Thread: Need Help with Norton AV

Default Need Help with Norton AV

Anyone has had to unistall Norton and successfully done so?

My desktop came with a trial Norton AV. I want to uninstall it so I can install another AV. I uninstalled Norton via the add/remove program, deleted Norton/Symantec folders in Program Files. I also used Norton removal tool. I went into the registry to delete Norton/Symantec keys and values. I also used the search/find to locate any Norton stuff left and deleted everything. Yet, when I install the new AV it gives an error alerting me that there's an antivirus already installed. Can someone help me?

Its hard to help coz I dont have access to your comp. You should google with phrases like 'how to uninstall nortorn av', therere plenty of useful tricks available on the net. Norton really sucks balls!! Damn, I will never forget how I had to spend 2 f**king days to try to uninstall this piece of shit. Anyway, I think the best measure in situations like this is reinstalling the operating system or ghosting your comp. Thatll take you 1 or 2 hours at most while if you insist on getting rid of Norton manually it's likely you'll waste at least half a day.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Thank you. Reinstalling Windows will bring back Norton, since it came preinstalled in my machine. I'll keep searching.

When reinstalling the operating system it will offer you choices of formatting your hard drive or a totally new installation. Choose either, then no way Norton can annoy you anymore.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Ah, I didn't think of that. I am going to try your suggestion. Hopefully my computer will allow that option. Thanks a lot wuyuejin. Anyway, I tried some suggestions from this one site and it worked for one computer but didn't work for the other. Darn Norton!!