Thread: Chinese passport in the US - renewable or not?

Default Chinese passport in the US - renewable or not?

Hi, just a quick question to anyone who may know about this: it is possible to renew a Chinese passport in the US? I checked the Chicago Chinese Consulate and they say as of Jan 2007, PRC law not does not permit them to renew any more, and you have to get a new passport. Is that true for all Chinese consulates in the US?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Hi, just a quick question to anyone who may know about this: it is possible to renew a Chinese passport in the US? I checked the Chicago Chinese Consulate and they say as of Jan 2007, PRC law not does not permit them to renew any more, and you have to get a new passport. Is that true for all Chinese consulates in the US?
    I am not 100% sure but I heard some of classmates say that they have to renew it every year. They also have to specify the reason why they need to renew(either for work or school). A teacher, manager or supervisor has to sign your renewal form in order to confirm your reasons for renewal too.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.