Thread: Why did the Yuan mercenaries make a pretense of being the Mo Dong 6 Heroes?

Default Why did the Yuan mercenaries make a pretense of being the Mo Dong 6 Heroes?

When the mercenaries working for the Yuan Dynasty accosted the convoy from the Dragon Gate Courier Agency hoping to take the Dragon Sabre (which they believed was still in the possession of Mo Dong Hero # 3 Yu Doi Nam), they made a pretense of being the other six Mo Dong Heroes.

But why did they bother with such a pretense? Just *one* of the mercenaries likely would have been more powerful than agency head Do Dai Gum and his entire security staff. They could have easily overwhelmed the courier security and just taken whatever they wanted without all the complications of pretending to be the Mo Dong Heroes.

By the way, which of the mercs that turned up with Chiu Mun at Mt. Mo Dong some twenty years later were also there that day beating the stuffing out of Yu Doi Nam? Ah Dai, Ah 2, and Ah 3 were there, of course, as were the Yeun Ming Elders...but beyond that, there *had* to have been some comings and goings (i.e. deaths, resignations, firings, etc.) on the mercenary staff during the intervening two decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    When the mercenaries working for the Yuan Dynasty accosted the convoy from the Dragon Gate Courier Agency hoping to take the Dragon Sabre (which they believed was still in the possession of Mo Dong Hero # Yu Doi Nam), they made a pretense of being the other six Mo Dong Heroes.

But why did they bother with such a pretense? Just *one* of the mercenaries would have likely been more powerful than the agency head Do Dai Gum and his entire security staff. They could have easily overwhelmed the courier security and just taken whatever they wanted without all the complications of pretending to be the Mo Dong Heroes?

By the way, which of the mercs that turned up with Chiu Mun at Mt. Mo Dong some twenty years later were also there that day beating the stuffings out of Yu Doi Nam. Ah Dai, Ah 2, and Ah 3 were there, of course, as were the Yeun Ming Elders...but beyond that, there *had* to have been some comings and goings (i.e. deaths, resignations, firings, etc.) on the mercenary staff during the intervening two decades.
    It was probably Cheng Kun's idea of creating chaos between Shaolin and Wu Dang because the two schools can fight each other, The Yuans would have the Dragon Saber (had they successfully attain the saber) and enjoy the profits of two schools opposing each other while they sit on the sidelines watching the fight. That's my 2 cents.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

They didnt intend to pretend be the 6 heroes of wudan. It just happend that they were 6 persons and the Dragon Gate Courier Agency people assumed that they were. The mercenaries just got along with it.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?