Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    After watching ROCH, I feel he's too hyped up. no big deal about his productions...so no big loss to us whether he completes the trilogy or not. In fact, I think he better give up doing any more Jing yong stuff.
    strawberry...bad or not...if you make money out of this series...it is a success correct? there are few that dislike his series...but there many more that wish to see more.

i don't like it when some ppl said its wrong to complain, and that if we make series from wuxia stories, we wont be so good at it either.. well making series is not our job. i know i wont' be good at making any series or acting so i never attempt to get into this industry. its same thing like some singers these days trying to sing but don't have the voice, if those singers say to us: what if you guys try to sing? im sure not even as good as me. .... do you think this is a good excuse? at least some ppl know they don't have good voices so they don't even try singing. all im saying is that the entertainment industry people's goal is to please audience, thats their job...so ppl have the right to complain if they are dissatisfied and they should consider our criticisms and improve.

zhang ji zhong's series are good overall, but his roch disappointed me.. especially toward the end, which got very boring...
    Last edited by Ding Dang; 06-11-06 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruzlee
    I don't want to start a flame war or anything, but I have to agreed with a previous poster, you guys complain all the time, but frankly I doubt you can do any better if you were put into a position of adapting a Jin Yong novel. There were editing problems, but I think overall the quality is not bad. If you don't like it, then don't watch it, it's so simple. And no, you won't stop me from expressing my view by insulting me like a child, so if you don't like my view, that's just too bad.
    amazing how great people are at complaining about other's complaints.

Ignore us if you don't like our comments. No need to complain

I was actually very impressed by XAJH, found LOCH ok, then got kinda disappointed by ROCH. As for HSDS, HSDS 03 had something other than nice sceneries and the big budget to carry it out as a decent adaptation. The acting and chemistry between the characters was good, something ZJZ has failed to achieve in recent productions. So I think that if HSDS 03 was directed by ZJZ, i would have absolutely loved it.
    Last edited by 0-0-0; 06-11-06 at 04:29 AM.

Well, I don't like it when people try to impose their view on others. Feel free to complain a much as you want, I am just saying that if you are not happy with the series, why don't you make some useful recommendations to improve it? It may not be your job to make the series, but maybe you can use your brain to make some constructive criticism instead of just saying LYF can't act, etc?

Now back to HSDS, it's fine with me you like HSDS 03 and I don't like HSDS. What would be your ideal version of HSDS? Who would you want to be the director and producer?

Well, I don't like it when people try to impose their view on others. Feel free to complain a much as you want, I am just saying that if you are not happy with the series, why don't you make some useful recommendations to improve it? It may not be your job to make the series, but maybe you can use your brain to make some constructive criticism instead of just saying LYF can't act, etc?

Now back to HSDS, it's fine with me you like HSDS 03 and I don't like HSDS. What would be your ideal version of HSDS? Who would you want to be the director and producer?
    When did i say that other people's views were wrong and mine was the only correct one? I'm just saying that people have their own opinions. Ideally, in any series, ZJZ's big budget and beautiful scenery would be great.

I have not complained about LYF's poor acting in ROCH either, so don't impose false opinions of others. In fact, i have said many times, that her acting was quite an improvement from DGSD, and she had a suitable look for XLN, and was very good in the fight scenes.

As for HSDS 03, it is still a close tie between that and HSDS 86. HSDS 86 has a very classic wuxia feel to it, while HSDS had some good performances from the ZM, ZZR, Zhu Er, XZ and Bu Hui.

If you still want to hear someone else's opinion , here's mine:

ZJZ can be a very good director, who is capable of producing a wuxia series that is not fantasy like, such as XAJH and LOCH. It has only been in his later series, where he has resorted to eye candy and flashy effects to attract attention.

In an ideal HSDS, the leads would be able to carry the characters and plotline forward without having to resort purely to their looks or the fact that their surroundings are beautiful. The reason i still watch ZJZ series is that if he chooses the appropriate cast and creates a classic feel, he can still produce a good series well worth watching.

you sound like you deserve a cookie

I think you deserve a cookie more than me. hehehe

My apologies, 0-0-0, I wasn't directing my comments directly to you, so a bit of misunderstanding there.

Sure, ZJZ had a big budget and is a "professional," but that doesn't mean he can make a series that would satisfy _everyone_. I believe that the bigger a production is, the harder it is to execute.

I agree with the ones who object ROCH06 in some points. But overall, I'm glad to be able to watch a new ROCH series that portrays the story in a new way.

He was directing his comments at me. But he still resorted to his "if you are so good then go do an adaptation yourself" BS.
    I have the right to criticise ZJZ's work if I find that it is not up to my expectation. You can agree or disagree but there was no need to tell me off when you disagreed and then felt hurt when I tell you off. Don't act like a child if you do not want to be treated as one.

As for your "give constructive criticisms" where have you been for the past 400 pages of the main ROCH06? There were many "constructive criticisms" all over those 400 pages. One can sum up all the complaints and that is "Don't EDIT the shit out of the series!". We can put up with a schizo HXM running around screaming his head off but we would like to see a more smooth version of ROCH06 than what we got for the 41 Ep DVD.

My apologies, 0-0-0, I wasn't directing my comments directly to you, so a bit of misunderstanding there.
    Last edited by Surferket; 06-11-06 at 08:04 AM.

You are really trying hard to provoke me into a flame match with you? I am not intimated by you if want to know. Please act in a more mature manner. I have faith in you that you possess the mental capabilities to engage in debate without resorting to such condescending language ("Don't edit the SHIT out...is not really helpful and specific and does not qualify as constructive criticism). I look forward to discussing with you HSDS and ROCH if you can attain the mental intelligence necessary without succumbing to juvenille attacks on people who disagreed with you.
    Last edited by bruzlee; 06-11-06 at 09:44 AM.

