Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bones on FOX - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 126

Thread: Bones on FOX

  1. #41
    Banned aaren1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I love this show. It's my all time favorite tv show. I liked all episodes of season 4 that I have seen so far.

    I watch missed episodes on tv shows online for free. I enjoy it.

  2. #42
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aaren1 View Post
    I love this show. It's my all time favorite tv show. I liked all episodes of season 4 that I have seen so far.

    I watch missed episodes on tv shows online for free. I enjoy it.
    thanks for the link


  3. #43
    Senior Member Canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    I have given Bones a few more tries and I'm glad I did because it's growing on me. I'm also starting to like the characters. It's comical how Brennan is so technical and mechanical and oh so not modest. She has almost no knowledge of popular culture and therefore every time someone uses a pop reference, she always says that she doesn't know what that means and then continues on as normal. I find that quite funny.

    Because the show is so technical and cold, it takes awhile to warm up to it. The viewer really needs to be patient and go deeper and deeper to uncover the humanity underneath the skin. At times, it even reminds me of my favourite show Moonlighting. Like when Brennan and Booth sometime have little arguments in the car, that is very Moonlighting-ish. I'm pretty sure the sexual tension concept between partners has the Maddie and David blueprint. Let's just hope that Bones and Booth don't end up like Maddie and David though .

    Well well well, I searched for some articles on Bones and look what I found:

    From Flak Magazine:
    In the era of multiple CSIs, it might seem easy to dismiss Bones as just another forensic crime knock-off. But although the female lead is a renowned anthropologist who uses scientific analysis to solve murders, this FOX series actually owes more to the detective shows of the 1980s than the current crop of television whodunits.
    That's what I miss the most about old shows, character development. I didn't see it at first with Bones, but now I do.

    The detective series of the '80s ó from Magnum PI to Remington Steele to Hart To Hart ó were more about the characters involved in the crime-solving than the actual crimes that needed to be solved. Although the programs were light-hearted in nature and simplistic in terms of their plotlines, the shows displayed more depth than today's procedurals precisely because of the characters involved: the lives they lead were fully developed and even seemed like lives real people (albeit handsome and glamorous ones) might live. If there was one detective series in the '80s that epitomized this kind of focus, it was Moonlighting. And, in many ways, Bones is an amalgamation of the new CSI-forensics trend and the old guard Moonlighting-style character-based procedural drama.

    The intelligent dialogue in Bones also owes something to Moonlighting and its ilk. Ever heard a quip like "I know things that would curdle your blood, including a formula that literally curdles blood," in CSI: Las Vegas? No. You wouldn't. And neither would you hear a confession like that given by "brilliant young assistant" Zach Addy (Eric Millegan) when he's confronted about reading comic books: "The conflict is representative of the Darwinian struggle between avians and mammals for dominance," he explains in regards to a Looney Tunes story ó to which his tough-guy interlocutor replies, "Based on Bugs giving Daffy Duck a cigar made out of dynamite?" (If it weren't for their filing cabinets, it'd be safe to assume CSI characters couldn't read at all.)

    Although Bones doesn't always offer the rapid-fire dialogue that kept Moonlighting captivating, the constant bickering between Brennan and Booth often feels like that between the older show's David Addison and Maddie Hayes ó especially when the majority of that verbal wrangling happens within the confines of an automobile (another entertaining Moonlighting trademark). What's more is that Booth and Brennan actually serve as an updated study of the differences between males and females in the socially complex (and often sexist) world of crime-fighting. Dr. Temperance Brennan isn't cold, she's cerebral. And where one might expect the male to be less sympathetic, Special Agent Seeley Booth is actually the caring and understanding one. "I'm not a heart person," Brennan tells the masculine Booth in the pilot episode, "You're the heart person. I'm a brain person." A serious, season-long study of human interaction? Bruckheimer would never sign off on such a thing.
    If you ever stumble on the notion of the Moonlighting curse, don't believe it. The so-called curse is a misconception from those who did not follow the show to the end and who are not very much aware of the multiple off-screen problems. The downfall of Moonlighting is NOT due to the consummation of the two main characters' relationship. Rather, I and other fans who know the show in and out blame its downfall strictly on the writers not being able to sustain the on-screen relationship due to Bruce Willis not being interested in the show anymore with a movie career coming his way and Cybill Shepherd not wanting to spend too much time on the set because of her pregnancy with twins and then wanting to spend more time with them. Every time a couple comes together and then the show falls, people always bring up the Moonlighting curse and that's a load of crap. Unless a show has off-screen problems, there is no such curse. So get it on Brennan and Booth!
    Last edited by Canuck21; 07-02-09 at 10:23 PM.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

    Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

  4. #44
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    I have given Bones a few more tries and I'm glad I did because it's growing on me. I'm also starting to like the characters. It's comical how Brennan is so technical and mechanical and oh so not modest. She has almost no knowledge of popular culture and therefore every time someone uses a pop reference, she always says that she doesn't know what that means and then continues on as normal. I find that quite funny.

    Because the show is so technical and cold, it takes awhile to warm up to it. The viewer really needs to be patient and go deeper and deeper to uncover the humanity underneath the skin. At times, it even reminds me of my favourite show Moonlighting. Like when Brennan and Booth sometime have little arguments in the car, that is very Moonlighting-ish. I'm pretty sure the sexual tension concept between partners has the Maddie and David blueprint. Let's just hope that Bones and Booth don't end up like Maddie and David though .

    Well well well, I searched for some articles on Bones and look what I found:

    From Flak Magazine:

    That's what I miss the most about old shows, character development. I didn't see it at first with Bones, but now I do.



    If you ever stumble on the notion of the Moonlighting curse, don't believe it. The so-called curse is a misconception from those who did not follow the show to the end and who are not very much aware of the multiple off-screen problems. The downfall of Moonlighting is NOT due to the consummation of the two main characters' relationship. Rather, I and other fans who know the show in and out blame its downfall strictly on the writers not being able to sustain the on-screen relationship due to Bruce Willis not being interested in the show anymore with a movie career coming his way and Cybill Shepherd not wanting to spend too much time on the set because of her pregnancy with twins and then wanting to spend more time with them. Every time a couple comes together and then the show falls, people always bring up the Moonlighting curse and that's a load of crap. Unless a show has off-screen problems, there is no such curse. So get it on Brennan and Booth!
    i'm really glad you decided to give it another go! it does grow on you, doesnt it? i remember that it used to be on fox before american idol, and i used to always watch american idol, so i would catch the endings sometimes. then, my attraction to american idol faded, but i'm still watching Bones faithfully! haha
    yeah, i love brennan's "i don't know what that means" moments too. they have been coming less frequently though, as the show progresses into the oncoming seasons.
    and the articles you found on bones are very interesting as well. it does often get compared to moonlighting, but i have never watched that show.
    i really agree with your last sentence!!


  5. #45
    Senior Member Canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i'm really glad you decided to give it another go! it does grow on you, doesnt it? i remember that it used to be on fox before american idol, and i used to always watch american idol, so i would catch the endings sometimes. then, my attraction to american idol faded, but i'm still watching Bones faithfully! haha
    yeah, i love brennan's "i don't know what that means" moments too. they have been coming less frequently though, as the show progresses into the oncoming seasons.
    and the articles you found on bones are very interesting as well. it does often get compared to moonlighting, but i have never watched that show.
    i really agree with your last sentence!!
    Ok now because of you, I can't stop watching Bones. Within two weeks, I've watched three seasons non-stop. I can now say that I'm a BIG fan. You were right, it's really a great show and I can now see the chemistry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Ok, I've tried to watch this show a couple times because I heard a lot about the chemistry between Booth and Brennan, but I don't see it. Where's the chemistry I keep hearing about? As for the cases, well I'm not a fan of these investigative shows so I got bored pretty quick.

    I've been looking for a show with a couple with good chemistry and I can't find any. Everything seem so mechanic now. People say there's chemistry just because the plot wouldn't let the characters consume, but that's just a plot device. Chemistry is something you see right away. You watch the actors interact with each other for the first time and sparks light up. Maybe it's just because I don't find the actors playing Booth and Brennan particularly good nor attractive.
    I was wrong wrong wrong. Unlike Moonlighting where the lead characters and actors are more in your face, Bones's leads are more subtle so it takes a little more time to appreciate them. I'd say by the fifth episode, that's when they get interesting. Brennen and Booth are quite funny characters and both are extremely cute in attitude and also physically. I urge everyone to give this show at least a try. I almost abandoned it too soon, but because I had nothing else to watch I gave it a couple more shots and I'm really glad I did.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

    Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

  6. #46
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Ok now because of you, I can't stop watching Bones. Within two weeks, I've watched three seasons non-stop. I can now say that I'm a BIG fan. You were right, it's really a great show and I can now see the chemistry.


    I was wrong wrong wrong. Unlike Moonlighting where the lead characters and actors are more in your face, Bones's leads are more subtle so it takes a little more time to appreciate them. I'd say by the fifth episode, that's when they get interesting. Brennen and Booth are quite funny characters and both are extremely cute in attitude and also physically. I urge everyone to give this show at least a try. I almost abandoned it too soon, but because I had nothing else to watch I gave it a couple more shots and I'm really glad I did.
    haha yay! i converted someone! that makes me really happy, lol. i'm like literally smiling a huge smile while i type this
    have you gone on to the fourth season yet? i was kinda depressed at the end of the 3rd cause the thing that happened to zach was pretty disappointing...but oh well! stupid writer's strike...


  7. #47
    Senior Member Canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    haha yay! i converted someone! that makes me really happy, lol. i'm like literally smiling a huge smile while i type this
    have you gone on to the fourth season yet? i was kinda depressed at the end of the 3rd cause the thing that happened to zach was pretty disappointing...but oh well! stupid writer's strike...
    I haven't gone on the fourth season yet. I'm rushing my cousin to download that season in a hurry, but yeah what happened to Zach was a bummer. I like every character on that show so it's very disappointing when something like that happens. I hope the writers won't screw up too much season five because I heard that season four had some problems. Anyway, I found a wallpaper that made me laugh...

    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

    Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

  8. #48
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    I haven't gone on the fourth season yet. I'm rushing my cousin to download that season in a hurry, but yeah what happened to Zach was a bummer. I like every character on that show so it's very disappointing when something like that happens. I hope the writers won't screw up too much season five because I heard that season four had some problems. Anyway, I found a wallpaper that made me laugh...

    well i thought the fourth season was ok. the season finale was a bummer though...(i think anyway) but hopefully the fifth season will be good too! fox has officially renewed bones for 2 seasons though, so they will definitely be a sixth season too

    and the wallpaper made me laugh as well, lol


  9. #49
    Senior Member Canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stn9384 View Post
    Not a fan of this show at all. I cant believe I bought 1st and 2nd season on dvd. Watch the 1st episode and it was kinda boring so i didnt even bother to watch the rest of the dvd's.
    The pilot is one of the worse pilots I've seen. It's not a bad episode, but is a bad pilot. A pilot is supposed to introduce the characters in an interesting way to captivate the audience and convince them to come back and this one did not fulfill its mission. It felt like it was an episode in the middle of the road. They should have showed us when Dr. Brennen and Seeley Booth met for the first time. Instead, the viewer is being thrown in the middle of their lives. I was confuse the first time I saw it and it's one of the reason it took me quite some time to finally appreciate the show, but it's really a great show. Since you bought two seasons on DVD, might as well give it a few more chances. I didn't like it at first, but I now LOVE it.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

    Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

  10. #50
    Senior Member Canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    well i thought the fourth season was ok. the season finale was a bummer though...(i think anyway) but hopefully the fifth season will be good too! fox has officially renewed bones for 2 seasons though, so they will definitely be a sixth season too

    and the wallpaper made me laugh as well, lol
    Ok, I saw all of season four and I loved it as much as the other three seasons. I don't know what people are complaining about. I know some people like the procedural aspect more than the character dramas. In that case, those people should stick with CSI. The reason I watch Bones is because I want something more than just the cases, I want character development and all the dramas that come with ones life. This is why Bones stands out among all the crime shows out there right now.

    As for the finale, yeah it wasn't the greatest, a bummer like you said. I prefer seeing the characters we all love. Having to watch characters that I didn't know wasn't as interesting, but that cliffhanger, wow. I can't wait for next season. Finally, I'll have a TV show to follow weekly again, at least for two more seasons.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

    Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

  11. #51
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    The pilot is one of the worse pilots I've seen. It's not a bad episode, but is a bad pilot. A pilot is supposed to introduce the characters in an interesting way to captivate the audience and convince them to come back and this one did not fulfill its mission. It felt like it was an episode in the middle of the road. They should have showed us when Dr. Brennen and Seeley Booth met for the first time. Instead, the viewer is being thrown in the middle of their lives. I was confuse the first time I saw it and it's one of the reason it took me quite some time to finally appreciate the show, but it's really a great show. Since you bought two seasons on DVD, might as well give it a few more chances. I didn't like it at first, but I now LOVE it.
    i agree. the pilot was very sudden, i wouldve liked to watch how they FIRST met. but i think i got caught up in this show after it started. i actually never seen the pilot until after i watched like the second and third seasons and then bought all the seasons on DVD. it really does suck you in after a few episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Ok, I saw all of season four and I loved it as much as the other three seasons. I don't know what people are complaining about. I know some people like the procedural aspect more than the character dramas. In that case, those people should stick with CSI. The reason I watch Bones is because I want something more than just the cases, I want character development and all the dramas that come with ones life. This is why Bones stands out among all the crime shows out there right now.

    As for the finale, yeah it wasn't the greatest, a bummer like you said. I prefer seeing the characters we all love. Having to watch characters that I didn't know wasn't as interesting, but that cliffhanger, wow. I can't wait for next season. Finally, I'll have a TV show to follow weekly again, at least for two more seasons.
    yeah a lot of people were complaining about how the fourth season was different, more character-driven, etc. but in my opinion, thats a good thing! i got caught up into this show because of the characters anyway. for me, the crimes are secondary to the character's relationships. i totally agree with you - if they want procedurals, watch CSI or something.

    yeah, some cliffhanger, huh? i was SO shocked at the end, i swear, i was like screaming at the tv. my parents thought i went insane i cant wait till september when it starts again!
    Last edited by ChineseChik525; 07-24-09 at 05:37 PM.


  12. #52
    Senior Member Canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    ChineseChik525, I'm so obsessed with Bones now you wouldn't believe. You already know that I love Moonlighting, but I don't think I mentioned that I'm a huge fan of Bruce Willis. Anyway, I'm starting to really like the lead actors of Bones, especially the actor who plays Booth. I was reading some David Boreanaz interviews and this one Blood And Bones made me smile because it kind of validates my own taste.

    Working on a one-hour series can be grueling work. When you wrapped Angel, were you looking to dive back into TV right away? No, it kind of fell in my lap. I took a year off, and I did two independent films that I was really pleased with. One went to the Toronto Film Festival. I had another deal over at ABC that fell through. Gail Berman, who was the head of Fox at the time, called and asked me if I wanted to be the lead in [Bones], and I fell in love with the characters. I fell in love with this Hepburn-and-Tracy, kind of Moonlighting [dynamic].

    Oh, I grew up on Moonlighting. Iím a huge Bruce Willis fan. I ran into him on the lot about two years ago and talked to him, and he was really cool. If I could follow a career, thatís the type of career I would love to have.

    Akin to Moonlightingís Maddie and David, you and costar Emily Deschanel have chemistry that you canít manufacture. Was that instant, or is it something you work on? Itís both. I read with a couple of girls when they were testing for the role. Obviously, something clicked in the room between the two of us. When you have lightning in the bottle, you want to capture it, nurture it.

    But we actually get together every weekend and break down the script, work on the scenes for the week with our acting coach, Ivana Chubbuck. She taught Halle Berry; she won her an Academy Award.
    Wow, David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel are very dedicated actors. They already spend so much time on the set, it's surprising that they even work together during the weekend! They seem to be really good friends, unlike the other shows that I love so much.

    Beside Moonlighting, I was a huge X-Phile (X-Files fan in case you didn't know) when it originally aired. I recently learnt that David Duchovny directed the episode Judas on a Pole. Did you know that? No wonder I love Bones so much. Mix Moonlighting and The X-Files together and you get Bones.

