Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Ma Gorn Jor vs. Yeung Teet Sum or a junior Gong Nam 7 Freak?

  1. #1
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,966

    Default Ma Gorn Jor vs. Yeung Teet Sum or a junior Gong Nam 7 Freak?

    Of the various mercenary warriors that the Mongolian court hired during ROCH, Ma Gorn Jor was, by far, the weakest. It's said that he really didn't have much martial arts to speak of...just devastating muscular strength.

    So just how bad was Ma? Could he defeat Yeung Teet Sum from LOCH in one-on-one combat? Can he handle one of the weaker members of the Gong Nam 7 Freaks (i.e. not Ohr Jen Ngok or Chu Chung) one-on-one?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Of the various mercenary warriors that the Mongolian court hired during ROCH, Ma Gorn Jor was, by far, the weakest. It's said that he really didn't have much martial arts to speak of...just devastating muscular strength.

    So just how bad was Ma? Could he defeat Yeung Teet Sum from LOCH in one-on-one combat? Can he handle one of the weaker members of the Gong Nam 7 Freaks (i.e. not Ohr Jen Ngok or Chu Chung) one-on-one?
    I think Yeung Teet Sum Sum can beat Ma. I think he can beat Fok Do and Fok Do's senior or at least at his level.

  3. #3
    Senior Member jadebunny9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hoppingland
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I think Yeung Teet Sum Sum can beat Ma. I think he can beat Fok Do and Fok Do's senior or at least at his level.
    You think Yeung Teet Sum can beat Fok Do?

  4. #4
    Senior Member yittz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I think Yeung Teet Sum Sum can beat Ma. I think he can beat Fok Do and Fok Do's senior or at least at his level.
    ROCH Huo Du is at least LOCH QCJ level, which translates to 7 Freaks together, any of which is likely to be above Yang Tie Xing.

    OT: I think Yang Tie Xing or any Freak can win.
    Ma is just a strong man.

  5. #5
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,966

    Default

    Was Ma really so unskilled? It seems like any wulin warrior would be able to defeat Yeung Teet Sum.

    ROCH '83 (inaccurately, of course) put him on par with Dat Yee Ba in skill. He was depicted as a bit deficient in the hing gung department, but was otherwise moderately skilled.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    332

    Default

    I doubt that Ma would be invited to an assembly of the best fighters in the empire if he was merely at Yang's level.
    Good site to find movies:
    http://www.rivercay.org

  7. #7
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley View Post
    I doubt that Ma would be invited to an assembly of the best fighters in the empire if he was merely at Yang's level.
    My thoughts precisely. He obviously had something to recommend him to Kublai other than his immense strength (because strongmen were a dime a dozen in the empire). Even if inner power and hing gung weren't his strong suits, the guy must have had some talents beyond just raw power.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,728

    Default

    a gong nam 7 freak can beat both of them 1 vs 2. i dont even consider yeung teet sum a threat at all
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  9. #9
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,556

    Default

    IIRC, it was stated that Ma's martial arts level was very ordinary, but Kublai Khan liked his character and personality, which is why he was invited to the dinner.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Similar Threads

  1. Yeung Gor and his grandfather, Yeung Teet Sum
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-08-20, 12:30 PM
  2. Why did Yeung Teet Sum commit suicide?
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-24-17, 11:50 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-26-16, 03:22 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-08, 06:55 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-06, 05:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •