Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why didn't MCF ask YK about QZ internal training?

Default Why didn't MCF ask YK about QZ internal training?

One plot point in LOCH was how MCF desired the internal energy secrets of QZ. She tricked Ma Yu into explaining a bit and later made GJ tell her more before she'll help him.

MCF's disciple was YK who trained for several years under QCJ. Didn't MCF know he learned QZ internal energy? Even the 7 freaks noticed when GJ learned QZ internal energy for just 2 years. MCF should've just asked YK.

I think Yang Kang was too much of a novice at it to explain well.

She did not know that he was learning QZ skills.

It was said that she realised a great master was teaching him but she did not even bother to ask about the details.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Did Yau Chui Gei even train Yeung Hong in the Cheun Jen Sect's advanced inner power techniques? I'm under the impression that Yau never taught Yeung Hong anything more than the basics, and that Yeung Hong learned much less about Cheun Jen Sect inner power than Gwok Jing learned from Ma Yuk in Mongolia.

I that Ma Yu taught GJ basic breathing exercises or was he 'tricking' GJ into learning QZ inner power training without feeling obligated to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Did Yau Chui Gei even train Yeung Hong in the Cheun Jen Sect's advanced inner power techniques? I'm under the impression that Yau never taught Yeung Hong anything more than the basics, and that Yeung Hong learned much less about Cheun Jen Sect inner power than Gwok Jing learned from Ma Yuk in Mongolia.

Yau Chui Gei taught YK advanced inner power for sure. The guy who later raped XLN said to the seven freaks that YK martial arts is better than his and far exceeds the martial arts of GJ at the time where GJ was in the Mongolian desert.
    And according to the relationship between Yau Chui Gei and Yeung tim sum (father of YK), I think Yau Chui Gei wanted to teach all the best martial art of his school to YK. It is only that YK didnt appreciate Cheun Zen School.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    I that Ma Yu taught GJ basic breathing exercises or was he 'tricking' GJ into learning QZ inner power training without feeling obligated to him?
    This bit is a bit confusing to me as well. If MY only taught breathing exercises, then why is GJ so familiar to Taoist inner power? If it is inner power that MY was teaching, then surly it is MA. This doesnt mean that the relationship teacher/student were established, but why did the 7 Freaks feel that this is OK? By acknowlegde that MY taught GJ inner power, doesnt it mean that they admit that they need help from QZ?
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung View Post
    This bit is a bit confusing to me as well. If MY only taught breathing exercises, then why is GJ so familiar to Taoist inner power? If it is inner power that MY was teaching, then surly it is MA. This doesnt mean that the relationship teacher/student were established, but why did the 7 Freaks feel that this is OK? By acknowlegde that MY taught GJ inner power, doesnt it mean that they admit that they need help from QZ?
    First GJ learned only breathing techniques. Later he got more advanced inner power martial art from QZ.
    I think it was ok for the seven freaks because they didnt see any other possibilities that GJ could win the fight with YK. To see that GJ after learning the orthodox inner power advanced so much, they were more happy than angry. And dont forget, GJ already learned QZ inner power when the freaks discovered it. It is not that they ask for help.

It may have been a while, but I forgot, how did YK become MCF's student again?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    It may have been a while, but I forgot, how did YK become MCF's student again?
    She got somehow injured (I think from her wrong training of the 9yin manual) and hid herself in a cave. Then YK coincidentally came and help her (giving her food, etc.). After his help she taught YK some 9yin claw.

Quote Originally Posted by muidi View Post
    First GJ learned only breathing techniques. Later he got more advanced inner power martial art from QZ.
    I think it was ok for the seven freaks because they didnt see any other possibilities that GJ could win the fight with YK. To see that GJ after learning the orthodox inner power advanced so much, they were more happy than angry. And dont forget, GJ already learned QZ inner power when the freaks discovered it. It is not that they ask for help.
    Ma Yu taught him internal cultivation techniques in the guise of teaching him to relax, breathe, sleep, etc. Ma Yu wanted to help him without overtly helping him, so he downplayed the significance of what he was teaching, and Guo Jing was under the impression that what he learned wasn't really martial arts. It wasn't until the Freaks confronted him and Ma Yu showed up that Guo Jing realised what it was that he'd been taught, and Ma Yu didn't teach him any more after that (the Mongol battle came straight afterwards), so what he'd been taught by that point was what he was left with, until he added the various cultivation techniques from 9 yin.

Ma Yu taught GJ for ages in Mongolia one on one- it is often a wonder to me why GJ never got much better than the way he did.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Ma Yu taught GJ for ages in Mongolia one on one- it is often a wonder to me why GJ never got much better than the way he did.
    Eh? He improved in internal within 2 years to learn most of the 18 DP. Guys like Shi worked for years and couldnt crack 12.