Oh you mean you can provoke me and that's all right? Go back and read your own text to see where your belittling started.
    Pot kettle black.

You are really trying hard to provoke me into a flame match with you? I am not intimated by you if want to know. So please act in a more mature manner.

look forward to discussing with you HSDS and ROCH if you can attain the mental intelligence necessary without succumbing to juvenille attacks on people who disagreed with you.

"go do an adaptation if you think it is easy"
    meaning I should not criticise my lawyer who got me sentenced to death for stealing an apple analogy?

Or how about this one?
    "Don't criticise your architect who build your house crooked you should try being an architect first to know it's not easy to build a crooked house".

That's a BS argument. So nobody should criticise something that you like? If you are short of grey matter try not to imply that others are worse off than you.

look forward to discussing with you HSDS and ROCH if you can attain the mental intelligence necessary without succumbing to juvenille attacks on people who disagreed with you.
    Last edited by Surferket; 06-11-06 at 10:12 AM.

Surferket, I understand you have difficulty in understanding the term "civility", I hope you can one day develop the ability to understand that term. Also please look up the dictionary for the definition of "thin-skinned".

As for the rest of you, yes , I say things in blunt terms, but I don't mean to insult any of you. I address people's opinions, not the people themselves. If I had say things that have offend any of you, my apologies. But I believe that people should be entitled to their opinions even if you may not agreed with them.

Still this bickering is not very productive, so I will return to my original subject. I happen to like ROCH 2006 quite alot, it's not as good as the classic '83 Andy Lau version, but in terms of quality of acting and script, it is superior to the TVB 95 version. Contrary to what most people here think, I thought LYF was not bad as Xiaolongnu, I think she does capture that essence of Xiaolongnu, as Jin Yong himself said. Sure, she is not perfect, and is still rather stiff at times. But I feel she has room for improvement, but compared to Chinese Paladin, she has progress well.

As for HSDS, if the producer can combine ZJZs scenes and production value and the script and direction of the 83 version of ROCH, that would be close to perfect version of HSDS for me.
    Last edited by bruzlee; 06-11-06 at 10:32 AM.

somehow i get the feeling tat ppl on this board tends to have a short temper...arguments are breaking out everywhere whenever ROCH2006 or LYF is mentioned.

i thought ROCH2006 could be better but i still liked it. it felt more like a love story then a rite of passage, which is different to the other adaptions.

and as for HSDS...well i'm open to it. i don't see why he can't, i mean they could spend money to make some really horrible films then they can spend money to make something worthwhile. at least he would show the story from a different angle then the prejudice view of the characters.

like he did with ROCH, instead of focusing on YG's journey of self discovery and revenge, he focused more on the relationship of the two leads.

so if he did make HSDS i will watch it and i would rathered if he got unknown or relatively new actors and actress. a bit risky but at least then other people are given a chance at stardom. although i do like LYF, but i would rather she not star in it, can't see her as a ZM (although she does look quite good as a guy, ZM walked around in guys clothes for the first half of her appearance), i would rather if they got someone with more...sharp features.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    strawberry...bad or not...if you make money out of this series...it is a success correct? there are few that dislike his series...but there many more that wish to see more.
    Was ROCH a (commercia)l success in the end? actually, I don't know the answer myself. Actually, I also do not know if more people ended up liking it or disliking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    somehow i get the feeling tat ppl on this board tends to have a short temper...arguments are breaking out everywhere whenever ROCH2006 or LYF is mentioned.

i thought ROCH2006 could be better but i still liked it. it felt more like a love story then a rite of passage, which is different to the other adaptions.

and as for HSDS...well i'm open to it. i don't see why he can't, i mean they could spend money to make some really horrible films then they can spend money to make something worthwhile. at least he would show the story from a different angle then the prejudice view of the characters.

like he did with ROCH, instead of focusing on YG's journey of self discovery and revenge, he focused more on the relationship of the two leads.

so if he did make HSDS i will watch it and i would rathered if he got unknown or relatively new actors and actress. a bit risky but at least then other people are given a chance at stardom. although i do like LYF, but i would rather she not star in it, can't see her as a ZM (although she does look quite good as a guy, ZM walked around in guys clothes for the first half of her appearance), i would rather if they got someone with more...sharp features.
    Yah, need to relax people....then meaningful discussions can be carried out without emotions being too worked up.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Yah, need to relax people....then meaningful discussions can be carried out without emotions being too worked up.
    strawberry...just as long as people dont swear at each other...i'm fine with it...it keeps the thread moving. LOL

some people are tired of negavity of roch...and some are tired of criticism of roch from other people.

ZJZ is crap..bad director/producer...blah blah...but they end up watching his series...LOL..too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    craze fans vs non-craze fan...LOL

ROCH '06 is a love story...I always thought it was a love story...just by reading from the book, you could tell JY wanted it to be a love story. The past adaptation focus on other stuff. I guess people arent use to this one. I like this one because it feels different from the previous adaptations...83-98 feels the same for me...nothing new.

I cant wait for ZJZ to make HSDS. It'll be enjoyable to watch. I'm not hoping for something great but just something I could enjoy without getting bored. I thought LYF was great as XLN. People will not praise her. She will not get the same respect. Especially when she's young and getting big roles. She made big improvement her acting...but people will still call her a crappy actress...they just refuse to see it...and will label Idy/Fann/Carmen to be their best XLN. that's their opinion though...if LYF gets all the big role in the future...is it luck as some might say...and is she still a bad actress...people can improve and can get better. i had a few arguement/debate about alyssa in other forums back in the days...and alyssa's career turned out to be quite good.[/quote]