Thread: Ma Gorn Jor vs. Yeung Teet Sum or a junior Gong Nam 7 Freak?

Default Ma Gorn Jor vs. Yeung Teet Sum or a junior Gong Nam 7 Freak?

Of the various mercenary warriors that the Mongolian court hired during ROCH, Ma Gorn Jor was, by far, the weakest. It's said that he really didn't have much martial arts to speak of...just devastating muscular strength.

So just how bad was Ma? Could he defeat Yeung Teet Sum from LOCH in one-on-one combat? Can he handle one of the weaker members of the Gong Nam 7 Freaks (i.e. not Ohr Jen Ngok or Chu Chung) one-on-one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Of the various mercenary warriors that the Mongolian court hired during ROCH, Ma Gorn Jor was, by far, the weakest. It's said that he really didn't have much martial arts to speak of...just devastating muscular strength.

So just how bad was Ma? Could he defeat Yeung Teet Sum from LOCH in one-on-one combat? Can he handle one of the weaker members of the Gong Nam 7 Freaks (i.e. not Ohr Jen Ngok or Chu Chung) one-on-one?
    I think Yeung Teet Sum Sum can beat Ma. I think he can beat Fok Do and Fok Do's senior or at least at his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I think Yeung Teet Sum Sum can beat Ma. I think he can beat Fok Do and Fok Do's senior or at least at his level.
    You think Yeung Teet Sum can beat Fok Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    ROCH Huo Du is at least LOCH QCJ level, which translates to 7 Freaks together, any of which is likely to be above Yang Tie Xing.

OT: I think Yang Tie Xing or any Freak can win.
    Ma is just a strong man.

Was Ma really so unskilled? It seems like any wulin warrior would be able to defeat Yeung Teet Sum.

ROCH '83 (inaccurately, of course) put him on par with Dat Yee Ba in skill. He was depicted as a bit deficient in the hing gung department, but was otherwise moderately skilled.

I doubt that Ma would be invited to an assembly of the best fighters in the empire if he was merely at Yang's level.
    Good site to find movies:
    http://www.rivercay.org

Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley View Post
    I doubt that Ma would be invited to an assembly of the best fighters in the empire if he was merely at Yang's level.
    My thoughts precisely. He obviously had something to recommend him to Kublai other than his immense strength (because strongmen were a dime a dozen in the empire). Even if inner power and hing gung weren't his strong suits, the guy must have had some talents beyond just raw power.

a gong nam 7 freak can beat both of them 1 vs 2. i dont even consider yeung teet sum a threat at all
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

IIRC, it was stated that Ma's martial arts level was very ordinary, but Kublai Khan liked his character and personality, which is why he was invited to the dinner.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!