar at the end

I am sure you all can do a better ROCH 2006, so maybe you should be the ones doing it next time and we'll see how good it will be.

Bad or not...I can guarantee that every who talk sh!t about him will watch the next HSDS. Talk a lot of crap about that person, but yet you watch it. Strange isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Bad or not...I can guarantee that every who talk sh!t about him will watch the next HSDS. Talk a lot of crap about that person, but yet you watch it. Strange isnt it?
    That is not true. Although I didn't talk "sh!t" about ZJZ, I disapproved of how he handled ROCH06. I have refrained from getting the dvd, only read other people's reviews (both pros and cons) and managed to watch several clips of the series to judge for myself. If he produces HSDS in the same fashion, I will not watch it either.

if he can spend less time on filming the main characters' slow moving scenes and concentrate on making a good ending it will be a good series, i liked tlbb a lot, loch is also very good, roch's ending was boring. knowing zhangjizhong, liu yi fei will probably be in hsds, if she gets picked i think she fits xiao zhao the most.

Want to argue don't argue like a child. This is not an exam where ZJZ and I are sitting for some O level crap and the playing field is leveled. He is suppose to be an expert in his field and thus we expect him to deliver at a professional level at least to that of his other productions.

I am sure you all can do a better ROCH 2006, so maybe you should be the ones doing it next time and we'll see how good it will be.

After ROCH06, ZJZ has dropped from my list of must-buy producers. I'll be more careful of where my money goes now. Even for his BXJ I'll wait for readers' comments and not rush to be the first kid in town to have a set of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    That is not true. Although I didn't talk "sh!t" about ZJZ, I disapproved of how he handled ROCH06. I have refrained from getting the dvd, only read other people's reviews (both pros and cons) and managed to watch several clips of the series to judge for myself. If he produces HSDS in the same fashion, I will not watch it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    After ROCH06, ZJZ has dropped from my list of must-buy producers. I'll be more careful of where my money goes now. Even for his BXJ I'll wait for readers' comments and not rush to be the first kid in town to have a set of it.
    yea, i agree. I would watch a production of HSDS by ZJZ, depending on who is in it. If LYF is cast in as ZM or ZZR, i would bypass it. She'd be tolerable in any other character.
    Maybe if i am impressed by BXJ, then i will watch it. At the moment, BXJ looks very good, however i could be disappointed. I was disappointed in ROCH and DGSD so i don't know if i would watch another ZJZ thing of HSDS.

strange because if you don't watch it you can't say how sh!t it is?
    It will be like someone saying that new pasta is sh!t without eating it

good games

rofl

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    strange because if you don't watch it you can't say how sh!t it is?
    It will be like someone saying that new pasta is sh!t without eating it

good games
    but if you know ahead of time that the series is going to be bad because of producers...so why watch it?

but if you know ahead of time that the series is going to be bad because of producers...so why watch it?
    to be able to have backed up argument's for the criticsm

After watching ROCH, I feel he's too hyped up. no big deal about his productions...so no big loss to us whether he completes the trilogy or not. In fact, I think he better give up doing any more Jing yong stuff.

I don't want to start a flame war or anything, but I have to agreed with a previous poster, you guys complain all the time, but frankly I doubt you can do any better if you were put into a position of adapting a Jin Yong novel. There were editing problems, but I think overall the quality is not bad. If you don't like it, then don't watch it, it's so simple. And no, you won't stop me from expressing my view by insulting me like a child, so if you don't like my view, that's just too bad.