Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twilight The Movie

Default Twilight The Movie

I just finished reading the entire Twilight saga and I just say, I am totally psyched that they are doing a movie on it...

I am sooo in love with Edward Cullen and admit that I harbor a soft spot for Jacob Black as well. I'm glad they got the guy who played Cedric Diggory to play Edward in the movie and I think Kristen Stewart (The Messengers) makes for a good Bella Swan. I think the guy playing Jacob is cool enough (He's that kid from Shark Boy and Lava Girl) but it would be a fairer contest if he was prettier, I' thinking Stephen (or Steven?) Strait from 10,000 BC and The Covenant, because Edward is very pretty.

So, I've seen a portion of the trailer and it looks promising enough. I hope they adjusted dialogue for the screenplay, and not repeat the mistake of the first Harry Potter movie (Sorcerer's Stone).. long story..

so just pop in and feel free to discuss Twilight if you're as excited about it as I am, while we await the theatrical premier.

ciao

Is twighlight that movie about a vampire or something?
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

^
    it's a book series about vampires and will be a movie come Nov 21st

i have to say i don't like her writing very much. plot wise, i'm okay (for twilight anyway; i haven't read the other 3), since you can't really go wrong with a hot vampire . but her technical writing is dreadful >_< it's like she didn't have an editor. graceful and sinuous are the two terms that kept popping up to describe the cullens every other sentence. i'm like, go find a thesaurus, woman.

and although the movie seems like it might be corny, i'm actually looking forward to it. i'm a sucker for chick flicks and cute male leads anyway.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Actually on HBO there is also a similar series about a pyshic girl (Telepathy/Mind Reader) who is in love with a vampire (Bill Compton) called True Blood. It's a terrific series but supremely R rated, full with sex and violence, sometimes unwatchable, well it's on cable so that is expected.

True Blood is an American television drama series created by Alan Ball, based on the Sookie Stackhouse book series by Charlaine Harris

Sookie Stackhouse is the main character in The Southern Vampire Mysteries, a series of eight books written by New York Times bestselling author Charlaine Harris that were first published in 2001.
    I never read a vampire book before, but I think this book is intended primarily for girls .

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003 View Post
    ^
    it's a book series about vampires and will be a movie come Nov 21st

i have to say i don't like her writing very much. plot wise, i'm okay (for twilight anyway; i haven't read the other 3), since you can't really go wrong with a hot vampire . but her technical writing is dreadful >_< it's like she didn't have an editor. graceful and sinuous are the two terms that kept popping up to describe the cullens every other sentence. i'm like, go find a thesaurus, woman.

and although the movie seems like it might be corny, i'm actually looking forward to it. i'm a sucker for chick flicks and cute male leads anyway.
    Yup. That woman can not write great fiction or even great literature worth the Nobel Prize. It's really lame when you think about it on a deeper level and then the fans claim it is deep? WTH? I have read better books on vampires and wolves. I mean, I read the sequel of Twilight and completely gave up on the series afterwards. The final book caused so much controversey--a lot of people hated the book and some liked it.

She's completely overrated and I hope all her books get burned to hell.

I'm not going to spend 10 bucks to watch her movie in theatres. If I really want to see it, I'll wait for it to go on DVD and watch it then. No way am I going to support her any more! She deserves NO support and should go back to being a stay-at-home-mom!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Well I admit that I quite liked the first book. Then things just went downhill from there...Bella became a typical annoying damsel in distress. Boo. The last book was horrific...my best friend who at first nagged at me to start reading Twilight utterly hated the last book. Now she hates anything Twilight-related, lol. I guess I won't mind watching the movie since there's quite a bit of eye candy. =)

^^

well, i don't think the woman should be banned from writing >_< i mean, i'm not too artsy but it would suck for someone to tell me to stop drawing. and it's not like her fault teen girls revere her work so much. and yeah, i was contend with the first book, so i knew not to venture on. it was a good place to stop, although it didn't answer all the questions. i think the problem with authors is that they develop these super cool plots not knowing how to conclude them, therefore not knowing how to develop them properly. so the story always starts out great but dwindles down to crappy turns of events. Fruits Basket the manga, Heroes the tv series, to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003 View Post
    ^^

well, i don't think the woman should be banned from writing >_< i mean, i'm not too artsy but it would suck for someone to tell me to stop drawing. and it's not like her fault teen girls revere her work so much. and yeah, i was contend with the first book, so i knew not to venture on. it was a good place to stop, although it didn't answer all the questions. i think the problem with authors is that they develop these super cool plots not knowing how to conclude them, therefore not knowing how to develop them properly. so the story always starts out great but dwindles down to crappy turns of events. Fruits Basket the manga, Heroes the tv series, to name a few.
    But even with Twilight it was still on the weak side. I could not relate to Bella at all and the plot was not as great. Perhaps, when you first read it , its new and stuff, but, I did not feel it was the greatest book I've read. She just got lucky and now she's like J. K. Rowling raking in the cash.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Oh, I saw that book only awhile ago when I was at this major bookstore hurting for a decent diary. And, it was only a few hours ago that I saw this book, which is not a Harry Potter series, with a familiar face. Ah! Cedric Diggory! Wait a minute! This Cedric has a vampire-al aura and looks more fashionable.

Then I noticed the title that reads "Twilight". I wanted to purchase that novel, then I was annoyed because there was hardly any summary for me to preview so as to decide if it'll make it a worthy buy.

Now I know, I'm glad I didn't purchase. Amen!

I still like my "Bastard of Istanbul" better!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

well, twilight was never meant to be a golden literary piece to begin with. it was just a teen romance novel. it shouldn't have been expected to be the best book ever written. books written for the masses, while very entertaining, are unlikely to be your most polished profound pieces. i'll admit it falls short even in its fiction genre, but to expect it to compare to the best would be unreasonable. the strong point about twilight was that it brought out that teenage infatuation phase we all once knew so well.

as for bella, i don't like her either, but actually because i can identify with her . she doesn't have any heroine characteristic. a normal girl with very realistic flaws.

hey guys!

it would seem that I'm the only one (so far) on this threat who liked the entire series. Although you might have a point (about the story not being too deep/ the criticisms about the writing), I should say it worked for me because the characters were described in such a manner that made you picture them in your minds, I mean as far as vampires go, how perfectly could you describe perfection, right?

I liked the Harry Potter series and I was one of the legions of fans who lined up in the bookstores to spend my hard earned money on the first copies of the book, but I should say that S.M. is kind of catering to a different market than J.K.R. To be honest, I didn't like HP books 5 and 6 all that much... so nobody's perfect. I think they're just comparing the two series not because of the writing styles but the volume of sales. For me, they're both top notch writers and I'm a fan of them both.

I'm not trying to justify S.M.'s writing at all, you see. I read about one interview where she admitted that she didn't do a lot of research on vampires and werewolves to begin with and just went with the established lores about the two mythical creatures. I guess that would answer your question of her limited descriptions of her characters. But I do appreciate the fact that she kept it simple and that she focused on the development of her characters, rather than weave new theories about vampires and werewolves.

After all, it isn't really a vampire novel. It's a love story that just happened to have a vampire in the lead. Regarding Bella though, she is human, and flawed, which was pretty much illustrated throughout the series so I guess if she does a lot of stupid things, I wouldn't pit that against her so much.
    I'm still excited to see the movie! Peace!

edward cullen is SO handsome <33 such a cute movie.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

movie wasn't great but the eye candy was =)

i sneaked into to other movies so it made the 10 bucks spent worthwhile.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

This movie got explosive box-office No. 1 opening of 70 million, and what make it more dreadful, the sequel (New Moon) is now officially greenlighted - kah-kah-kah, lol - it's all thanx to all teenage girls flocking out to the cinema for a sold-out viewing in most cinemas across the North America:

Los Angeles, CA November 22, 2008 – Summit Entertainment announced today that the studio is officially moving forward with the production of NEW MOON, the second installment of its filmed franchise TWILIGHT, the action-packed, modern day vampire love story. The movie will be based on the second novel in author Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series titled, New Moon. The first movie in the TWILIGHT franchise, the self-titled TWILIGHT, arrived in theaters this weekend to sold-out showings.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 11-25-08 at 04:51 PM.

yeah, it already earned more than double its entire production cost in its opening weekend, could you imagine how big that is?

I soooo looove the books but I'm not going to expect too much from the movie because of the shiteous reviews its been getting. Not to say I'm not going to see it on the big screen though. hahaha! cant wait for new moon. I hope they get Stephen (or is it Steven) Strait to play Jacob this time. I saw on STepehnie Meyer's website (on one of the proposed posters) that he was one of the choices. hahaha! If he plays Jacob, Bella would be hard pressed to choose who is hotter between her two leading men. I'll be on Jacob's corner then.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by anggemb View Post
    yeah, it already earned more than double its entire production cost in its opening weekend, could you imagine how big that is?

I soooo looove the books but I'm not going to expect too much from the movie because of the shiteous reviews its been getting. Not to say I'm not going to see it on the big screen though. hahaha! cant wait for new moon. I hope they get Stephen (or is it Steven) Strait to play Jacob this time. I saw on STepehnie Meyer's website (on one of the proposed posters) that he was one of the choices. hahaha! If he plays Jacob, Bella would be hard pressed to choose who is hotter between her two leading men. I'll be on Jacob's corner then.
    hey hear this song - by A Fine Frenzy - Near To You
    A song which is very suitable for New Moon .

No, I don't read the book, or watch the movie at the cinema, I'm sure going to download it when it's available on the net though, haha. No I'm not girlie , but hey - people talk about me that way all the time, I said to them - STFU . Anyway I just love the song, very melodious .

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA8opx-d44c
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 11-26-08 at 05:59 AM.

Default constipated much?

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    hey hear this song - by A Fine Frenzy - Near To You
    A song which is very suitable for New Moon .

No, I don't read the book, or watch the movie at the cinema, I'm sure going to download it when it's available on the net though, haha. No I'm not girlie , but hey - people talk about me that way all the time, I said to them - STFU . Anyway I just love the song, very melodious .

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA8opx-d44c
    hi, i just saw the movie, the soundtrack was really cool, but the movie itself was average at best. Here's a short review. And no, atlantean, if you want to see Twilight, I promise I won't think you're girly. It does have its moments of action too, I'm sure you'd like

While I couldn't stop myself from raving about the books, I couldn't bring myself to say the same thing for its movie adaptation. I've seen the trailer, it should have warned me, but still, I gave it a chance. It wasn't horrible, but I couldn't say that it was good either. It was just... average... a muted version of the intense human/vampire love story that millions have tagged as the new Harry Potter of tween literature.
    Although it didn't deviate too much from the original story, my main complaint about the flick was that screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg borrowed too many lines from the book. While it worked for the literary version due to lengthy explanations about the characters' psyche, Edward's struggle to come to terms with his love for a human seemed trivial in the movie. Rosenberg should have had the confidence to write her own material for screen purposes because I found that the best quips of the movie were those pieces of witticisms that she added. There's still New Moon yet, so there's still hope. Come on Mel, you can do it! :-)
    The characters, ahh, the characters! Ironic though it is, I find that although they photograph really well, everybody, I mean everybody (I love Eric) fit their part to a T, except the main characters Edward and Bella. Bella, still acceptable because her character is weird to begin with, but Edward? Could you spell constipated? Because that was how he looked for the entire two hour or so run of the movie. Acting school please! Edward is supposed to be tortured, not in need of a toilet, dude!
    Other than that (and the sometimes abrupt cuts), Twilight was an okay adaptation of the book. Its not Lord of the Rings but it didn't have hundreds and millions of budget to spare so its a good enough effort.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by anggemb View Post
    And no, atlantean, if you want to see Twilight, I promise I won't think you're girly. It does have its moments of action too, I'm sure you'd like
    Hehe, actually I don't mind people calling me that, I'm just joking with you. I'm already famous here at SPCNET - lol *throw up*, coz I love girlie stuff haha, romance kdrama, romance anime (toradora/skip*beat), kawaii stuff and hearing girlie anime song kah-kah. A couple of time already people mistaking me for a girl . LOL, if you know my real name, the sound of it also girlie - hehehe.

The last time I got into argument with several members, which they thought I got mad because they call me girlie, but it's not, on the surface it is, but actually it's because of something else in the background, the real cause of it, which no one knew .

All girlie stuff aside, I also love watching badass stuff and reading badass books. Luv to try and read Twilight, but I have a very long commitment to other books right now, The WoT series, The Sword of Truth series, Alera series, Mistborn series and also Jack Reacher series.

Check this:

My thread for romance movies and badass movies, see both side in equilibrium

So yeah, you should enjoy what you like and it's your rights to like it and don't let people make you feel down coz they hate the things that you like. Before I always pissed because of that, but now, I'll just let it pass like a wind, and you should do it too . Anyway every person is entitled to their opinion and in a public forum like this, it's tend to have someone who doesn't agree with you. The important thing is to always cool down and not let your emotion carry you down. Hahaha, trust me, I learn all this through experience and it's indeed a very bad and painful experience.

Life is short, feeling emo and making lots of complaint will just wasted the time which can be used to do other better things .
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 11-28-08 at 02:35 AM.

Agreed with anggemb. The movie was just average. Well, for me it was below average.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Hehe, actually I don't mind people calling me that, I'm just joking with you. I'm already famous here at SPCNET - lol *throw up*, coz I love girlie stuff haha, romance kdrama, romance anime (toradora/skip*beat), kawaii stuff and hearing girlie anime song kah-kah. A couple of time already people mistaking me for a girl . LOL, if you know my real name, the sound of it also girlie - hehehe.
    I was one. I only know you are a guy after reading your life story in the 'One Child Policy' thread. Very sorry about that.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