Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

well for "twilight" my friends and me all read the books. but when we saw the movie we drop dead. it was awful for us. (No offense to all who liked it) We thought it could've been better.

And yes like mention somewhere before in this thread, I think they fall in love too fast.

Though I thought the movie was horrible, I know alot of people who loves it. But those were people who didn't read the book so they couldn't compare. As for the books, "Twilight" was the best one, the other 3 were ok but a bit on the down hill side.
    YANG

I saw Twilight a handful of weeks ago and thought it was quite childish and immature. It's obviously a movie targeted at teenage girls, really not my cup of tea. Not only that, but like someone said before me, the acting was stiff and constipated. I would rate the movie 2 stars out of 5.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

I wasn't too crazy for this mediocre flick. It was only alright. It gave me the feeling of something lacking. In short, nothing much happened. Might as well sit down for a TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    I saw Twilight a handful of weeks ago and thought it was quite childish and immature. It's obviously a movie targeted at teenage girls, really not my cup of tea. Not only that, but like someone said before me, the acting was stiff and constipated. I would rate the movie 2 stars out of 5.
    Yes, stiff. Too vampire-ish?

Quote Originally Posted by Qin_Shu_Bao View Post
    I wasn't too crazy for this mediocre flick. It was only alright. It gave me the feeling of something lacking. In short, nothing much happened. Might as well sit down for a TV series.
    I think what is lacking is, the leading actor and actress don't have enough chemistry.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    HEY! I have you know that the books and movie said vampires GLITTER! Girls happen to think it is sexy that vampires act all tough but have this sweet sensitive side at the center like the lion who falls in love with the lamb. OMG! It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO romantic! LOL! Like OMG!

Seriously, if you found the movie stupid, I am sure you'll find the books that they're based on just as stupid or even more stupid. I cant' comprehend the rabid fandom and the overhyped poplularity of the book series. You're right, bad characterization. I read the first two books of the series when it was not that popular and the main "heroine" annoyed me so much. And then there's the shallow love story of Bella and Edward, it failed to convinced me of it's depth. Just because you TELL me you're in love doesn't mean you are. You have to SHOW. THe author does not know how to SHOW...readers/watchers of the book/movie just to accept it as a fact.

I can't believe they're coming out with a movie sequel. YET another set of books that don't deserve the fame. I am sure Mrs. Meyer is happy that she can milk her cashcow and feed her family. Who would have thunk that her dream of vampires and a girl could gain her so much money? And how her stories were so "original", yeah right.

It maybe an age issue for me when I tried reading the books and did not manage to go ga-ga over the story like so many people (many of whom are around me). I didn't care much about the romance or the main girl nor Edward (can't help remembering when everyone around me kept mentioning his name). Tried book 1, couldn't finish it ; tried book 2, couldn't finish it ; tried book 4, couldn't finish it. I don't blame the main actress and actor in the movie for not having chemistry because I don't feel the chemistry either in the books. And yes, the main girl gets on my nerves. If I want to read about paranormal romance or some sexy vampire heroes, there are much better ones out there.

As for the movie, I couldn't manage to watch the entire movie either (I'm either too stubborn to give up or too stupid to still try again, whatever ). The acting in general is...below standard, the movie just gives me an amateurish feeling, as if it's a college assignment from filmmaking students.

Quote Originally Posted by anggemb View Post
    Anyways, though I don't hate Robert Pattinson, I was able to watch a movie starred by Jonathan Rhys Meyers (of Tudors fame). He was supposedly the author's first choice to play Edward. Man, is he a good actor! He's not as pretty as R-Patz but he is really cool. Too bad he looked too old to be playing Edward when they filmed the movie plus he was too busy filming the Tudors. He would've given depth to the character and the movie. No constipation for sure. Don't hate me R-Patz fans!
    I think you meant Henry Cavill (also from Tudors), whom Stephenie Meyer favored for the leading role initially. Henry Cavill is a cutie but Jonathan Rhys Meyers...wow (I'm blushing )
    Last edited by BearBearNweather; 05-11-09 at 10:12 AM.

OMG! I can't untill New Moon is out in November and I saw the trailer already!!!

Personally, I think this film looks like crap. Maybe that’s because I dislike Twilight in the first place, but it still looks very poor quality.
    SPCNET FORUM GUIDELINES

IV a) Advertisements/Spamming - Advertising of pirated or copied VCDs, DVDs, and other related medias are not allowed.

The books were promoting extremely dark themes and bored me to death. They definitely were not classics and frankly laughable at many points (such as quotes like "You are like my personal brand of Heroin").

The film was awful.

They took one of the worst books I've ever read and made it even worse.

As bad if not worse compared to epic movie, meet the spartans etc.

My colleague is a fan of the book series and she told me of the story in general, which I found excessively dumb and immature.

The movie didn't even seem interesting so I never watched it. Hmm...
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I was at a party last night where the majority of the people there were literature students, and the topic of Twilight came up. I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one who thought that Twilight is among one of the most horrid piece of writing (I will not even call it literature) ever. I read the plot on Wikipedia, and it was just horrible. Apparently the writing style of the book was just as immature. It was deemed as worse than the writing style of Harry Potter, and that says a lot.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I can't wait to watch The Twilight Saga: New moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    I was at a party last night where the majority of the people there were literature students, and the topic of Twilight came up. I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one who thought that Twilight is among one of the most horrid piece of writing (I will not even call it literature) ever. I read the plot on Wikipedia, and it was just horrible. Apparently the writing style of the book was just as immature. It was deemed as worse than the writing style of Harry Potter, and that says a lot.
    LOL! I would've love to be at the party you were at, so I can laugh and join them in the discussion. They're so right! I always knew you had good taste.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Why don't they make good "vampire" films these days?! Now, everything is teenage teenage and girly sappy things.... how depressing.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

i simply adore that movie, especially actors starring in it!!!
    I want to find the best clipart in the world!

Thumbs up Vampire Movie

In this movie a Vampire loves with natural girl.
    This movie full of action and Romance...........
    You can Watch Twilight Online from here..............

i haven't watch it yet and have no plans to. my teenage brother in law rented it and put it on at home but i didn't watch it. the trailer didn't grab my attention either.

from some of the comments, i think i'll rather watch mr. vampire.
    ---------
    Shellie

I was at a brunch meeting today, and a topic on Twilight comes along. Nay, I can't feel the charm of the book and find the movie forgettable. (I can't even be bothered with reading Harry Potter books.)

After listening to the story-exchange of the enthusiatic readers of the vampy story, New Moon, I conclude that it is an utter crap, so be warned!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I thought the Twilight saga is meant to cater to audiences of ages 16 and under? That would explain why a vast majority of people who dislike the series are above that age range.

Quote Originally Posted by fridaythe13th View Post
    Why don't they make good "vampire" films these days?! Now, everything is teenage teenage and girly sappy things.... how depressing.
    If you want to read real vampire novels, Anne Rice has written quite a few good ones. "Interview with the Vampire" is one of my favorite movies based on a famous novel written by her. Beautiful movie with fine acting and intelligent dialogue. Tom Cruise delivered a great performance as Lestat... probably the only movie of his that I actually enjoy.

I really don't see how the hype grew this big. it's truly just a simple read. the movie doesn't really give any justice to the book.

Charlie Swan has to be the most goodlooking guy in the series.