    Oh, have you ever watched the shows Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared? If you haven't, you should because they're GREAT. Both shows only have one season. They were not popular at the time they aired, but Freaks and Geeks gained quite a cult following. If you read reviews of Freaks and Geeks, you'll notice that those who love, REALLY love it. Freaks and Geeks was created by Paul Feig and executive produced by Judd Apatow and Undeclared was created by Judd Apatow. Recognize that name? He's the guy behind the movies The 40-Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad, Pineapple Express and countless other comedies of the genre. You'll notice that many of the actors in those movies were in Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared. Anyway, where I'm getting at is... do you recognize the second face in the opening credit of Freaks and Geeks and do you recognize the second face of the opening credit of Undeclared?
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

    Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

  13. #53
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    ChineseChik525, I'm so obsessed with Bones now you wouldn't believe. You already know that I love Moonlighting, but I don't think I mentioned that I'm a huge fan of Bruce Willis. Anyway, I'm starting to really like the lead actors of Bones, especially the actor who plays Booth. I was reading some David Boreanaz interviews and this one Blood And Bones made me smile because it kind of validates my own taste.


    Wow, David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel are very dedicated actors. They already spend so much time on the set, it's surprising that they even work together during the weekend! They seem to be really good friends, unlike the other shows that I love so much.

    Beside Moonlighting, I was a huge X-Phile (X-Files fan in case you didn't know) when it originally aired. I recently learnt that David Duchovny directed the episode Judas on a Pole. Did you know that? No wonder I love Bones so much. Mix Moonlighting and The X-Files together and you get Bones.

    Oh, have you ever watched the shows Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared? If you haven't, you should because they're GREAT. Both shows only have one season. They were not popular at the time they aired, but Freaks and Geeks gained quite a cult following. If you read reviews of Freaks and Geeks, you'll notice that those who love, REALLY love it. Freaks and Geeks was created by Paul Feig and executive produced by Judd Apatow and Undeclared was created by Judd Apatow. Recognize that name? He's the guy behind the movies The 40-Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad, Pineapple Express and countless other comedies of the genre. You'll notice that many of the actors in those movies were in Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared. Anyway, where I'm getting at is... do you recognize the second face in the opening credit of Freaks and Geeks and do you recognize the second face of the opening credit of Undeclared?
    haha, its does get good doesnt it? bones can be very addicting lol and david boreanaz grows on you, doesnt he? i didnt like him that much at first either, but the more i watch this show, the more i like everyone in it! i think theyre all such talented actors. and the dynamic between emily and david really is great. i love them together - so cute! and even off screen, if you watch interviews or behind the scenes stuff with them together you can tell theyre really close and really good friends. i guess thats where all the chemistry comes from
    and haha, i did not know that X-Phile meant X-Files fan! lol thats interesting
    oh, and i know what your getting at from freaks and geeks: john francis daley i love that guy! in fact, sweets is probably my favorite supporting character. he's so funny and i think creates great dynamics/situations with booth and bones. his scenes almost always make me laugh and i just looked up undeclared! i didnt know the girl that played daisy is in there. its kinda ironic how she ends up with sweets. its like all interconnected lol. thanks for that piece of info, interesting stuff there and i love sweets/daisy! orginally, i thought daisy was SO annoying but somehow, with sweets theyre such a cute couple. i especially love the episode "cinderella in the cardboard" where sweets thinks daisy's cheating on him...it was so cute! haha


  14. #54
    Senior Member Canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    haha, its does get good doesnt it? bones can be very addicting lol and david boreanaz grows on you, doesnt he? i didnt like him that much at first either, but the more i watch this show, the more i like everyone in it! i think theyre all such talented actors. and the dynamic between emily and david really is great. i love them together - so cute! and even off screen, if you watch interviews or behind the scenes stuff with them together you can tell theyre really close and really good friends. i guess thats where all the chemistry comes from
    David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel definitely grow on you. That's a testament to their talent and charisma. People just need to be patient with them and with the show. Give them a chance. It's weird how I didn't like them at first. I knew that David used to have a role on Buffy, but I didn't even gave him a second look. He was this hunk guy and all, but not my type. When I saw him for the first time in Bones, I was like "oh him" in a rather negative way. My first impression of Emily was her prominent face structure and her deep voice. I was taken aback to be honest. On the other hand, I liked the other cast members immediately.