Although the way it was written, it did not really stress how impressive GJ's internal was. Even 3rd tier SOD fighters had more impressive descriptions.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

GJ made good progress in his inner power as he was guided by an expert and his mind set was ideal for practising inner power. MCF got her toaist formula from the 9yin text. she never knew who taught yang kang.

the 9yin text was devided in to two parts. the first parts had taoist inner power training instructions. the second part contained theories of various martial arts and how to train those arts. 9yin martial arts were inner power based. the 2nd part told you how to exert your inner power when training the martial art skills but not how to train the inner power itself, that was in the 1st part. MCF muddled around till she got the pointers from GJ.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

As I see it, the freaks knew that they would loose if MY hadnt taught GJ. Therefore they down played the MY parts in GJ's training. It also helped that MY never wanted or claimed to have trained GJ.

If MY only taught GJ breathing and relaxing techniques, then how come GJ know so much about advanded Taoist cultivation?

To Ken Cheng: The freaks are hyprocrites. Calling themself heroes, but use poison and execpting help without giving credits.

As I see it, the freaks knew that they would loose if MY hadnt taught GJ. Therefore they down played the MY parts in GJ's training. It also helped that MY never wanted or claimed to have trained GJ.

If MY only taught GJ breathing and relaxing techniques, then how come GJ know so much about advanded Taoist cultivation?

To Ken Cheng: The freaks are hyprocrites. Calling themself heroes, but use poison and execpting help without giving credits.
    It was Ma Yu himself who played down what he taught Guo Jing. The breathing and relaxing techniques were advanced Quanzhen cultivation techniques, as shown later when Guo Jing helped Zhou Botong cope with Huang Yaoshi's flute, but Ma Yu dismissed Guo Jing's kowtows, saying he wasn't really teaching him martial arts. Ma Yu's original intention was to give Guo Jing a good foundation, then leave without letting anyone else know about it. When he had to step in to protect Guo Jing, the Freaks greeted him with every courtesy they could, so the Freaks in no way played down his significance.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    It was Ma Yu himself who played down what he taught Guo Jing. The breathing and relaxing techniques were advanced Quanzhen cultivation techniques, as shown later when Guo Jing helped Zhou Botong cope with Huang Yaoshi's flute, but Ma Yu dismissed Guo Jing's kowtows, saying he wasn't really teaching him martial arts. Ma Yu's original intention was to give Guo Jing a good foundation, then leave without letting anyone else know about it. When he had to step in to protect Guo Jing, the Freaks greeted him with every courtesy they could, so the Freaks in no way played down his significance.
    Yes, it was Ma Yu who initially played down his part, but the freaks went along with it. How can they justify GJ's QZ inner power when GJ were to meet YH? If GJ were to win, they cannot claim that it is only Freaks MAs.

Yes, it was Ma Yu who initially played down his part, but the freaks went along with it. How can they justify GJ's QZ inner power when GJ were to meet YH? If GJ were to win, they cannot claim that it is only Freaks MAs.
    Outside the Joust for a Spouse incident, Guo Jing and Yang Kang never duelled, and the Freaks never had the opportunity to proclaim or deny Ma Yu's part in Guo Jing's development. Qiu Chuji judged the two contestants on the basis of wuxia, and said that xia was by far the most important part of the whole, and on that count, the Freaks produced a far better student than did Qiu Chuji, and that the Freaks had thrashed him.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Outside the Joust for a Spouse incident, Guo Jing and Yang Kang never duelled, and the Freaks never had the opportunity to proclaim or deny Ma Yu's part in Guo Jing's development. Qiu Chuji judged the two contestants on the basis of wuxia, and said that xia was by far the most important part of the whole, and on that count, the Freaks produced a far better student than did Qiu Chuji, and that the Freaks had thrashed him.
    But that was actually not he original intent of the battle. It was to show whos MA was greater, in other words, the wu part. If the bet was about wuxia, then how could they measure the xia part?

Clearly, QCJ got embarreshed (spelling?).

But that was actually not he original intent of the battle. It was to show whos MA was greater, in other words, the wu part. If the bet was about wuxia, then how could they measure the xia part?

Clearly, QCJ got embarreshed (spelling?).
    The wager was Qiu Chuji's way of fobbing off the Freaks' continued wish to contest with him, and to get them to look after the Guo family at the same time. He didn't take the martial art contest seriously, as he only bothered to cursorily teach Yang Kang after learning about his character. The main intention was to look after the Guo and Yang families, and in that he had failed with Yang Kang, while the Freaks had gloriously succeeded with Guo Jing. Whatever Guo Jing's and Yang Kang's martial art level, Li Ping was alive and well in Mongolia and Guo Jing was an honourable Song patriot, while Bao Xiruo was dead and Yang Kang saw himself as a Jin prince.