Filming Starts:
    Mid-January 2009

Producer:
    Poon Ka Tak

Episodes:

Genre:
    Modern; Light-hearted drama

What's so special:
    A time-travel show, going back to the simple and filled with compassion time period of the 1960s, and together with the father in his young days living at Yuen Long, they became close friends/"brothers". This drama illustrates a special type of father-son relationship; warm-hearted and reminiscing the past times; light-hearted and humorous.

Story Outline:
    The relationship between the father and son had always been distant. The son felt that the father's set of principles were too outdated. The father always mentioned that he had a strange encounter in his younger days, but the son was certain that it was just his excuse to cover up his failure. During the period when their relationship was the most strained, the father met an accident and went into a coma, with his life hanging on a thread. The son was remorseful, and while feeling lost and helpless, he accidentally traveled back in time - returning to the younger days of his father...
    The father and son actually became good friends. In this simple generation-period, the son learned how to get along with others again, and experienced how valuable relationships with his closed ones are. He even witnessed the strange encounter during his father's younger days - which was actually that the father had met up with the son, whom wasn't supposed to be born yet at that time...
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-05-09 at 03:29 PM.

Wow! Nice cast. Susanna is finally in another series that is not HOG or MR. I wonder how she will do. So I assume Bosco, Tavia, and Linda will form a love triangle.

Any idea what will happen in the plot?

Is this confirmed yet? Linda n Tavia together in a series...Hopefully Tavia gets more screen appearance...I've seen enough of Linda.

Default The Truth Father of Him 《巴不得爸爸》

creds to asianfanatics.net

Producer: Poon Ka Tak

summary cred to Ron's Baidu, psycho 0805 @ Myolie forum, yuki9066@asianfanatics

Tentative Cast List:
    Ron Ng, Sunny Chan, Myolie Wu, Shirley Yeung, David Chiang, Gigi Wong, Chun Wong

What's so special:

A time-travel show, going back to the simple and filled with compassion time period of the 1960s, and together with the father in his young days living at Yuen Long, they became close friends/"brothers". This drama illustrates a special type of father-son relationship; warm-hearted and reminiscing the past times; light-hearted and humorous.

Story Outline:
    The relationship between the father and son had always been distant. The son felt that the father's set of principles were too outdated. The father always mentioned that he had a strange encounter in his younger days, but the son was certain that it was just his excuse to cover up his failure. During the period when their relationship was the most strained, the father met an accident and went into a coma, with his life hanging on a thread. The son was remorseful, and while feeling lost and helpless, he accidentally traveled back in time - returning to the younger days of his father...

The father and son actually became good friends. In this simple generation-period, the son learned how to get along with others again, and experienced how valuable relationships with his closed ones are. He even witnessed the strange encounter during his father's younger days - which was actually that the father had met up with the son, whom wasn't supposed to be born yet at that time...

Wow, TVB is really running out of ideas. This is EXACTLY like a movie with both Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Tony Leung Ka Fai from the 90s.

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews/he..._my_father.htm

Quote Originally Posted by wtfmang View Post
    Wow, TVB is really running out of ideas. This is EXACTLY like a movie with both Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Tony Leung Ka Fai from the 90s.

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews/he..._my_father.htm
    True, but I LOVED that movie! )

If they do half as good a job with the series, it might be worth watching...

I don't think TVB is bold enough to do this but an incest theme for this series would be interesting.

^ You mean incest between the son and the young mother? :P
    . . . the rayolie hideout >>>

人在江湖, 身不由己。天下英雄, 到底有誰能夠 ── 笑傲江湖?

What do you think? LOL

Incest does happens in real life.

LOL, well, it briefly happened in the movie version when Tony Leung Chiu Wai saw Carina Lau. But then everything stopped when he realised she was his mother. Nothing incestuous actually happened though... he just commented that she was hot

I mean something "more than that" LOL
    No I'm not thinking wierd/gross anything
    but it would be interesting if the series addresses this family ethical issue more deeply since it does happens in real life. A Dad having kids with his own kid is just...uhhh....I just couldn't believe it could happened

But I don't think HK audience is up for it LOL
    Last edited by triumph2004; 11-29-08 at 01:27 PM.

I thought this was a light comedy, I doubt TVB will do anything serious. Actually, it's not really the Dad having kids with his own kids... it's more like the Mother having kids with her own Son... @.@

And yeah, the HK audience are gonna complain. But they complain about everything.

If TVB can deal with cannibalism, they can surely deal with incest.

The movie was great. Hopefully the series will be good too, but i have my doubts haha.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

From jse at AF

【29/11/08】

吴卓羲与杨思琦将于1月份合拍一部以时光倒流为剧情的电视剧,剧中演员还有陈锦鸿及胡杏儿等人。两人接下来 还会合作拍摄跨年代的电视剧,而杨思琦则很有可能会饰演吴卓羲的妈妈呢!

