Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why didn't MCF ask YK about QZ internal training?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    The wager was Qiu Chuji's way of fobbing off the Freaks' continued wish to contest with him, and to get them to look after the Guo family at the same time. He didn't take the martial art contest seriously, as he only bothered to cursorily teach Yang Kang after learning about his character. The main intention was to look after the Guo and Yang families, and in that he had failed with Yang Kang, while the Freaks had gloriously succeeded with Guo Jing. Whatever Guo Jing's and Yang Kang's martial art level, Li Ping was alive and well in Mongolia and Guo Jing was an honourable Song patriot, while Bao Xiruo was dead and Yang Kang saw himself as a Jin prince.
    i agree with you that QCJ is the loosing part here, but my point that I dont grasp the Freaks claim that they are heroes.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung View Post
    i agree with you that QCJ is the loosing part here, but my point that I dont grasp the Freaks claim that they are heroes.
    The Freaks aspired to heroism, but they didn't call themselves the Seven Heroes, but the Seven Freaks. It's other people who courteously call them the Seven Heroes of Jiangnan. In any case, the Freaks were competent enough in their part of the world, and they conformed enough to the xia model, using their abilities to help the weak, that they deserve that respect. Other than the main characters, are there many others who were better xias than the Freaks? The average Quanzhen or Beggar Clan member, whilst of lesser ability, was also less humble than any Freak, and more precious of their status.

I honestly think this is a poorly constructed plot-hole in the novel. LOCH is a great novel, but not without lotsa flaws.

It also doesn't make sense that Yau Chui Gei didn't get YK out of the Jin palace. He played a big part in messing up YK's character by never telling him about his true identity.

Quote Originally Posted by muidi View Post
    Yau Chui Gei taught YK advanced inner power for sure. The guy who later raped XLN said to the seven freaks that YK martial arts is better than his and far exceeds the martial arts of GJ at the time where GJ was in the Mongolian desert.
    And according to the relationship between Yau Chui Gei and Yeung tim sum (father of YK), I think Yau Chui Gei wanted to teach all the best martial art of his school to YK. It is only that YK didnt appreciate Cheun Zen School.

In the GJ v YK fight, it was stated that GJ had far superior inner power, but he was more naive in combat (hence suffering more hits). YK was taught by QCJ but he likely didn't concentrate on learning MA that much. Besides, GJ's personality is more suited to learning advanced inner arts and thus he could progress much faster.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."