    It is so strange how I find David and Emily so beautiful now. David has the cutest smile, he literary makes me melt every time he smiles. I like Emily's beautiful eyes and I like her mannerism. She looks strong and intelligent and also feminine and sophisticated. They actually bring a lot of themselves to their characters. Emily is a vegan and I believe Brennan is a vegetarian. David wears those same colourful socks Booth wears. I also like the fact that he's an NHL fan. I love hockey and I like the idea that he likes it too. I notice a lot of NHL hockey memorabilia in Booth's office. Little things like that connects the show to fans like me.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

    Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

  15. #55
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel definitely grow on you. That's a testament to their talent and charisma. People just need to be patient with them and with the show. Give them a chance. It's weird how I didn't like them at first. I knew that David used to have a role on Buffy, but I didn't even gave him a second look. He was this hunk guy and all, but not my type. When I saw him for the first time in Bones, I was like "oh him" in a rather negative way. My first impression of Emily was her prominent face structure and her deep voice. I was taken aback to be honest. On the other hand, I liked the other cast members immediately.

    It is so strange how I find David and Emily so beautiful now. David has the cutest smile, he literary makes me melt every time he smiles. I like Emily's beautiful eyes and I like her mannerism. She looks strong and intelligent and also feminine and sophisticated. They actually bring a lot of themselves to their characters. Emily is a vegan and I believe Brennan is a vegetarian. David wears those same colourful socks Booth wears. I also like the fact that he's an NHL fan. I love hockey and I like the idea that he likes it too. I notice a lot of NHL hockey memorabilia in Booth's office. Little things like that connects the show to fans like me.
    haha yeah i dont know about brennan being vegetarian, but emily deschanel is a big advocator of being vegan and helping animals and stuff. its nice of her and i remember when i first saw emily eschanel i didnt think she was pretty either. but she seems to be getting prettier each season!
    oh, and i totally agree about booth's smile. he's so adorable. one of my favorite scenes of him was in the christmas episode in season 3 i believe, when brennan is in jail with her father and booth and parker bring her a christmas tree and theyre just staring through the window at each other - that is such a cute moment! and his smile and look was SO amazing.


  16. #56
    Senior Member Canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    haha yeah i dont know about brennan being vegetarian, but emily deschanel is a big advocator of being vegan and helping animals and stuff. its nice of her and i remember when i first saw emily eschanel i didnt think she was pretty either. but she seems to be getting prettier each season!
    oh, and i totally agree about booth's smile. he's so adorable. one of my favorite scenes of him was in the christmas episode in season 3 i believe, when brennan is in jail with her father and booth and parker bring her a christmas tree and theyre just staring through the window at each other - that is such a cute moment! and his smile and look was SO amazing.
    Yeah, that was one of the best moments, very sweet.

    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

    Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

  17. #57
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Yeah, that was one of the best moments, very sweet.

    hehe. nice picture
    oh. that brings up another point - i think the little boy that plays parker is SO adorable. i just wanna squeeze him! lol

    a really great music video i found on youtube - its so good!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQLwSBAfB3Q
    there are also other bones/booth videos made by this user - i think she(he?) is brilliant. falling in love at a coffee shop is also a good one. enjoy
    Last edited by ChineseChik525; 08-11-09 at 09:34 PM.


  18. #58
    Senior Member Canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    hehe. nice picture
    oh. that brings up another point - i think the little boy that plays parker is SO adorable. i just wanna squeeze him! lol
    You know who I think Parker looks like?

    Sarah Michelle Gellar .
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

    Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

  19. #59
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    You know who I think Parker looks like?

    Sarah Michelle Gellar .
    seriously? LOL
    maybe that would be what buffy and angel's kid would look like! haha
    oh, did you see the two new season five promos? theyre on youtube. ill post the link if i can find them again. it looks so good!


  20. #60
    Senior Member Canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525;
    seriously? LOL
    maybe that would be what buffy and angel's kid would look like! haha
    I just finished watching season 3 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I've now jumped onto Angel. I'm not going to bother with the rest of Buffy which I did not like. After watching a handful of episodes, I must say that Angel is quite addicting. Now that Buffy/Sarah Michelle Gellar is out of the way, Angel is so much more interesting; the storyline and style of the show is much more mature than the teenage angst laden Buffy. Buffy made a visit to Angel in one episode and I wanted to puke. Gosh she annoys me a lot. I wanted to cleanse her image by reading about Bones and think about that show instead LOL.

    oh, did you see the two new season five promos? theyre on youtube. ill post the link if i can find them again. it looks so good!
    Yes I did and the second promo made me smile for a long time, I just couldn't wipe out the smirk on my face .