[29/11/08]

Ron and Shirley will have a series together in the month of January. It is a time-turning family orientated drama. The other cast is Sunny Chan, Myolie Wu and others. In this series, Shirley will be Ron's mother.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 11-30-08 at 03:41 AM.

triumph2004, I don't understand what you are referring to. Since a son is returning to the past to see his father, how could there be incest? I don't think TVB would go as far as make two men have children together

hkangel, just because the son thought the mother was hot, it doesn't really point at anything too incestuous. It's like looking at old photo albums. You can look at a photo album with pictures of your parents and think they look good. It's not incestuous, just awkward. In Tony's version, he fell in love with the girl that looked like his current gf, though.

I did like the movie with the exact same plot and theme, so hopefully, I will like this drama, too. I assume the son would be Ron, Young father is Sunny, and older father is David?
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Costume tryout today

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.on.cc/ncnews/ent/img/ncbrka01_20090112162205_big.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.on.cc/ncnews/ent/img/ncbrka02_20090112162205_big.jpg')

胡杏兒犧牲色相呃鹹濕佬
    【16:22】2009年01月12日

【on.cc專訊】 胡杏兒為無綫新劇《巴不得爸爸》開鏡拜神,劇中她的角色專呃鹹濕佬,打扮得花枝招展,又要裝假胸,玩制服誘 惑來引誘男人,杏兒自覺有少少犧牲色相。

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.on.cc/ncnews/ent/img/ncbrka01_20090112162206_big.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.on.cc/ncnews/ent/img/ncbrka02_20090112162206_big.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.on.cc/ncnews/ent/img/ncbrka03_20090112162206_big.jpg')

楊思琦與吳卓羲絕不過電
    【16:22】2009年01月12日

【on.cc專訊】 楊思琦在新劇《巴不得爸爸》中,飾演粗魯女仔角色,又不時與吳卓羲鬥氣,有不少親近機會。不過思琦名花有主 ,她表示曾與不少男演員合作,自己都不會過電,故不擔心傳緋聞。

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.on.cc/ncnews/ent/img/ncbrka02_20090112163010_big.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.on.cc/ncnews/ent/img/ncbrka03_20090112163010_big.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.on.cc/ncnews/ent/img/ncbrka04_20090112163010_big.jpg')

吳卓羲唔忍心官恩娜食風
    【16:30】2009年01月12日

【on.cc專訊】 吳卓羲拍劇例牌與女拍檔傳緋聞,但新劇《巴不得爸爸》中,每位女演員均名花有主,只得胡定欣一人未有男朋友 ,他笑言若然大家有緋聞一早便有,並否認曾帶官恩娜到荒山野嶺吹風,他笑說:「係都去高級餐廳 啦!」

anyone can come up with a more precise temporary english title?

Myolie's wig is too large, which makes her head big. I don't like her hairstyle.. I'm wondering what she looks like in the modern time..

The series sounds quite interesting, but I'm actually hoping for something for serious than light-hearted. Most of TVB shows nowadays are comedy ones, which lack depth and meaning.

The costumes look horrible on everyone, to be honest. I don't like Myolie's wig as its too big. Sorry to say, but Sunny looks like an old grandpa in one of the pics.

All credits goes to linnette_zj @ myoliewu.co.cc

[09/01/13 新聞] 胡杏兒犧牲色相 (明報)

胡杏兒昨午出席新劇《巴不得爸爸》開鏡拜神,她戴上懷舊假髮及穿起貼身紅色裙亮 相。她飾演的角色要打扮得花姿招展兼裝胸作勢,去呃鹹濕佬的錢。她還要扮鬼扮馬,如扮私家看護、馬姐、秘書 等,有點模仿昔日紅星林鳳、鳳凰女等。問是否需 要犧牲色相?杏兒說服裝會有少許性感如厘士睡衣,但通常臨門一腳都走得甩。她透露戲中更有時空交錯橋段,錯 摸變成吳卓羲媽媽。

When Myolie attended the blessing ceremony for 《巴不得爸爸》 yesterday afternoon, she wore a wig and a tight fitting bright red dress. The character that she is acting requires her to be sexy and putting on fake boobs so as to cheat money from those dirty minded man. She even had to act different roles, such as private nurse, secretary etc.
    Asked if she has to sacrifice herself? Myolie said that some costumes are quite sexy such as night gown, but usually at the nick of time, she can get away. She revealed that in the drama, there is travelling of time and she became Ron's mother by mistake.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/3/10/16/yanny/f_banner79m_851e5aa.jpg'), '')