Thread: TVB promoting children before marriage? (may be spoilers)

Default TVB promoting children before marriage? (may be spoilers)

Here is the deal, I have been watching TVB series for over 25 years. I was a die-hard fan for many years, but as I got older and busier, I would watch series on and off. I would usually find something I want to watch and then get addicted and keep going. Then after watching something that is not as good, I will take a break. I haven't watched anything for probably about 1.5-2 years until last month, when I started to watch On the First Beat. Since then, I have watched Forensic Heroes 2 as well. While I loved both shows, I can't help but notice that they had couples on both shows where they get pregnant before marriage. These were educated women in high positions and they didn't use birth control of any kind? What is up with that? What kind of message are they trying to send?

I don't think that TVB promotes children before marriage, but the network is definitely pro-life and has become more conservative. Now the shows lack sex (prostitution, rape scenes), drugs (no one smokes anymore), profanity (even the toned down euphemisms), and other types of violence.

I don't care for violence myself, after all the toning down the stories get very repetitive.

It actually makes me mad that there is an assumption that the only way to "domesticate" a high power woman is to impregnate her. I am sure if the women choose to get married, they will plan timeline to get pregnant.