    I just read a very interesting article about season 5, but I won't show it to you because there are some spoilers in there, but I will quote a section where David talks about the chemistry he has with Emily and he reveals a little bit about their personal relationship which I find very interesting.

    David Boreanaz:
    Well it definitely developed from the moment the two of us met. I mean look at us; this is the best twosome in television I think as far as relationships of characters are concerned. When I walked into the room and we were testing, there were two other girls. There was this one girl who we all pretty much thought was the part but when Emily and I worked the scene there was definitely some magic that happened in the room and when you are fortunate enough to catch that lightning in a bottle, you donít really have a sense of where its going to go or how its going to transform. So you work on it and we have been working on our chemistry since day one. We continually work on each episode and each moment in each scene to develop that chemistry and in order to develop that chemistry you have to trust the other person you're working with. With that trust comes a lot of things that you canít really share with other people because itís between the two of us and I cherish that. She is not only someone I work with but she has become part of my family that I can look at and say I enjoy the moments I had with her because they lead to me becoming a better person and in doing so I learn about her, I learn about myself and hence we get chemistry. I think that chemistry has developed in the last four seasons in a very strong way.
    Various things create chemistry, but I think one very important element is that the actors need to and must have a special bond between just the two of them. I don't want to mention Moonlighting again, but I have to because it is pretty much the standard when it comes to the subject of chemistry. From various reports, apparently Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis hated each other, at least at some point. Nevertheless, they had their private moments between filming that were important to them.

    Allan Arkush, Director, talked about the chemistry between Cybill and Bruce:
    ...no matter how tense it got, when they would do the scenes in the car, the BMW, and we'd drive around...after they'd finish the scene and we'd be driving back to the studio, they'd ask that the microphones be turned off. And they'd sit in the car, and they'd talk to each other so no one could hear. And there was an intimacy and intensity there that I think that deep down inside they understood each other. There's no other way around it. And you know what people say a lot about chemistry? I could see it; I could feel it...It wasn't just when the cameras rolled. In the car with the microphones off, they would talk to each other about important things in each other's lives. Then, at the end of it, when they got out of the car, they'd go their separate ways, and you know whatever was going on, they'd be angry with each other or whatever it was...those moments of privacy were very separate. And I couldn't tell what they were talking about, but I could see it through the windshield. And I think that, at that point, whatever was happening, they were, obviously, very important to each other. And I think it comes out on the film, and that made it such a joy to direct.
    Some may say actors always do that, but I don't believe all have a special bond like these couples. It doesn't matter if they love or hate each other, it's the bond despite all the other distractions that creates the chemistry and I find that particular aspect of acting extremely interesting.

    BTW, David Boreanaz's reactions to Buffy vs. Bones is quite different. When asked if he hangs out with his Buffy co-stars he said that he never socializes with them outside of work. I don't know if he's telling the truth, but that's what he's willing to tell the public. On the other hand, he openly admits that he considers Emily as family and works with her during the weekend. He seems much happier on Bones.

    Here's an interview with Sarah Michelle Gellar and David talking about him having a spin-off. Can't say he looks very enthousiastic.

    Oh, you gotta see this ET interview with Emily and David if you haven't yet. He's so cute when he imitates his co-star and then he says "She's so cute... look how cute she is". And my gosh, can he sits even closer to her? It's clear they're good friends and enjoy each other's company. If I had a friend like David though, I don't know if I could resist all that teasing and touching. The guy is a big flirt.

    Did you also see the April's Fool video? It's hilarious. What a great cast.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

    Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Similar Threads

  1. Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain
    By Dennis Chen in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-08, 12:09 AM
  2. Foxy Lady (What's up fox)
    By pepperlounge in forum Japanese/Korean Dramas
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-20-07, 09:59 PM
  3. Chinese Medicine and Dinosaur Bones
    By Suet Seung in forum Academia
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-07, 06:07 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-03-04, 09:58 PM
  5. Other Stories of Flying Fox
    By Yo Kang in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-07-04, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •