Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you like scary stories?

I love the Mr Vampire series!! Lam Ching Ying will always be remembered will be missed by many. I like him for his leading roles in many of his (HK) horror movies.
    Have you learned to love one another?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    I love the Mr Vampire series!! Lam Ching Ying will always be remembered will be missed by many. I like him for his leading roles in many of his (HK) horror movies.
    Yeah, Mr Vampire is super funny especially the first one and Lam Ching Ying is cool and badass while Ricky Hui is hilariously funny

stop breathing!, stop breathing!

Default Mr. Vampire

Do you mean stop breathing because the vampires could only "see" you if you were breathing?
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Since the moment I saw photos of real-life accidents on an infamous website (r****n.com) 7 or 8 years ago fictional horror stuffs have become pretty boring to me. Real stuffs are the real deal, they always make you want to puke no matter how many horror movies or stories you've seen or watched.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    I am an avid horror fan. I like horror books, horror stories, horror movies, horror games... I love to be scared as long as I'm safe...;-)
    What horror games do you like playing?

I find horror games a lot more scary than watching the movies, 'cos you feel so immersed in the surroundings around you.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang ( : View Post
    Do you mean stop breathing because the vampires could only "see" you if you were breathing?
    yeah, it's funny is it , stupid jumping vampire
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 11-01-08 at 01:34 PM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

My scary moment in horror are:

1) When Sadako is going out from the Tv in Ring 1 ending, I just can't bear to watch how she move after she got out from the tv
    2) When Sadako chase someone in the water well in Ring 2
    3) The lift scene in The Eye
    4) Going to the basement in Evil Dead 1
    5) The licking food scene in The Eye
    6) I'm-Cold Scene at the hospital in The Eye
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 11-01-08 at 01:34 PM.

My problem with most "scary" stories is that they fail to be scary.

But I found this very short one by our own Radken to be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    yeah, it's funny is it , stupid jumping vampire
    I find them pretty cool, especially when they dress up in their Qing dynasty costumes. If I turned up to a Halloween costume party that's what I'll wear.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    My problem with most "scary" stories is that they fail to be scary.

But I found this very short one by our own Radken to be pretty good.
    because Ken and also the others, you just doesn't have the abilities to completely immerse yourself in there, to the moment, in the movies. When I watch movies, I'm completely forgot my surrounding and lost myself in the environment of the movies that I'm watching. It's like I'm in there.

When I watch horror movies, I'm the only one who always jump out of my seat - haha - funny. When I'm startle, it is also very bad. People actually scared not because of the movie but because of how hard I startled because of the shock. Yeah I know I concentrate too much.

because Ken and also the others, you just doesn't have the abilities to completely immerse yourself in there, to the moment, in the movies. When I watch movies, I'm completely forgot my surrounding and lost myself in the environment of the movies that I'm watching. It's like I'm in there.

When I watch horror movies, I'm the only one who always jump out of my seat - haha - funny. When I'm startle, it is also very bad. People actually scared not because of the movie but because of how hard I startled because of the shock. Yeah I know I concentrate too much.
    I find the scariest stories/movies are the ones that are entrenched in enough "realism" to actually be sort of believable. Those are scary because you think to yourself, "This is remotely possible." Think the original BLAIR WITCH PROJECT, or the original EXORCIST.

But if it's really outlandish, then it's hard to be frightened by it because it's so implausible.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

I find the scariest stories/movies are the ones that are entrenched in enough "realism" to actually be sort of believable. Those are scary because you think to yourself, "This is remotely possible." Think the original BLAIR WITCH PROJECT, or the original EXORCIST.

But if it's really outlandish, then it's hard to be frightened by it because it's so implausible.
    Ken you watch scary movies because you want to be scared you heart out, not because you want to try to find realism or if those scene is really possible to happen. I mean how in the hell can a woman in a water well comes out from it and comes to this world through a tv - haha.

If you want something real, you should watch faces of death instead , even that show is clearly stage.

Ken you watch scary movies because you want to be scared you heart out, not because you want to try to find realism or if those scene is really possible to happen. I mean how in the hell can a woman in a water well comes out from it and comes to this world through a tv - haha.
    But that's just it: to be scary, there has to be a perception of a credible threat. If I go in with the mindset that what's on screen is utterly impossible, then it fails to feel menacing or threatening.

The more realistic it is, the more threatening (and hence, frightening) it is because the mind recognizes the possibility of an actual threat.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

But that's just it: to be scary, there has to be a perception of a credible threat. If I go in with the mindset that what's on screen is utterly impossible, then it fails to feel menacing or threatening.

The more realistic it is, the more threatening (and hence, frightening) it is because the mind recognizes the possibility of an actual threat.
    I myself ken have a very vivid imagination and I can just transfer myself or just accept that those things can happen in 2 hours I stay in the cinema and enjoying myself and get scared my heart out . Well I pay for it . Yeah that is what we call suspension of disbelief (SOD). If SOD is not exist anymore in people heart, cinema will need to close coz most of them need SOD to be enjoyed. At that time I think we should just stay in the comfort of our home watching the discovery channel .

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    I find them pretty cool, especially when they dress up in their Qing dynasty costumes. If I turned up to a Halloween costume party that's what I'll wear.
    I dressed up as a "Mr.Vampire" vampire when I was around a 7-8 for Halloween with white makeup all over my face, fangs, and black circles around my eyes. No one knew what type of vampire I was though.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

I like scary movies but haven't watch any recently. I like Mr. Vampire series =)