Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

And I'm very tired of the peeps who proudly declares that ROCH06 is the only ZJZ production they have ever watched and that they have never watch any of the TVB/SG/TW versions of whatever series and that in their opinion ROCH06 is THE VERY VERY BEST EVER MADE.
    Oh and that anyone who criticise ROCH06 should first go film an adaptation before opening his/her mouth to complain. That's so very SG PAP response to SG citizens to join a political party before having the rights to open mouth to point out what's wrong with the system.

OMG!! What happened to the blains? (PCK version of brains)
    Last edited by Surferket; 06-12-06 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazylife123
    some people are tired of negavity of roch...and some are tired of criticism of roch from other people.
    Some people are sick of others saying... LYF is the best XLN because she is BEAUTIFUL

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Some people are sick of others saying... LYF is the best XLN because she is BEAUTIFUL
    Well...if you're saying it to me...i never said that 'LYF is the best XLN because she is BEAUTIFUL'...

with her looks...i would say...she's the best description of XLN. XLN suppose to look young/naive/innocence/beautiful/etc...

0-0-0 is giving an example of some of the insane remarks arising from the fanboyz of ROCH06. Not to say you made those remarks. Similarly, my post is not directed at you but to some of the really illogical remarks made by the johnny-come-latelys that pissed me off major.
    Seriously folks, please bring your brains along when you post on a forum. Otherwise, aliens might think spcnet is home of the mindless zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Well...if you're saying it to me...i never said that 'LYF is the best XLN because she is BEAUTIFUL'...

with her looks...i would say...she's the best description of XLN. XLN suppose to look young/naive/innocence/beautiful/etc...

No i didn't direct it at you, because you aren't making those kind of insane comments...

but if you look around, i don't think you can deny that others are making comments like that.

In fact people go to extremes regard LYF's performances as 'the best' and saying that even in DGSD, she was fabulous... and IMO, most rationale fans would say that LYF improved a lot in ROCH, but was really quite bad in DGSD

No i didn't direct it at you, because you aren't making those kind of insane comments...

but if you look around, i don't think you can deny that others are making comments like that.

In fact people go to extremes regard LYF's performances as 'the best' and saying that even in DGSD, she was fabulous... and IMO, most rationale fans would say that LYF improved a lot in ROCH, but was really quite bad in DGSD
    In DGSD, i didnt even think about her acting skills...she looked clueless all the time...trying too hard. She caught only my eyes. LOL

In CP, she was a little better...but still didn't have life in her eyes...still trying too hard.

In ROCH, from 1-10 rating...she came from a 2 to 8/9...she wasn't perfect in it too...but i give her props for big improvement.

In DGSD, i didnt even think about her acting skills...she looked clueless all the time...trying too hard. She caught only my eyes. LOL

In CP, she was a little better...but still didn't have life in her eyes...still trying too hard.

In ROCH, from 1-10 rating...she came from a 2 to 8/9...she wasn't perfect in it too...but i give her props for big improvement.
    That's good, you have much better judgement than most LYF fans. However the number of LYF fans that say LYF is the best in terms of look and acting is astounding, and they are often impossible to reason with, which is why LYF and ROCH is always a sensitive issue.

Most ROCH criticisers will find LYF's performance up to scratch, as it is not LYF that makes us dislike the series. For some reaons, anyone who criticises ROCH is labelled as a LYF hater, which is definitely not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    0-0-0 is giving an example of some of the insane remarks arising from the fanboyz of ROCH06. Not to say you made those remarks. Similarly, my post is not directed at you but to some of the really illogical remarks made by the johnny-come-latelys that pissed me off major.
    Seriously folks, please bring your brains along when you post on a forum. Otherwise, aliens might think spcnet is home of the mindless zombies.
    you see...i dont really care if people criticize a certain actor/actress/director/producer/series...just dont make any stupid ones.

for example..." I hate TLBB/ROCH...good scenery but storyline was bad"...that's fine with me.

"I hate all of ZJZ's work. He should not produce anymore." If you hate all of his work, then dont watch any of his series anymore...if end up watching his series again...why make the stupid comment in the first place. because if you end up watching it...there is something you like about ZJZ that kept you watching it.

That's good, you have much better judgement than most LYF fans. However the number of LYF fans that say LYF is the best in terms of look and acting is astounding, and they are often impossible to reason with, which is why LYF and ROCH is always a sensitive issue.

Most ROCH criticisers will find LYF's performance up to scratch, as it is not LYF that makes us dislike the series. For some reaons, anyone who criticises ROCH is labelled as a LYF hater, which is definitely not true.
    people say i'm a craze fan of lyf...but i'm actually a craze fan of all the beautiful ladies...it's just that people tend to attack only her...i use to defend alyssa chia...but since she's doing fine...i dont have to say anything...

i mean...if you know lyf improve from her previous series...is she still consider a bad actress? i would rather say she still need improvement...not just label her as a 'bad actress'...because she did well in role as XLN.

plus, some people say that LYF's acting was good only because XLN is a one/two dimensional character...ok...so how about the acting skill of Idy's as XLN...one dimensional too? then you make Idy who people claim to be a great actress looks mediocre as well.

I loved his XAJH most and found his other works of LOCH, TLBB of good standards. That's why I supported his work on ROCH but ended up very disappointed when it failed to measure up to the standards of his earlier works. ROCH was really lacking in the soul dept, which all his other productions had despite some problems in each.

Thus far, based on some of the comments on his BXJ I'd still rate that series as a must-buy if the final product continues to bring forth reasonably fair comments. But I'd not rush to buy it until it has been reeased commercially and time enough has past for a more detailed commentary from the regulars here. Now it's my turn to tell ZJZ that I too "money no enogh" to throw on trash.

I think I am reasonable enough to say that I'm astounded by LYF's portrayal of XLN. She has brought her own qualities to play that role and I have no complaints about her at all and think she has made that role a special trademark linked to her that others will have a hard time to challenge in the future.

i mean...if you know lyf improve from her previous series...is she still consider a bad actress? i would rather say she still need improvement...not just label her as a 'bad actress'...because she did well in role as XLN.

plus, some people say that LYF's acting was good only because XLN is a one/two dimensional character...ok...so how about the acting skill of Idy's as XLN...one dimensional too? then you make Idy who people claim to be a great actress looks mediocre as well.

LYF wasn't awful in DGSD since the character had little to do other than follow her cousin around and put up with Jimmy Lin's doe-eyed infatuation. As a matter-of-fact, aside from the well scene, all she had to do was follow people around and look pretty.

I think I am reasonable enough to say that I'm astounded by LYF's portrayal of XLN. She has brought her own qualities to play that role and I have no complaints about her at all and think she has made that role a special trademark linked to her that others will have a hard time to challenge in the future.
    I was so astounded that i enjoyed LYF's acting more than HXM's. i thought HXM would be great and LYF would be like CP or DGSD standard, but then, yea got reversed

I think i would have enjoyed watching her more if they didn't do shots of her looking around blankly for 20 seconds. A lot of that time could have been spent on side characters. I got sick of those long shots that seemed to serve no purpose except to explore LYF's beauty.

Watched ROCH with my parents...just to see what they say about it...they watched it until ep. 5. they said LYF was beautiful and HXM doesnt look right for his age...and ask me why he was acting like a little kid.

I dont know if we could blame him for his overacting in roch...it could be the director who asked him to do all the crazy thing he did in roch...because some people actually label him as a 'bad actor'...i dont think he's a bad actor...he did very well in his other series...its just every hard to portray an 18 old while you're 28 yourself...i have to admit though...his voice dubbing was horrible. he made the crying scene to be funny scene instead...he cant laugh or cry. i think if someone dub his voice...hxm would have been fine...oh well...hxm said he wanted to try...i dont think he'll do it again.

I was so astounded that i enjoyed LYF's acting more than HXM's. i thought HXM would be great and LYF would be like CP or DGSD standard, but then, yea got reversed

I think i would have enjoyed watching her more if they didn't do shots of her looking around blankly for 20 seconds. A lot of that time could have been spent on side characters. I got sick of those long shots that seemed to serve no purpose except to explore LYF's beauty.
    I dont think director ZM wanted to explore LYF's beauty...but rather try to make it more dramatic...but failed to do so...it felt like a korean drama scene to me...and they do a lot of that 20 sec head shot.

i think if someone dub his voice...hxm would have been fine...oh well...hxm said he wanted to try...i dont think he'll do it again.
    i hope he doesn't do it again... i think it definitely did affect his performance, while LYF's voice over did help her come across as being a bit older and more mature.

The problem with HXM is really his age. Even in the second half where he'd lost his arm he really looked like LYF's father standing next to her. There is too much a real age gap between the 2 of them.

I dont think director ZM wanted to explore LYF's beauty...but rather try to make it more dramatic...but failed to do so...it felt like a korean drama scene to me...and they do a lot of that 20 sec head shot.
    Well i kept feeling as thought ZJZ was just using LYF's beauty to sell the series and make people watch it. Those 20 second shots really started to annoy me, because i realised that of all the things to cut, those should have been the first to go, because they really did not aid the production, maybe for a guy, but for a girl, it seriously got very tedious. They could have added another LWS scene in instead

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    LYF wasn't awful in DGSD since the character had little to do other than follow her cousin around and put up with Jimmy Lin's doe-eyed infatuation. As a matter-of-fact, aside from the well scene, all she had to do was follow people around and look pretty.
    I could also say that the role wasn't that great to begin with...nothing special...but just stood there and look pretty and she did quite well in those scenes...LOL.

And those lots of 20 secs cost us the viewers the ending part of XLN's fight at the Cheng Zhen place where she got attacked by their elders and ended up injured.
    We never got to see that part of the fight as it was edited out. LYF was fantastic in that long fight sequence.