View Poll Results: The world's greatest rock 'n roll band ever was...

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Beatles

9 81.82%
  • The Rolling Stones

2 18.18%

Thread: Beatles vs. Rolling Stones

Default Beatles vs. Rolling Stones

Which was the world's greatest rock 'n roll band ever?

I think Beatles is slightly on the upperhand. The makeup of the famous four seems to compliment each other pretty well. Each does what he do best. Although the band still can't run away from the fate of "There's no banquet that lasts forever".

Nobody doesn't know "Let it be" and Beatles, is one.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 10-25-08 at 01:41 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I think Beatles is slightly on the upperhand. The makeup of the famous four seems to compliment each other pretty well. Each does what he do best. Although the band still can't run away from the fate of "There's no banquet that lasts forever".
    They got more accomplished in their eight years together as a recording outfit (and fourteen years overall as a band) than most groups do in three times that amount of time. The achievements they had between 1962 when they released "Love Me Do" (their first record) and 1970 when they released the LET IT BE album is staggering.

The Rolling Stones have quite a formidable musical legacy themselves, although I think that really, the Stones haven't put out a really great record since 1981. They're still great performers, but not the worldshakers they were during the 1960s and 1970s.

The Fab Four is unmatched under heaven. The impact they had upon pop and rock culture was so immense that no other band could hope to come close, not even The Rolling Stones. The fact that the number of copies of albums theyve sold in the US ONLY is even almost equal to the number of copies of The Rolling Stones' albums sold worldwide says more than words.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Quote Originally Posted by wuyuejin View Post
    The Fab Four is unmatched under heaven. The impact they had upon pop and rock culture was so immense that no other band could hope to come close, not even The Rolling Stones. The fact that the number of copies of albums theyve sold in the US ONLY is even almost equal to the number of copies of The Rolling Stones' albums sold worldwide says more than words.
    What makes it even crazier is that the Beatles stopped recording new material in 1970, while the Stones have been recording regularly from 1964 onwards.

Just started listening 2 their stuff and loving it!! First DL album "the beatles" aka the white album...after hearing danger mouse mix it with Jay's black album about 3 years ago...thought it was okay .only song that really had me hooked was "while my guitar gentally weeps"..

Coincidentally came across (ringo and paul's) interview with Larry king..now im hooked! lol...got sg.pepper, revolver, abbey road and a mix of stuff i liked from their greatest hits album on constant loop on my Ipod...

I definetly recommend everyone check them out....
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Led Zepplin...they wrote the song.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

If I say Rolling Stones, will I be banned?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I'm not really a fan of either - but all things considered, I think The Beatles deserve the title more.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里